The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Mustang Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/)
-   -   Lap Time Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/lap-time-thread-543864/)

dmichaels 4/24/17 06:40 PM

Lap Time Thread
 
TMO has one of these, figured might as well start one here too, even though far fewer folks do road courses here. But this is a good dumping ground for track times and videos.

Limerock
DMichaels - 1.00.90 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, Hankook Z214's

NYST
DMichaels - 1.37.7 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, Hankook Z214's

Watkins Glen Full
Dmichaels - 2.07.78 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, pirelli DH

Grattan
5.Monster - 1.32.4 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

Gingerman
5.Monster - 1.47.17 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

Mid Ohio
5.Monster - 1.48.0 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

CTMP/Mosport
SGwick - 1.42.x - 2011 GT TP, suspension, tuned, NT05's

5.M0NSTER 4/25/17 07:30 PM

Niiice! Good deal and congrats on new PB!

With the new compound tires I'm sure I'll have a PB or two this season as well. First track day is May 28th. I'll post a video and lap time too.

dmichaels 5/12/17 07:12 PM

New PB at NYST (New York safety track) today. My 2nd time there, last time was 4 years ago!! Fun day!

2014 GT TP
Hankook z214
Koni & springs
Tuned
Aero

1.37.7


dmichaels 5/13/17 06:51 PM

I'll start with my new PB today at Lime Rock Park in CT!

2014 GT TP, Hancook Z214 C51's, Custom Koni's, Aero, tuned, other goodies

1.00.9


Bert 5/18/17 04:53 AM

This is a great idea for a thread, sometime soon I'll get organized and post some up!

Come on guys, don't be shy, just because D's times are always better than ours, doesn't mean we can't post! :catfight: :poke: LOL

dmichaels 5/18/17 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7014715)
This is a great idea for a thread, sometime soon I'll get organized and post some up!

Come on guys, don't be shy, just because D's times are always better than ours, doesn't mean we can't post! :catfight: :poke: LOL

Haha! Not true, all the tracks out west everyone else is quicker! I haven't been there yet ;)

But yeah post up! Fun to see how mods help (or hinder...) lap times and see progression as a driver!

5.M0NSTER 5/27/17 07:41 AM

Tomorrow I'm heading to Grattan. IThis may be my first wet track day. 70% chance thunderstorms tomorrow. I have the Hankook Ventus R-S3s on the car. If it's wet my lap times may better with the more narrow Conti Extreme Contact DW tires.

My PB at Grattan is 1:32.7 so far. I doubt I'll be able to break it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

dmichaels 5/27/17 05:52 PM

Good luck with the rainy day, hope you get some dry track time too! The rain can be fun, but it's definitely not my favorite. If you get some wet laps, feel free to post up. I have the only wet lap at Palmer here for trackmustangsonline... figured if Top Gear did it, why not do the same?

Enjoy the track time!

5.M0NSTER 5/28/17 07:37 PM

New PB at Grattan. Barely, but still. 1:32.4

i was hoping for better. Car felt loose most of the day, the traction of Hankook Ventus R-S3 was about ~8% better than the S04s and my expectation was 15-20%. I had to find the pressure sweet spot and re calibrated my expectations

5.M0NSTER 6/5/17 07:44 PM

This was the first time I have been able to lap time Gingerman. So by default my new PB here is 1:47.17

After a break in period and some driving adjustments (slowing down more right before turn in) the Hankook R-S3s now feel pretty grippy. Definitely better than S04, I think it's safe to say the S04s were more forgiving though.

5.M0NSTER 6/13/17 09:08 PM

I was only able to get 2 sessions in today at Mid O. I have a new PB, which I know I can still improve on given more clean laps. Beat the last best time by over 2s. New PB is 1:48.0. It will hopefully fall by the end of August when I'm back at Mid O.


EF1 6/14/17 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7015854)
This was the first time I have been able to lap time Gingerman. So by default my new PB here is 1:47.17

After a break in period and some driving adjustments (slowing down more right before turn in) the Hankook R-S3s now feel pretty grippy. Definitely better than S04, I think it's safe to say the S04s were more forgiving though.

What tire pressure were you running hot in the SO4's? I am getting some wear on the outside edge and it was suggested that I either run a little more air pressure or switch to a tire with more of a square shoulder to keep from wearing out the edges.

5.M0NSTER 6/14/17 08:42 PM


Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016292)
What tire pressure were you running hot in the SO4's? I am getting some wear on the outside edge and it was suggested that I either run a little more air pressure or switch to a tire with more of a square shoulder to keep from wearing out the edges.

The S04s have been retired as of last season. They fell apart on me last September. But I was running 36psi hot and the were happy there.

Now I'm running Hankook Ventus R-S3s, and they are noticeably more grippy, but they don't tolerate being a psi over 35 hot. So I run them at 34-35. Which means 28-29 cool.

P.S. If you're getting decent grip I wouldn't worry about the edge wear. Mine were worn pretty far down the sidewall, but the thread is what fell apart, not the sidewall.

Bert 6/16/17 05:25 AM


Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016292)
What tire pressure were you running hot in the SO4's? I am getting some wear on the outside edge and it was suggested that I either run a little more air pressure or switch to a tire with more of a square shoulder to keep from wearing out the edges.

I have 275/35-19 S04's and about 35 psi hot seems to be about right, though I can't really say for sure.

The outside edge wear on the front is typical of hard cornering and suggests you need more negative camber. I don't think tire pressure will affect it much.

EDIT/PS: sorry we are a bit off track from the thread purpose, I'll post up some times and videos sometime when I get some time!

dmichaels 6/17/17 06:30 AM

Updated with times! If I get fancy, I'll create hyperlinks with the times to the laps

EF1 6/17/17 08:31 AM


Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7016294)
The S04s have been retired as of last season. They fell apart on me last September. But I was running 36psi hot and the were happy there.

Now I'm running Hankook Ventus R-S3s, and they are noticeably more grippy, but they don't tolerate being a psi over 35 hot. So I run them at 34-35. Which means 28-29 cool.

P.S. If you're getting decent grip I wouldn't worry about the edge wear. Mine were worn pretty far down the sidewall, but the thread is what fell apart, not the sidewall.

Thanks I have been running around 35 psi hot and the edges are getting torn up, but the tread is still really good. I will keep an eye on them and see how they hold up.

Also, I need to post some video from Sebring from two weeks ago, I just need to figure out how.

Joeywhat 6/17/17 08:53 AM

I REALLY need to get to the west side of Michigan and do get some track time.

5.M0NSTER 6/17/17 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 7016427)
I REALLY need to get to the west side of Michigan and do get some track time.

Yes, it is time. Check out www.motorsportsreg.com for events and organizers. That's how I started.

Bert 6/19/17 10:46 AM


Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016426)
. . . I have been running around 35 psi hot and the edges are getting torn up, but the tread is still really good. . . . .

sorry, back on this tangent, LOL:

how much camber are you running? sounds like you need more . . .

SGwick 6/21/17 07:59 PM

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP/Mosport) 1.42x :-)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands