Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning
View Poll Results: Which car polish is better?
Zaino
47.11%
Meguiars
52.89%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Zaino vs. Meguiars...

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/06, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up hehe...

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Here's a desktop wallpaper for you PC folks.

I have both of everything! (PC and Mac, Zaino and Meguiars, XBox 360 and (soon) PS3)... It's all good!
I like... me too.
Old 12/2/06, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nxt!!

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
Meguiars gaining ground... NXT
i really cant belive how good that stuff is i dont know why anyone would want something different NXT
Old 12/6/06, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom NH
Nothing wrong with Meguiars or Meguiars NXT but it will not last as long as Zaino. I don’t have the links anymore but I had done a lot of reading and came across a site that had done some durability testing and its results were the NXT would give you a good 4 – 6 weeks of protection while Zaino would give you a good 24 – 30 weeks of protection, 3 coats of each product.

You can’t really compare prices because once you factor in durability, or how long one last compared to the other then price comes out pretty even.

The one factor I liked best about Zaino was you put it on by hand and buff it off by hand and get as good, or in some peoples opinion, better shine then Meguiars which generally requires a buffer to get the best shine possible.

I have never been comfortable with using a buffer especially on today’s painted cars where mistakes can look very bad. It doesn’t take much to get swirl marks and swirl marks can really make a vehicle look crappy.

There is no getting rid of swirl marks, other then wet sanding, so you constantly have to fill in the swirl marks with more wax.

If you’re applying a polish like Zaino by hand you greatly reduce the chances of introducing swirl marks in the paint.

So, excellent shine by applying and buffing off by hand a long with the best durability I decided 5 years ago to go with Zaino and I would never use anything else, at least not at this time. I have used Zaino on my daily driver vehicles and will put on 3 coats prior to winter. It still has Zaino on it after 4 months or so of winter with all the road salt and grime and on average of an automatic car wash once a week.

I have yet to see any wax or polish, including NXT, last all winter long…
Apply the wax or polish by hand and remove it by hand - almost eliminates swirl marks. The more often one touches an object to a car, the more the chanches of damage.

Tried both Meguiar's NXT, Gold Class and Zaino on my rides. They each offer the same in shine and look, IMO. My choice could be either of them.

I use Zaino since it lasts longer and is easier to apply;- with thin coats.

Each of my cars are national show winners and the Zaino on the White GT500 helped her win a Class Award at AutoRama. Judges were asking what she was polished with.

The Roush, she is Mineral Grey and shines like a mirror, has 14 coats of Zaino and has had everything from eggs, to waterspots, soda & cigarettes put on her and no paint damage. All due to serendipity of neighbourhood punk mischief of course, but it is nice to know the protection level it offers.