Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Zaino, ScratchX touch up paint sequence

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/07, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino, ScratchX touch up paint sequence

I'm going to be doing a full Zaino treatment sometime in the next month and have some questions before I start.

There are a few small scratches and chips in the paint that I want to try and fix at the same time. My question is when it the right time to use the touch up paint where I can see primer. Do i apply it after the dawn wash - claybar - Z7 wash, and before the first coat of Z2 or Z5?

For the scratches, what if Z5 does not cover them up? Is it OK to follow them up with some ScratchX?

One more ? Have you guys been using quality microfibers, or are you following the 100% cotton towel rule?
Old 7/24/07, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use the Zaino ZPC Fusion prior to your Z5 application.

Originally Posted by WikdRyd
I'm going to be doing a full Zaino treatment sometime in the next month and have some questions before I start.

There are a few small scratches and chips in the paint that I want to try and fix at the same time. My question is when it the right time to use the touch up paint where I can see primer. Do i apply it after the dawn wash - claybar - Z7 wash, and before the first coat of Z2 or Z5?

For the scratches, what if Z5 does not cover them up? Is it OK to follow them up with some ScratchX?

One more ? Have you guys been using quality microfibers, or are you following the 100% cotton towel rule?
Old 7/24/07, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I would also have all my scratches and nicks fixed days before I did any wax/clay bar work
Old 7/24/07, 01:56 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
+1, you want time for the solutions to adhere and dry completely, before you start taking them back off by washing/waxing and all that stuff.