Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Which Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/07, 04:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Which Zaino?

Which Zaino should I use? The Zaino AIO looks surprisingly similar to Klasse AIO. I was wondering how much more durable the Zaino is, and if it offers a better shine and more protection.
Old 7/10/07, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What color is your Mustang and what kind of time do you want to invest in Zaino?
Old 7/10/07, 08:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It's Vista Blue and I want to invest as little time as possible in something that offers the most protection with the best shine possible. I currently just wash and use Klasse AIO (applied and removed via hand). It takes about 2 hours total.
Old 7/10/07, 09:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Vista Blue as well and have been using Zaino Z2Pro w/ZFX and I get results like this, but I will be trying the Z-AIO next time I get a chance. (Soon)

Attachment 29536
Attached Thumbnails Which Zaino?-rdcoatofzaino05-14-06013.jpg  
Old 7/10/07, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

I heard from several people at the last car gathering that Zaino z2 with ZFX is better than the Z-aio. The Z-AIO is streaky, thick, and not that good. I will stay with Zaino Z2 w/ ZFX.
Old 7/10/07, 03:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by The Reverend
I heard from several people at the last car gathering that Zaino z2 with ZFX is better than the Z-aio. The Z-AIO is streaky, thick, and not that good. I will stay with Zaino Z2 w/ ZFX.
The Z-aio is a different type of product.
A car that is already perfect shouldn't use it.
Z2 with ZFX is all you need and maybe Z-CS sealant on top.
Old 7/16/07, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Has anyone actuall used the old (Z-2/5/8) vs the new (AIO)? I need to replace my Zaino and I want to try the new stuff, but I'd hate to waste money trying to improve on, what I consider, a great product.
Old 7/16/07, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am very happy with my old Zaino. I am goimg to give Zaino-CS a shot with my next order.
Old 7/31/07, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is what you need to know.... directly from the Zaino website.....

And for the most extreme enthusiast...
While not required, for the ULTIMATE in paint protection and an INCREDIBLE show car finish, use Z-AIO, followed by 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z-5 PRO, then 1 coat of Z-2 PRO (including a Z-6 wipe down between coats) and finish off with an application of Z-CS. Wait 12 hours, then wipe down the vehicle with Z-8. Get your sunglasses out, the gloss may be blinding.

Maintain and extend the wet gloss and durability by using Z-7 Show Car Wash with Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray or Z-8 Spray Seal.

ONE STEP CLEANER, POLISH & PROTECTANTZaino Z-AIO ALL-IN-ONE is here.
• Excellent daily driver solution
• Easy to apply & remove
• Apply by hand or machine
• Safe for all paint types
• Restores dull paint & minor oxidation
• Safely smoothes minor flaws & cleans embedded debris
• Leaves a glossy & strong protective layer
• Excellent base coat setup for optional Z-2 PRO or Z-5 PRO application
• Does not contain any oils or fillers

Zaino is proud to build on the success of it's line of award winning Zaino Show Car Polish Products with Zaino Z-AIO ALL-IN-ONE. Z-AIO simplifies the task of painted surface maintenance. Z-AIO's versatility on all paint types make it your one source, goto polish. Whether on your car, truck, motorcycle, or boat, Z-AIO can be your true SINGLE polish & protectant product.
With an emulsifying cleaner and very mild abrasive, Z-AIO gently cleans and protects while effectively enhancing light refraction and reflectivity for remarkable results. The advanced polymeric substructures within Z-AIO produces optically perfect layers to all paint types, yet also provides excellent adhesion and detergent resistance, resulting in a strong and glossy layer of polymer based synthetic protection.
Z-AIO is an excellent solution for daily driven vehicles. Exposure to environmental elements as well as surface contaminants affect the look and life of your paint. Contaminants like tree sap, tar, bird droppings, bug remains, road grime, and many other pollutants can be easily removed with Z-AIO. Z-AIO includes our most advanced sunscreen and UV protection.
Z-AIO can either be used by itself, or as an excellent foundation & bonding agent for the full line of advanced Zaino Show Car Polish Products.
Although it is not required, you may follow up Z-AIO with application of any Zaino Show Car Polish protectant, including our new advanced Z-CS Clear Seal, or Z-2 PRO or Z-5 PRO products
Old 7/31/07, 01:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's too much work. I tried using Klasse AIO followed by HSG but it was too much work for the same results. Which Zaino should I use as a 1 shot protection package for Vista Blue?
Old 7/31/07, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TKEUofM
And for the most extreme enthusiast...
I did this since I bought some AIO and CS as my Z-5 and Z-2 were running low. I had enough Z-5, Z-2 and ZFX to do one last application between the AIO and CS (w/ Z-6 in between) like they instruct. I think for the effort and time expended (took me all weekend), AIO and CS would have been just as good for my needs without the Z-5 and Z-2.

I have a Tungsten Grey GT, so I think the Zaino's deep gloss benefits are a bit lost on that color. Darker cars may have better results with the "extreme" method than I did.

Metro, I think AIO and CS are your best choice. No curing time and no accelerator mixing required. If you wash your car regularly, you could probably touch up with a CS wipe down after each wash and save the AIO for occasional surface polishing.
Old 8/1/07, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I have RedFire paint, and when I get done with the full Zaino application the paint looks flawless. Redfire has the metallic in it and looks awesome in the sun.

The full day of work is well worth it when i'm done.

But I do agree, the full treatment will have more of an impact on darker colors.
Old 8/1/07, 11:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Z-AIO is a good choice to start out with because its all you really need to build the rest of the Zaino line onto. Z-AIO will remove any other waxes you currently have on your Mustang while at the same time providing a layer of Zaino protection and your starting base.