Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

What are you guys using for wax?

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/11, 08:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
This years process consisted of 1 coat Klasse All-in-one, 1 coat Klasse High Gloss sealant followed by 1 coat of Pinnacle Souverin wax. Car is almost 7 years old and still shines like new.

Your car is beautiful, WOW,,, that's a shine-->

Do you recommend your three step process for new cars?
Old 7/7/11, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always used ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze and Carnuba Moose Wax, after clay barring. Since you guys have brand new paint jobs, there's no need to clay, but after some time outside (especially if you don't garage), you'll need it.

JR
Old 7/7/11, 08:12 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LQQK
Your car is beautiful, WOW,,, that's a shine-->

Do you recommend your three step process for new cars?
On a brand new car, if you do not have swirl marks you can skip the All-in-one step. I had to use it since I had not waxed my car since last year. You could certainly use the other 2 products. My reason for that combo is the Klasse is acrylic based and they claim it lasts up to 12 months. That way as the Pinnacle wax breaks down I know I still have a layer of protection underneath. As each month passes, if the paint still looks good I can just apply another coat of wax. Besides, it only takes an ounce of Klasse to do an entire vehicle. The Pinnacle just makes it look a little wetter and deeper.
Old 7/7/11, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

On a brand new car, if you do not have swirl marks you can skip the All-in-one step. I had to use it since I had not waxed my car since last year. You could certainly use the other 2 products. My reason for that combo is the Klasse is acrylic based and they claim it lasts up to 12 months. That way as the Pinnacle wax breaks down I know I still have a layer of protection underneath. As each month passes, if the paint still looks good I can just apply another coat of wax. Besides, it only takes an ounce of Klasse to do an entire vehicle. The Pinnacle just makes it look a little wetter and deeper.
Thanks for the advice-->
Old 7/7/11, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This years process consisted of 1 coat Klasse All-in-one, 1 coat Klasse High Gloss sealant followed by 1 coat of Pinnacle Souverin wax.
Exactly the regimen I've being using for years.
Old 7/7/11, 08:22 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for all the info!
Old 7/7/11, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

adrenalin // askjeffro

I have called Auto Parts stores (OReilly, etc.) no luck finding Klasse, do you know of a national chain store who carries Klasse or is it available only online?
Old 7/7/11, 12:50 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by LQQK
adrenalin // askjeffro

I have called Auto Parts stores (OReilly, etc.) no luck finding Klasse, do you know of a national chain store who carries Klasse or is it available only online?
I order mine online from autogeek.net
Old 7/7/11, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

I order mine online from autogeek.net
Auto geek.net has ridiculous shipping charges! They wanted 40 just for shipping. I went to amazon and got the pinnacle from a local retailer! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get her back from the body shop and spend some time with her.
Old 7/7/11, 04:59 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by Jza1736
Auto geek.net has ridiculous shipping charges! They wanted 40 just for shipping. I went to amazon and got the pinnacle from a local retailer! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get her back from the body shop and spend some time with her.
Good to know. I usually always order more than $95 worth of stuff so shipping is free.
Old 7/7/11, 05:17 PM
Cobra Member

Good to know. I usually always order more than $95 worth of stuff so shipping is free.
I did too everything was $115 plus $40 shipping. Free shipping is now over $500. Things have changed. Then I just ordered the Kaisse high gloss sealant and they still wanted 30 for shipping. = 50. amazon was 5 more for the wax and 10 for shipping $35. You will see next time you order
Old 7/7/11, 05:28 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Guess I will wait until they do the $95+free shipping deal again before I order more stuff. LOL
Old 7/7/11, 05:35 PM
Cobra Member

Guess I will wait until they do the $95+free shipping deal again before I order more stuff. LOL
Definitely post up when u c it and I'll do the same if I notice it
Old 7/9/11, 12:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Stick with croftgate for the weekly clean and eagle 1 for tires. For shows though i use pinnacle and wolfgang stuff. The wolfgang sealant with a layer of croftgates quick n slick makes for one glorious shine and crazy layer of protection
All these pics are with an hours work of croftgate and claybar
Attached Images       
Old 7/10/11, 07:46 PM
Retired Tms Staff

One of these days I might give Croftgate a try. I am still wondering how the product will last since it is relatively new on the market. I refuse to use a waterless car wash though.
Old 7/10/11, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

One of these days I might give Croftgate a try. I am still wondering how the product will last since it is relatively new on the market. I refuse to use a waterless car wash though.
Well its waterless lol. But theyve been around for several years now and theyve been the favorite of guys around the country. Really exploded since guys all over sema got their hands on the stuff. I for can vouch that they last for quite a while. Aquanil-x will last just as long as any other top name wax and then the quick n slick sealant lasts at about 4 months if properly maintained (dust the car evry so often, use a micro with a couple sprays of aquanil for a touch up each week)
Mega polish just adds to the shine and clarity of the paint. Just give it a shot, order the sample pack and watch some videos. Lemme know what you decide to do!
Old 7/11/11, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Blackfire Wet Diamond:

Old 7/17/11, 06:28 PM

Tried the Turtle Wax ICE today for the first time....liked what I saw so far...especially since it does'nt leave white residue on the trim.
Old 8/18/11, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

Been waxing for years and have used several good quality waxes. The Ricks Best Carnauba Wax is the best I've used so far. When I put my car next to others, you can really tell a difference in product. It's static free and gives your car a "dive in" look!

http://prevettes.com/car_care_produc...20&%20Sealants
Old 8/18/11, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Turtle Wax Magic Color Black. I like it a lot, it does a pretty good job at hiding minor scratches.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: What are you guys using for wax?