Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Waxing/cleaning tips

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/05, 09:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there have been a number of threads about the type of wax to use. I have a few quick newbie questions:

1) Can you get Zaino stuff at any stores or do you have to order it online? And what do I actually need to buy?

2) Is Zaino very difficult to apply and remove? How long is the process? Any additional tips in this area?

3) Is there any other brands that are easy to apply/remove that are similar to zaino (or even better)? Ease is the key for me.

4) What do you use to wash your car? Dawn?

5) What kind of towels/rags do you use washing/waxing on your car?

6) How about the interior? What do you guys use on the leather? How about the IUP stuff? Polished rims?

Any tips or advice I can get is greatly appreciated. Got the car Tuesday, so I assume it's ok to go on and wax now since I think the factory bakes the paint. I just want to take the best care of her I can. Thanks in advance!
Old 11/4/05, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SpiderMan79x@November 4, 2005, 10:26 AM
I know there have been a number of threads about the type of wax to use. I have a few quick newbie questions:

1) Can you get Zaino stuff at any stores or do you have to order it online? And what do I actually need to buy?

2) Is Zaino very difficult to apply and remove? How long is the process? Any additional tips in this area?

3) Is there any other brands that are easy to apply/remove that are similar to zaino (or even better)? Ease is the key for me.

4) What do you use to wash your car? Dawn?

5) What kind of towels/rags do you use washing/waxing on your car?

6) How about the interior? What do you guys use on the leather? How about the IUP stuff? Polished rims?
Any tips or advice I can get is greatly appreciated. Got the car Tuesday, so I assume it's ok to go on and wax now since I think the factory bakes the paint. I just want to take the best care of her I can. Thanks in advance!
1) There are no Zaino stores but there might be someone who distributes it in your area. Check out the website for distributors.

2) Zaino is not very hard to use. Again the website has excellent instruction. The process can pretty much take as long as you want it to depending on how many products you use and how many coats you put on.

3) There are lots of other products out there but Zaino is probably the best choice for a novice. I don't use it any more myself but the stuff I use is more expensive and harder to use.

4) Never use dawn to wash your car. Only if you are trying to strip the wax. Always use a car wash detergent. Pick one up from any of your local stores. Meguairs, Mother, Eagle One are nice choice. Zaino has a car wash soap as well but it is fairly expensive for what you get.

5) Use only microfiber towels on your car. Their are two type. The WW (Waffle Weave) ones are for drying and the regular ones are for polishing and waxing. Check out www.pakshak.com for some good ones.

6) For your leather, any type of leather cleaner/conditioner will work well. Again, Zaino has one that is quite nice but you can also find some good ones at your local store. I also use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the dash and other areas of the interior. On your rims, you can just wax them like you would the car.

For lots of info from car care freaks check out www.autopia.org
Old 11/5/05, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've found that the easiest and fastest way is to use Armor All's Gels System

I bought the pack and tried it out and it couldn't be easier or faster- It's what I use when I have other things to do. Does a standup job too. You're washed, dried, and waxed in no time