The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Car Care (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f659/)
-   -   Tuxedo Black Fusion detail (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f659/tuxedo-black-fusion-detail-530161/)

mcate 5/4/14 08:16 PM

Tuxedo Black Fusion detail

3 Attachment(s)
Bought this '12 Fusion Sport in March from my youngest son, who never acquired my love for detailing. Swirls weren't a big issue, though, because he rarely washed the car either. But anyhow, I clayed the car & went over it with Poorboy's SSR2. I then polished it with Menzerna SF4000 (Man, I'm really starting to love that stuff!), then gave it a coat of Menzerna Power Lock, & topped it off with a coat of Menzerna Color Lock. Tuxedo Black, when properly detailed, is a gorgeous color on a sunny day!

GrnT 5/4/14 08:47 PM

Your son is lucky in many ways. Nice job, it looks awesome.

MarcHarris 5/5/14 08:26 AM

Looks really good, and you're right: the color does look nice on a sunny day. Tons of flake.

How is it possible your son not only doesn't detail his car, but never washes it? I guess sometimes the apple DOES fall far from the tree... then rolls several hundred feet down the hill... then gets carried a few miles by animals.

mcate 5/5/14 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MarcHarris (Post 6799418)
Looks really good, and you're right: the color does look nice on a sunny day. Tons of flake.

How is it possible your son not only doesn't detail his car, but never washes it? I guess sometimes the apple DOES fall far from the tree... then rolls several hundred feet down the hill... then gets carried a few miles by animals.

He's a Naval Officer, Marc. That ought to explain it! lol

FordService 5/6/14 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mcate (Post 6799258)
Bought this '12 Fusion Sport in March from my youngest son, who never acquired my love for detailing. Swirls weren't a big issue, though, because he rarely washed the car either. But anyhow, I clayed the car & went over it with Poorboy's SSR2. I then polished it with Menzerna SF4000 (Man, I'm really starting to love that stuff!), then gave it a coat of Menzerna Power Lock, & topped it off with a coat of Menzerna Color Lock. Tuxedo Black, when properly detailed, is a gorgeous color on a sunny day!

That’s one nice looking Fusion, mcate! :nice:

Deysha

mcate 5/6/14 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by FordService (Post 6799857)
That’s one nice looking Fusion, mcate! :nice:

Deysha

Thanx!

MDkid92 5/6/14 12:34 PM

Car looks great! I need someone to detail mine for me, just like this lol!

mcate 5/6/14 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92 (Post 6799959)
Car looks great! I need someone to detail mine for me, just like this lol!

I don't do house calls (yet) but if Indiana isn't out of your way too much then bring it on over!

MDkid92 5/6/14 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by mcate (Post 6800046)
I don't do house calls (yet) but if Indiana isn't out of your way too much then bring it on over!

just a little ways away from Maryland, but thanks haha!

Paris MkVI 5/7/14 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by MarcHarris (Post 6799418)
How is it possible your son not only doesn't detail his car, but never washes it?

According to Fifth Gear show bumper statistics, 18% of vehicle owners never wash their car or truck. Go figure!

Plim 5/14/14 09:14 PM

My prior 2011 Edge was Tuxedo black. I loved the color in the sun so much, our current 2013 Edge is also Tuxedo black!
good job on the detailing ! I wished my son would like cars, only half of how I love them. But unfortunately, his love for cars is not even close to half of how I love cars. This means I can totally relate to you! I have to do all the detailing myself :-)

FordService 5/16/14 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by mcate (Post 6799879)
Thanx!

You're welcome! :D

Deysha

laserred38 5/16/14 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Plim (Post 6803267)
My prior 2011 Edge was Tuxedo black. I loved the color in the sun so much, our current 2013 Edge is also Tuxedo black! good job on the detailing ! I wished my son would like cars, only half of how I love them. But unfortunately, his love for cars is not even close to half of how I love cars. This means I can totally relate to you! I have to do all the detailing myself :-)

I love cars twice as much as my dad and I blame him for my disease. He takes no responsibility for it though :shame: If my son (almost 3 months lol) doesn't love cars even as much as I do, I will disown him :lol:

I'm working on that already though...:grin:

Plim 5/16/14 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6803838)
I love cars twice as much as my dad and I blame him for my disease. He takes no responsibility for it though :shame: If my son (almost 3 months lol) doesn't love cars even as much as I do, I will disown him :lol: I'm working on that already though...:grin:

He is cute!

mcate 5/16/14 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6803838)
I love cars twice as much as my dad and I blame him for my disease. He takes no responsibility for it though :shame: If my son (almost 3 months lol) doesn't love cars even as much as I do, I will disown him :lol:

I'm working on that already though...:grin:

I'd say you're getting a good start!

Stevedotmil 5/18/14 01:00 PM

That color looks great in the sun for sure. Nice job.

mcate 5/19/14 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil (Post 6804707)
That color looks great in the sun for sure. Nice job.

Thanx!

DaGonz 5/19/14 08:31 PM

That paint looks deep enough to dive into!

mcate 5/20/14 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DaGonz (Post 6805240)
That paint looks deep enough to dive into!

Thanx! This year I've decided to put more of my attention into polishing than I used to. I still use my trusty Poorboy's swirl removers, but I'm trying to branch out & try different polishes. I've tried 3D/HD & Menzerna SF4000, & really like them both. Also, a buddy turned me on to the Menzerna Power Lock sealant, & it just flat-out blows me away. I've never felt such slickness from a sealant. And I've always liked layering carnauba over sealant for added depth & protection. The Menzerna Color Lock carnauba wax is impressing me quite a bit so far. I did the full Menzerna treatment on the Cobalt below, & the owner loved it. I enjoy trying new stuff. This has been a fun detailing season!