The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Car Care (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f659/)
-   -   New shoes, clay bar, Meguires 3 step - 4 hrs later (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f659/new-shoes-clay-bar-meguires-3-step-4-hrs-later-408866/)

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 08:53 AM

Yesterday was a long but satisfying day. The hubby and I washed my girl, did the clay bar thing, then Mequires three step process. All I can say is .........OMG! I think she looks better than the day I brought her home! I've never used a clay bar before.....that thing is amazing! Then add the Mequires three step and all we could do when we were done was stand back and stare at her! I think the neighbors think we're absolutely nuts. The whole process took about 4 hours from start to finish. I'm sore in places I didn't even know I had......but it was worth it!

I thought I'd share some pictures of the results. Which also gives me a chance to share her new shoes too! We just got 17x9 Chrome Bullitts from Mustang Tuning and BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 255/50/17 tires. The bullitts came with cobra center caps and I wanted the ponys. Kevin (05stangkc) got me the right pony center caps ( the 05 center caps don't fit the replica bullitts) and now she looks perfect!!!!

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 08:56 AM

A couple more......

Grim 5/16/05 08:57 AM

She's looking B E A utiful! :nice:

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 09:00 AM

Last ones....... :-D By the way, that is my hubby in the reflection!

ISELLFORD 5/16/05 09:02 AM

Originally posted by jerseygirl@May 16, 2005, 9:03 AM
Last ones....... :-D By the way, that is my hubby in the reflection!

Car looks GREAT! You can come over any time and do mine [if it ever shows up]

smitty 5/16/05 09:13 AM

Wow! That's some shine. I like the chrome bullits with the redfire. Looking great. :drool:

05redfiregt 5/16/05 09:16 AM

Looks fantastic!!! :nice:

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 09:19 AM

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with the bullitts. I was going to wait for the 18" to come out but I think the 17" look great after all.

Hey Ed, let us know when you get your car......we're pros at this now :-D

jwenger 5/16/05 09:59 AM

Nice Job Cathy, was the clay bar hard to use?? I never used one before just waxed with NXT one time (I'm lazy) Rims are a good addition too! But did the clay bar process take a long time?

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 10:13 AM

Originally posted by jwenger@May 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
Nice Job Cathy, was the clay bar hard to use?? I never used one before just waxed with NXT one time (I'm lazy) Rims are a good addition too! But did the clay bar process take a long time?

Jerry, No actually the clay bar was the easy part. You just spray the lubricant on the car that comes with the kit and rub the clay on it until it feels smooth. Then just wipe the excess lubricant off with a soft terry cloth towel. You do small 3x3 sections at a time. It takes off everything and leaves the paint feeling as smooth as a babies bottom :-D I couldn't believe the difference when we were done! Try it.

outdoorstom 5/16/05 03:13 PM

Great job!!! :nice: I thought you had a murel of some guy painted on your car before I read it's your hubby! :jester:

wjones14 5/16/05 03:24 PM

That car looks incredible, especially with those chrome bullitts! :nice:

I have always used Meguiars products, and love them. But I have to say that their new NXT Tech Wax is a LOT easier to apply and remove than the old 3-step process, and the results are just as good, if not better! Give it a try and see what you think...

Going_Gray 5/16/05 03:30 PM

Awesome! I really like your choice of wheels too. :drool:

38special 5/16/05 03:45 PM

I guess her hubby took time off the set of American Chopper, to do some honey do work. :jester:

hunter 5/16/05 06:17 PM

Nice looking ride. Where did you get the black out panel ?

jerseygirl12 5/16/05 06:36 PM

Originally posted by hunter@May 16, 2005, 6:20 PM
Nice looking ride. Where did you get the black out panel ?

I got the black out panel on ebay. The sellers ID is vvin. Here is a link to a current auction running for the panel:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

It was a very easy install with good instructions.

Mr. 'Stangster 5/16/05 07:34 PM

The shine and reflections are amazing ! What a killer job !

AJC 5/16/05 07:56 PM

NICE good job :nice:

On my next sunny weekend I am also planning on the clay bar treatment and meguires....!

LOOKS GOOD!

XtangGT 5/16/05 07:59 PM

I have to say D...a...m.....Woot!!! Great job!! :nice:

I'm looking at doing that this weekend.
Hope I get the same results.
She needs bath tomorrow though. :D

97svtgoin05gt 5/16/05 08:20 PM

Nice job Cathy. Where in NJ? I'm a neighbor.