Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Mustang car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/05, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have a cover for their 2005 fastback yet? I am looking for one that has a drawstring around the bottom or the like to allow the car to be covered up during thoes hail storms. That aluminum hood doesent look like it would take hail too well! Any one?
Old 6/1/05, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I picked up one from . . . . . http://www.calcarcover.com

Got the Superweave. It has mirror pockets, grommets for a cable lock and tie down loops. It probably won't need to be secured since it fits so snug.

I like it and give it a
Old 6/1/05, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought one from my dealer (at a good price), and am very happy with it. Fits well, and is nice and thick. I like the Mustang name on the front, and the clear plastic opening for the rear licence plate.
Old 6/1/05, 12:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought mine from 05stangkc. Nice guy and easy to work with. Cover fits great and I'm happy.
Old 6/1/05, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I got the one from Ford accessories. It's a little pricey, but it fits like a glove. Has pony on front, MUSTANG lettering on back, clear tag cover, grommets for tie down, mirror pockets, and hole for antenna. Very easy on and off.
Old 6/1/05, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Bookman Posted Today, 02:16 PM
I bought mine from 05stangkc. Nice guy and easy to work with. Cover fits great and I'm happy.
Same here. Kevin is great to work with and his prices are excellent. My cover came with cables and a lock for securing it. Not to mention the goodies he throws in too!
Old 6/1/05, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I got a CoverCraft WeatherShield cover for mine. It is awesome!

My GT is a convertible and the cover is designed for a coupe, but it still fits like a glove. It has mirror pockets and grommets for cable and lock. It has elastic at each end. It even has the antenna grommet as optional. It comes with it and you put it on yourself if you want it (which I did, but a lot of people don't).

What makes it awesome though is that it works so well. Water sheds right off. The UV blocking and sun blocking seem to be amazing. I park my car in an outside lot all day at work. I can go out to the car at 2:00 in the afternoon (after 6 hours of sun) and the car is not hot inside. It's good stuff.
Old 6/1/05, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by moze@June 1, 2005, 1:10 PM

My GT is a convertible and the cover is designed for a coupe, but it still fits like a glove. It has mirror pockets and grommets for cable and lock. It has elastic at each end. It even has the antenna grommet as optional. It comes with it and you put it on yourself if you want it (which I did, but a lot of people don't).

What makes it awesome though is that it works so well. Water sheds right off. The UV blocking and sun blocking seem to be amazing. I park my car in an outside lot all day at work. I can go out to the car at 2:00 in the afternoon (after 6 hours of sun) and the car is not hot inside. It's good stuff.
Did you get the Ford Accessories catalog Weathershield cover or did you get somewhere else? How much did you spend on it? I have been trying to decide between the WeatherShield and the NOAH.
Old 6/1/05, 09:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by moze@June 1, 2005, 12:10 PM

Fastball25 I went to that site and ordered a cover for my vert. Thanks for the recommend.
Old 6/2/05, 12:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by fastball25@June 1, 2005, 1:38 PM
Did you get the Ford Accessories catalog Weathershield cover or did you get somewhere else? How much did you spend on it? I have been trying to decide between the WeatherShield and the NOAH.
I went with the WeatherShield, but I didn't get the one through Ford. That's just because I didn't know it was a CoverCraft at the time. If you go to this page on AutoAnything, they have a summary of the different covers. I didn't go for the WeatherShield HD or the Sunbrella Extreme (which wasn't available at the time) - I live in SoCal, so the sun isn't as intense as Arizona (for example) and we don't get tons of rain or snow.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the NOAH. A friend of mine has a NOAH and the thing I didn't like was that, because it's fuzzy on both sides, dirt off the ground sticks to it and if it does get wet, it's wet. But, as far as protection goes, he's happy with it.