Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Ice products

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/08, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ice products

Couple of questions --
Which is better? The Ice paste or liquid wax.

How good is the Ice liquid clay bar?
Old 1/6/08, 12:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
Couple of questions --
Which is better? The Ice paste or liquid wax.

How good is the Ice liquid clay bar?
As in Turtle Wax Ice? I've only used the liquid. Two nice things about Ice are that it is sun friendly and doesn't mess up textured plastice around the windows. Things I didn't like are that it was hard to tell where it was applied, and when it was ready to be wiped off. And it "sweated", for lack of a better word. That is, the day following the application it was really hot, and the Ice sort of melted... looked like someone had sprayed water on the car.

Liquid clay bar? sounds interesting
Old 1/6/08, 07:51 AM
GT Member

I tried the paste and will NEVER use it again. It was horrible to get off and left weird greasy look on the car .I ended up going over the entire car again with the spray detailer to get everything cleaned up. I threw it away that day after spending almost $20 bucks on the crap.
Old 1/6/08, 07:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ren I ended up going over the entire car again with the spray detailer to get everything cleaned up.
[/QUOTE
thats the way your suppose to remove it, it really works good on a black car, which I dont have anymore, but made it really look deep, as far as the liquid clay, I would think the standard clay would work the best, if you think of what the clay does, grab the particles away from the paint, jmo
Old 1/6/08, 08:21 AM

I use Ice liquid on my ride to avoid swirl marks.
I also noticed it ran in really hot weather but was no problem to wipe smooth.
I like Ice especially for a new car finish.
Old 1/6/08, 08:22 AM
GT Member

They suggest that IF you have trouble removing it, if I read it right? I've used paste's before and that's the first time I've had to go over anything with a detailer to make the car look right and guaranteed to be the last. What gives with the greasy look it left. I may have had bad batch, just was'nt impressed.
Old 1/23/08, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

I used the liquid clay on my jeep, and was impressed with the way it worked, it removed the light surface scratches and smoothed out the paint, and easier to use than the actual clay
Old 1/26/08, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by omendez
I used the liquid clay on my jeep, and was impressed with the way it worked, it removed the light surface scratches and smoothed out the paint, and easier to use than the actual clay
Thanks for the clay input.

Is the offer at the following link a good deal for ice products?

www.icepolish.com
Old 1/26/08, 11:14 PM
Cobra R Member

You could just go to any auto store or Wal Mart if you really want to buy this stuff.
Old 1/27/08, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kh765
You could just go to any auto store or Wal Mart if you really want to buy this stuff.
I'm asking if it's a good deal, price wise. I could go to any Ford dealer and buy a Mustang, but some dealers will make it easier on my wallet.
Old 1/28/08, 01:56 PM
Cobra R Member

If you think you would use all of the stuff included, then it's a good price compared to what the stores charge as long as shipping isn't ridiculous.
Old 1/28/08, 04:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by omendez
+1 on the liquid clay. It removed the old wax and was easy to use. I have the Ice paste. It was good in the sun and on plastic, but, was alot of work, moreso than Mother's or Megs. Also, you MUST use the detail spray and microfiber cloth, otherwise it will take you untold hours to get the shine where you want it. Not a big deal, just more steps. I also noticed that there was a curing time. It looked better after a couple of hours. And yes, the online deal is better than what I paid at Autozone.

My next experiment will be w/Megs NXT. We'll see how that works.