Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

GTechnique my 03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/15, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GTechnique my 03 GT

Hi guys -
As some of you read in previous posts, my pristine 01 GT was rear ended last month and declared totaled. To that, I did purchase a new-for-me 03 GT nearly identical right down to the dashboard squeaks. In order to set it up for the future and beyond, I dealt with a group out of Danbury CT called Gotham Auto who do auto detailing and tinting and offered me a sealent on the new car called GTechnique - it literally puts a sheet of glass over your car and there is no need for waxing for 5 yrs. Holy ****. So ok - lets roll the dice. Here is how the vehicle turned out - not one swirl mark - not one buff burn - really a glass like finish on a 12yr old car.
Attached Thumbnails GTechnique my 03 GT-03-mustang-final-front-left.jpg   GTechnique my 03 GT-03-mustang-final-rear.jpg   GTechnique my 03 GT-2015-09-09-19.29.49.jpg   GTechnique my 03 GT-2015-09-09-16.44.10.jpg   GTechnique my 03 GT-2015-09-09-19.30.03.jpg  

Old 9/22/15, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks great! Have any pics of it in the sun? I'm curious as to how long it will continue to look like that, doesn't seem possible that you could go that long and still have great looking paint and adequate protection.
Old 9/22/15, 01:04 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
That looks awesome! Is it something you can do yourself or have to pay to have done?

If it has to be done by a detailer, how much to they charge, if you don't mind me asking.
Old 9/22/15, 01:40 PM
FR500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GTechnique my 03 GT

You could do the process yourself but you must be very precise and be in the cleanest environment you can get in to avoid any contaminants getting in the stuff while its curing or else it's stuck there. GTechnique makes some awesome (pricy) stuff. I'm not sure about the 5 year claim but it does hold up very well against some harsh stuff.

Btw looks great OP! Makes me miss my black 02. Probably overkill but I did a full detail job every weekend from dawn soap to strip waxes and such, wash again, clay, Polish, seal then wax. Even wheels got the same treatment. That was my pride and joy. Bought it for 10k but when it got hit and totaled my insurance cut me a check for 12 cuz it was in such good condition even though I added about 32k to the odo
Old 9/25/15, 11:49 AM

Thanks fellas - yes I paid Gotham Auto Works in Danbury CT to do it. I dont think i could have done it myself as one person mentioned, you do have to have a clean and calm environment to apply the coat to. They did this in their shop w closed doors etc. Weird thing is the stuff came out of a nail polish bottle like container and applied it by cotton swab. Nevertheless, hard to argue w results. Black is really hard to maintain but at least this helps me do that. BTW I washed it myself last week and the soap from Meguirs literally fell off the car - it was pretty funny to watch happen. Thats how good this stuff is.
Old 9/25/15, 11:59 AM
GT Member

Looks great...straight-out-of-the-showroom nice!
Old 9/26/15, 01:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Noilly Pratt
Looks great...straight-out-of-the-showroom nice!
Looks great. Must have cost a mint but if it holds up like this..worth it
Old 9/30/15, 06:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What did they charge you? A member of my Mustang club had his Shelby done with CQuartz UK, it cost him $1400.
Old 10/12/15, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by DaGonz
What did they charge you? A member of my Mustang club had his Shelby done with CQuartz UK, it cost him $1400.
The car was very clean when i brought it to him. So this was an exception to what he charged me - even the interior was pristine. So it was $500 USD plus tax out the door - included what you see here, interior rug steam and engine detail clean up. Really a good deal IMO