Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Chrome Rally Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/04, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are some suggestions on taking care of these?

I've heard to use everything from glass wax to just regular Windex.

('65 version is what I have: 15"x7", no trim ring... the '67 version only came in 14"x5.5" as far as I can remember and I wanted them slightly larger, and it included a trim ring which I didn't care for much B) )
Old 2/24/04, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO simply wash them with whatyever you wash you car with, If that wont do the trick Purple Power works great on built up dirt IMO and is cheaper by far than a lot of more "specific" cleaners. Make sure your wife or girlfriend doesn't steal your stash if you get some (trust me, she will...stuff cleans anything)

After that I am a huge believer in Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Than put a nice coat of wax on it...actually several nice thin coats.This worked really well on my 73 Mach-1's Keystone Classics and they still looked brand new when I sold her four years after buying them.
Old 2/24/04, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by jsaylor@Feb. 24th, 2004, 7:48 PM
Make sure your wife or girlfriend doesn't steal your stash if you get some (trust me, she will...stuff cleans anything)
THANKS for the great tips jsaylor! I'll definitely try 'em out next time I clean my Stang.

And I'll be sure to keep an eye on the lady!
Old 2/24/04, 10:34 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by jsaylor@Feb. 24th, 2004, 7:48 PM
IMO simply wash them with whatyever you wash you car with, If that wont do the trick Purple Power works great on built up dirt IMO and is cheaper by far than a lot of more "specific" cleaners. Make sure your wife or girlfriend doesn't steal your stash if you get some (trust me, she will...stuff cleans anything)

After that I am a huge believer in Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Than put a nice coat of wax on it...actually several nice thin coats.This worked really well on my 73 Mach-1's Keystone Classics and they still looked brand new when I sold her four years after buying them.
I agree with Jsaylor on this.. except instead of trying the purple power, go with simple green and just like purple power, keep it hidden from the wife... the stuff is good! (a friend let it set sideways in his car one day and it ended up eating through some of the plastic that it normally doesnt have constant contact to.... ruined 40+ cd's, leather seats, carpet... its good stuff on engines to! :shock:
Old 3/4/04, 02:35 AM

Thanks, guys