Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Car care newbie questions!

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/11, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all! I've been doing some reading on here and autopia.com and have some questions. I feel like autopia is overwhelming haha! Can anyone give me a good list of beginner products? Right now I have or have ordered a few items:
Grit guards
Lambswool MIT
Turtlewax Ice Car wash (I like it)
Cobra MF drying towels
Meguirs MF detailing towels
Mothers Clay bar kit
Now my question is I have seen people using sealants, polishes and waxes. Should you use all these? Or just on occasion? I'm used to washing and waxing lol I have a '07 Vista Blue stang, and I love the deep wet look on blue =) I was leaning towards Duragloss Aquawax and Performance polish, but am up for anything! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Blue_Ponygrl88; 4/17/11 at 02:42 PM.
Old 4/17/11, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Ask 5 detailers what brand to use & you'll most likely get 5 answers. I use nothing but Poorboy's World products on my cars, & the ones I detail for friends/customers.
Claying & polishing are part of preparing the paint, whereas sealants & waxes are more for protecting the paint. Sealants last longer than carnauba wax. I like to use a sealant, then layer wax on top of it. I just finished detailing this vista blue 07 for a friend of mine this afternoon. I clayed it, polished with Poorboy's SSR1 swirl remover, applied a coat of Black Hole glaze, & a coat of EX Sealant with Carnauba. Then the 1st coat of Natty's Blue wax, with a couple more to come before he picks it up Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails Car care newbie questions!-dsc_0947.jpg   Car care newbie questions!-dsc_0960.jpg  
Old 4/17/11, 08:37 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im old fashion and only use McGuires products on my vehicles. I really dont use the clay bar thing just a simple cleaner wax then polish afterwards by hand. The outcome that I alwasy get is a nice and smooth finish with a deep shine. But then again like I said I am old fashion.
Old 4/17/11, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im one of those guys whonwill swear by a product called croftgate usa. They got a website and many youtube videos on youtube. Amazing results, can use it anywhere amd anytime, and can really save you money in the long run compared to buyin stuff like poorbous, zaino and the like. Saves SOO much time too. I used to use poorboy and zaino products all the time after washin her at the local car wash. At least 5 hours prolly more. Ever since i switched to croftgate ive gotten numerous compliments, requests to wash/detail, and i save so much time. Shortened down to about an hour long job. Anyway just check out their site and order the sample pack, you wont be dissapointed.

www.croftgateusa.com