Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

'94 Convertible Leak

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/21, 10:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'94 Convertible Leak

I have a "94 GT convertible that has a hydraulic leaksomewhere behind the RH side seat panel. Is this easy to repair or should I take it to a shop?

Old 4/1/21, 08:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Is this easy to repair or should I take it to a shop?

Yes.

Sorry. The better answer is that it may be a simple fitting tightening, or swap, or it could be a line replacement... or it could be anything. Only way to find out is to get in there and find what the leak is. Which may be a good idea so that the shop doesn't charge you the labor to take it apart, just to fix the problem, and you put the interior or whatever you removed back in when you get it home.

Similar example, but not quite, was the line of my fridge what runs the water in it. It *should* have been easy, but wound up not being. Oh, I did it, don't worry, but it was a major fiasco. I'm stubborn, though, so I learned and then figured out and then got it fixed. (Someone had gotten the wrong model solenoids, then figured out how to force them into working, and made things eventually worse. SO fun... People, don't force all the shapes into the square hole, it's wrong and you know it.(1) Grr moment over. )

Such it may be with this problem... but with hydraulic fluid, which is always more fun than water, as we all know.

Me? I'd be silly and bullheaded enough to do it myself. You? Only you can answer that one. And whichever answer you choose, I hope this helped in some way, and good luck!

(1) -

Last edited by houtex; 4/1/21 at 08:05 PM.
Old 4/2/21, 11:37 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welp, I'll let you know. Figured I'd take my best shot.