Europe Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

I'm importing my own 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/04, 05:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

OK...
New Jersey dealer sold me at "list" a 2005 V8 GT Premium Manual Coupe in Redfire metallic with Black & Red Lthr interior and anti-lock and 17" machined alloys and a couple of other options...
so...it's a "loaded" motor....great spec, great colour and one of the first into the UK.
Great !!
List is 27600$..
i reckon by the time i've shipped & paid taxes, etc, etc, etc.....i'll have a fully loaded legally OTR Mustang for a cost to me of approx £21,750.
So - i'm chuffed !
Thought i'd share my smug smile !
Old 10/16/04, 09:44 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome to the site. You'll find lots of good information here, and good people also. Believe me, this is not like stangnet. I have never seen a flame war here.

James is ona 3 day trip to Scotland but you may want to connect with him when he returns. Oh, I think he's jgsmuzzy.
Old 10/21/04, 03:43 PM

B)
Scottie...
i've just noticed your location!
are you an ex-pat or an anglophile or what....?
I've had to join an american forum to discuss 'Stangs 'cos that's v appropriate....
how come you are a very enthusiastic European?
don't get me wrong...i like the dip into other's cultures....makes life a bit more spicy!
Old 11/5/04, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

I think Scottie is really in California... every so often, some of us Yanks will stagger into here looking for a pint

Glad to hear about your new muzzy, I'd love to see some pics of her outside the Texas Embassy by Trafalgar Square... (that is if Cheltanham is close to London [did someone say road trip?])
Old 12/18/04, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

I'm importing one too! I have a GT on order form canada (i want the kmph speedo) and hope to have it here in march. I expect it will cost somewhere around $35000 including taxes and shipping, which is a bargin compared to what dealers ask for it.

There is a huge interest for these cars over here, a dealer in my town has sold 35 GT:s the last two months for $55000-58000! :shock:
Old 12/20/04, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

426H,

Please keep us updated on your import! I'd like to know what you pay for shipping + customs + taxes. Also, what mods need to be done to get it road certified? I figure you need to get side panel turnlights, but are there other things?

I've seen dealers asking up to 400,000 for GTs now, and that's just outrageous. But my calculations on private import always land in the 280-300,000 region.
Old 12/21/04, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by JustAnotherDude@December 20, 2004, 3:42 PM
426H,

Please keep us updated on your import! I'd like to know what you pay for shipping + customs + taxes. Also, what mods need to be done to get it road certified? I figure you need to get side panel turnlights, but are there other things?

I've seen dealers asking up to 400,000 for GTs now, and that's just outrageous. But my calculations on private import always land in the 280-300,000 region.
I have found a dealer who sell me the car for MSRP including shipping to Gothenburg. (Shipping is worth USD 800-1200 depending if you ship roro or container). To bring it into Sweden I will have to pay 10% toll :bang: and on top of that 25% value added tax Then some more small fees for registration etc.
To get it approved in Sweden I will have to add side mounted turn lights as you mentioned, change the front parking lights from orange to white, change the rear turn lights from red to orange (only temporary to get it approved). I also have to stance the VIN somewhere on the chassis. I also need a "sound emmission" certificate, that the vehicle is approved according to EC regulations bla bla bla, which can be obtained form dekra in germany. Another option is to make a sound emission test at "bilprovningen i Strängnäs". :crazy:

Thats about it!
Old 12/27/04, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info! Would you mind sharing what dealer that is? I'm not in the market right now, but probably will be in a not too distant future so it'd be cool if I knew where to look. For reference, I live in Gothenburg.

Doesn't sound like too much of a hassle to "mod" it for certification, I feared it was a lot more. But where do you find different colored lights for rear and front?
Old 12/31/04, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the american miliary sationed near cambridge. I ordered mine for 30,000 american fully loadad with everything. they are building it for me right now and it will be here in april. Bottom line it only cost me like 16,000 pounds, so look around you can get one for less than you think.
Old 1/6/05, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by 426H+December 21, 2004, 9:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (426H @ December 21, 2004, 9:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JustAnotherDude@December 20, 2004, 3:42 PM
426H,

I have found a dealer who sell me the car for MSRP including shipping to Gothenburg. (Shipping is worth USD 800-1200 depending if you ship roro or container). To bring it into Sweden I will have to pay 10% toll :bang: and on top of that 25% value added tax Then some more small fees for registration etc.
To get it approved in Sweden I will have to add side mounted turn lights as you mentioned, change the front parking lights from orange to white, change the rear turn lights from red to orange (only temporary to get it approved). I also have to stance the VIN somewhere on the chassis. I also need a "sound emmission" certificate, that the vehicle is approved according to EC regulations bla bla bla, which can be obtained form dekra in germany. Another option is to make a sound emission test at "bilprovningen i Strängnäs". :crazy:

Thats about it! [/b][/quote]
I've seen that cars are sold in sweden with yellow rear taillights. Has anyone found these as aftermarket item. Or is it possible to order a car from the factory, with the yellow ones mounted?