General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

What's with people on the road these days?

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/05, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night, on my way home. I stopped behind a Chrysler 300C on a red light. But once the light turned green, the Chrysler did nothing. Then, I realized what he was doing: he gunned it on yellow, hoping to get me trapped on red. Fortunately, I was too fast to fall for that trick.

Just wondering, has an incident similar to this happened to you?
Old 9/17/05, 08:37 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's happened to me before... I was about ready to rearend the hineyh01e... but I love my T'bird too much... and hate watersanding... lol
Old 9/18/05, 07:42 AM
Cobra Member

Happened to me and about 2 other cars when some yokal was too busy yackin on the phone to pay attention to the light. He ignored honks from other cars and left at yellow.

But thats the least of my complaints about people on the roads these days. Can't understand why folks will obey the unsaid 6 foot rule when waiting in line for an ATM but they will not respect the 2 car length rule on the freeway and cut into your safety gap. But thats still not the worse, but it's like peeing up wind to complain about it.
Old 9/18/05, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@September 18, 2005, 6:45 AM
Happened to me and about 2 other cars when some yokal was too busy yackin on the phone to pay attention to the light. He ignored honks from other cars and left at yellow.
Yeah, but in my case, the 300C driver didn't even do anything. He saw the green light and he saw me on his rearview mirror. He gunned it on yellow on purpose.
Old 9/23/05, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

*insert choice words for THAT individual here*

Thats just plain dirty...why do that to someone you don't even know? Now, I might do that to a friend just to mess around...but c'mon...
Old 9/23/05, 01:02 PM
V6 Member

I feel your pain, Jeremy.

The other day I was commuting to work on the Northern State Parkway and some raving donkey named jack ahead of me was puttering along doing *40*MPH in the left lane. I couldn't get around her because by the time I realized she wasn't going to go faster or move into the right lane, everyone behind me started cutting me off from behind, swerving around us and nearly crashing into each other in their frustration.

I got so aggravated that I decided to tap my horn. I know that's a breach of highway ettiqette, but I felt justified in the fact that this person was in serious danger of causing an accident. The donkeyclown in front of me not only ignored me, they gave me the finger and made a gesture as if to say "pull around me on the right." WTF!? I then basically sat on the horn for about 3 full minutes while all of the traffic behind us passed on the right, then gunned it and sped off.

Oh man I was so incensed that inconsiderate @#&$-wad, I swear, if I had just a tiny bit less sense, I would have tried to run that idiot right off the road and into the grassy median. Wow was I mad. I don't know how you guys resist the urge to smash and kill sometimes, with the added effect of testosterone. ;-)

--=K
Old 9/23/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, people just don't care when they are on the road, the closed confines of their own car, cut them off from the other world and insulate them from the fact that everyone else hates them... or something.

But my "friend" got even with one not too long ago. He was driving in the left lane and some woman got on his butt. He moved to the right to let her pass, and she moved over to the right and stayed on his butt. He let off the gas so he'd slow down and hopefully she'd get sick of the game and go around him, nope. He figured "alright, you go as fast as you want in the right lane, i'll move to the left lane." She followed into the left lane still on his butt. He gunned it, she gunned it. he slowed, she slowed, still on his butt.

He had had enough, he reached into this ashtray, where he keeps loose change, put his hand full of change out the window, gunned it and let the change fly. My friend who was in the car with my "friend" said all you could hear was ting-ting-ting as the change bounced off her formerly nice, shiney, dent-free new car. He never saw her again.

Moral, don't follow too close to a maroon dodge pickup.
Old 9/24/05, 05:23 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Chrysler 300s are being purchased by police departments. I have seen two in my area. One was black, the other was dark blue. Both were unmarked and had dark tinted windows.
Old 9/24/05, 05:45 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and they wonder why road rage incidents are on the rise..
well with hiney@%es like that all over the place, it's just bound to happen!

the other day while on the freeway driving to work, i was doing 80-100 when a tricked out BMW 850 Alpina shows up in the horizon doing 50-60mph on the left lane..

i flashed the guy from a distance while approaching, he didn't seem to wanna budge, then as i came really close and started slowing down, the idiot flashed his indicators right then left, and let go of the accelerator to descend down to 30mph on the left lane!
not wanting to take any more of his crap, i tried overtaking him over the right side and get it over with, but he swirved right and blocked me!
finally, i overtook him over the left hard shoulder and sped off, only to find a cop car on the far right side who immediately put on his sirens and took off after me.

nothing i said could help me get away from being slapped with a reckless driving ticket.

god only knows what i'd if i see this 850 on the road again :\
Old 9/24/05, 05:47 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol, first brush up with the TMS censor..
nice to see that "A Dollar Dollar = hiney" in here
Old 9/26/05, 07:15 PM
Cobra Member

Louis that stinks, I've been there myself.

I had an incident happen to me about a month ago that I'm still mystified about. I was traveling on a four lane divided hwy near my home when I encountered a tractor trailer in the left lane running less than the posted speed limit of 55 mph. I switched to the right lane using my signal to pass. I had just barely cleared the front of the truck when he suddenly swerved into the right lane! I glanced back in the mirror and saw him gesturing wildly at me and telling me I was # 1. He then proceeded to speed up in attempt to intimidate me I suppose. At the next red light he is stopped behind me and exited his truck in a very aggressive fashion. I also got out of my car to meet his challenge. He begins swearing at me and telling me how he's going to kick my [censored]. The light changes before anything else develops and people begin blowing their horns, etc. I get back in my car and drive away. I then place a call to his dispatch office and lodge a formal complaint with his supervisor. I don't know if anything happened as a result but I can only hope justice was served. Some people....
Old 9/26/05, 07:55 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 9/27/05, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Here in Phoenix, the tractor trailer rigs speed along at 70 or 75 mph sometimes in the right lane. Nothing like being behind or next to a large truck or gravel truck speeding. Unfortunately, we don't have a law that states trucks have to go 55mph and stay in the right lane on interstates.

I also find that when I drive my Mustang on freeways where the speed limit is 65, and I'm going 65 or 70 and in the lane just to the left of the right hand lane on a freeway that has three or more lanes going one way, people come right up to my rear and tailgate even though they have one or two lanes to my left to pass me. I think it is because the Mustang is a small car. They don't do this when I drive my Yukon.
Old 9/27/05, 06:19 PM
GT Member

That happens all the time. What typically happens is one or more people will start honking. Two things will happen. The guy wont go until its yellow forcing people to wait, or they'll wait it out completely having them, themself, wait at another red, as a punishment for the honking, even if there are several vehicles behind the honker.

Outcomes of this behavior: One of the vehicles in line will get impatient (typically occurs in turning lanes), illegally completes their turn using oncoming traffics lane, or gets into the right lane, and makes a left turn infront of the moron. Sometimes, since the moron sat specifically waiting for the yellow, two vehicles may make a turn at the same time, when truthfully, only one vehicle should go. This is dangerous, and I am guilty of this... ...but I already waited for one light, why should I wait for another? Typically the belief when this action is taken place is that they will go, and the moron will stay.

Another outcome is still related to the belief that "I already waited for one light, why should I have to wait for another" Which means that when the moron leaves at the yellow, several cars will run the red... ...even if its a clear solid red that had been red for several seconds. This however not only effects everyone behind the moron, but all the people who have a green and cant go because of all the red light runners. Suddenly, people who believe that their current position in line guarentees them the ability to cross during that light is endangered, and THOSE people also run red lights believing that they should have gone if it werent for all the red light runners... ...and from there the chain continues...

...all because of ONE MORON. :bang:
Old 9/27/05, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These are the people you follow and let the gear oil out of their rears and the trans fluid out of their trans.
Old 9/29/05, 11:10 PM

I hate people that ride my hiney when i'm going 5-10 mph over the speed limit already on non-highway roads. I could understand if I was going below speed limit, or even at the speed limit as everyone likes to push it a little further but come on.

And when they constantly do it for many many roads following me, I like to let them ride a few inches away like they please, and then randomly in the middle of a road (not urns or anything) i'll just tap my brakes (not stupidly enough so they'd crash into me, but tap it so my brake lights pop up and give them a little "Oh poo" feeling.)

I'm way to worried about getting tickets to bother going 10+ mph over the speed limit unless i'm on the highway, because then I borrow my bud's Valentine One radar detector. (for long trips)
Old 10/5/05, 02:13 PM
GT Member

I hate it when your in the right most lane (slow lane) there is 1 or more lanes left of you with zero cars on it. Youre going 5 over in the slow lane... ...you know that there isnt a possible right turn for miles... ...and the guy behind you tailgates you! WTF? why dont they just pass you?!?

More annoying... ...no matter how fast youre traveling, someone tail gates you when you cant possibly go any faster due to the vehicle INFRONT OF YOU!
Old 10/21/05, 11:27 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Defiant@September 23, 2005, 12:05 PM

I don't know how you guys resist the urge to smash and kill sometimes, with the added effect of testosterone. ;-)

--=K

Way to funny...