What an Idiot I am. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What an Idiot I am.

Old 7/19/17, 11:42 AM   #1
Bullitt Member

What an Idiot I am.

While doing chores in the house 1-1/2 weeks ago, I was barefoot, I stepped on a pet brush (Steel Spikes for long hair) the ensuing pain launched be forward and I landed on my right side, sideways onto a pet stairs thingy the wife has so the pets can get onto the bed. 3 puncture wounds, 4 cracked and bruised ribs and a few lumps. It hurt like hell is an understatement.
I've found out the cracked ribs don't like any kind of G force going around a corner either. Other than pain meds, nothing can be done, I just have to heal up.
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 7/19/17, 11:46 AM   #2
Cobra R Member

I feel your pain my friend. I think we all have a similar story. Hope you heal up soon.
wanted33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wanted33 For This Useful Post:
tourer (7/19/17)
Old 7/19/17, 06:42 PM   #3
GTR Member

My fiancé broke her ribs earlier this year and unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than let time heal them.
Mustang Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang Freak For This Useful Post:
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/19/17, 11:19 PM   #4
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

I fell down in a hotel shower and cracked 2 ribs a few years ago. My daughter and I were out of town on a volleyball tournament trip and she took a shower before me and used a whole bottle of conditioner I guess. I stepped in the shower after and down I went. Let out a huge "Oh ****!" and down I went. Buck naked. Bathroom door locked. Landed on the tub apron with my ribs. Lay there for a while with the water running. Didn't know if I could even get up but eventually I had to because you know naked and alone with the daughter in the other room. Daughter said she heard me yell and then a huge thud but didn't know what to do. I said I could have been dead but still better than you coming in.

Took a long time to get back to normal.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/19/17 at 11:20 PM.
2k7gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2k7gtcs For This Useful Post:
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/20/17, 07:02 AM   #5
Post *****

Duct tape will fix you right up.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/20/17, 10:13 AM   #6
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Duct tape will fix you right up.
Funny! But I did think of that myself also.
Old 7/20/17, 10:15 AM   #7
Bullitt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
I fell down in a hotel shower and cracked 2 ribs a few years ago. My daughter and I were out of town on a volleyball tournament trip and she took a shower before me and used a whole bottle of conditioner I guess. I stepped in the shower after and down I went. Let out a huge "Oh ****!" and down I went. Buck naked. Bathroom door locked. Landed on the tub apron with my ribs. Lay there for a while with the water running. Didn't know if I could even get up but eventually I had to because you know naked and alone with the daughter in the other room. Daughter said she heard me yell and then a huge thud but didn't know what to do. I said I could have been dead but still better than you coming in.

I figure I won't be doing any drag racing any time soon.
Old 7/20/17, 09:15 PM   #8
Super Boss Lawman Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanted33 View Post
I feel your pain my friend. I think we all have a similar story. Hope you heal up soon.
I don't, I tend to look where I'm walking since the 2 evil Siamese furry things in the house will occasionally leave "gifts" in lovely places, and I hate stepping on squishy crap and dragging it all over the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post

My wife used to use some slippery-residue-leaving something, I stepped in there once and apparently I *****ed about it enough that she either doesn't use it anymore or she cleans after herself much better, cuz we don't have that conversation anymore "YOU trying to kill me???"
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gabe For This Useful Post:
tourer (7/28/17)