General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

What an Idiot I am.

Old 7/19/17, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
What an Idiot I am.

While doing chores in the house 1-1/2 weeks ago, I was barefoot, I stepped on a pet brush (Steel Spikes for long hair) the ensuing pain launched be forward and I landed on my right side, sideways onto a pet stairs thingy the wife has so the pets can get onto the bed. 3 puncture wounds, 4 cracked and bruised ribs and a few lumps. It hurt like hell is an understatement.
I've found out the cracked ribs don't like any kind of G force going around a corner either. Other than pain meds, nothing can be done, I just have to heal up.
Old 7/19/17, 10:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 386 Likes on 283 Posts
I feel your pain my friend. I think we all have a similar story. Hope you heal up soon.
The following users liked this post:
tourer (7/19/17)
Old 7/19/17, 05:42 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,615 Posts
My fiancé broke her ribs earlier this year and unfortunately there isn't much you can do other than let time heal them.
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/19/17, 10:19 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I fell down in a hotel shower and cracked 2 ribs a few years ago. My daughter and I were out of town on a volleyball tournament trip and she took a shower before me and used a whole bottle of conditioner I guess. I stepped in the shower after and down I went. Let out a huge "Oh ****!" and down I went. Buck naked. Bathroom door locked. Landed on the tub apron with my ribs. Lay there for a while with the water running. Didn't know if I could even get up but eventually I had to because you know naked and alone with the daughter in the other room. Daughter said she heard me yell and then a huge thud but didn't know what to do. I said I could have been dead but still better than you coming in.

Took a long time to get back to normal.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 7/19/17 at 10:20 PM.
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/20/17, 06:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Duct tape will fix you right up.
tourer (7/20/17)
Old 7/20/17, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Duct tape will fix you right up.
Funny! But I did think of that myself also.
Old 7/20/17, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I fell down in a hotel shower and cracked 2 ribs a few years ago. My daughter and I were out of town on a volleyball tournament trip and she took a shower before me and used a whole bottle of conditioner I guess. I stepped in the shower after and down I went. Let out a huge "Oh ****!" and down I went. Buck naked. Bathroom door locked. Landed on the tub apron with my ribs. Lay there for a while with the water running. Didn't know if I could even get up but eventually I had to because you know naked and alone with the daughter in the other room. Daughter said she heard me yell and then a huge thud but didn't know what to do. I said I could have been dead but still better than you coming in.

I figure I won't be doing any drag racing any time soon.
Old 7/20/17, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
I feel your pain my friend. I think we all have a similar story. Hope you heal up soon.
I don't, I tend to look where I'm walking since the 2 evil Siamese furry things in the house will occasionally leave "gifts" in lovely places, and I hate stepping on squishy crap and dragging it all over the house.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

My wife used to use some slippery-residue-leaving something, I stepped in there once and apparently I *****ed about it enough that she either doesn't use it anymore or she cleans after herself much better, cuz we don't have that conversation anymore "YOU trying to kill me???"
tourer (7/28/17)

Search this Thread