Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 5/25/18, 08:28 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Another errand, another bit of exercise for my legs.

Gabe - I haven't driven Marilyn in about a week or so. I feel guilty, since I'm spending my time with another lady.

Your car is looking great as always!!!
Old 5/25/18, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Thanks Burton. Planning on going to a car show later today, hopefully the wife will be able to come with me in her Shelby.
Her car is starting to have a problem with the driver seat not wanting to power forward, the switch is being *****y and it's about $100 for a new one.
Sucks, but at least I'm pretty sure it's just the switch and not the motors or the seat track.
Old 5/25/18, 09:20 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Drove it!!!
Took it to the bank this morning. Killer weather, about 70 degrees and sunny out. Car felt and sounded so good. Lots of gurgles and pops today. lol
Old 5/25/18, 03:54 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Drove it!!!
Took it to the bank this morning. Killer weather, about 70 degrees and sunny out. Car felt and sounded so good. Lots of gurgles and pops today. lol
Way to go Tony so did I! I was sideways out of the parking lot leaving work today.
Old 5/25/18, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Stopped in to grab Ice cream down the street.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-photo37.jpg  
Old 5/26/18, 04:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Installed some new-used 18x10 AMR's with Goodyear 285/40/18 front tires and some 305/40/18 Nitto NT555R's on the rear.
Small 4-5mm spacer on the front.
No centercaps because they're the world's ugliest caps (the chrome 'AMERICAN MUSCLE" ones) and I plan on doing something to them to get rid of the chrome and maybe even of the wording.
Had a small issue on one front wheel, it took so much weight that the shop put 2 rows of 5 weights next to each other (side-by-side) and the inner row was touching the caliper. Had to remove those 5 weights, remove the tape off the back, add new 3M double-sided tape and stick them on top of the first row of weights. Hope they stay there. If not, I may have them break down the tire, rotate it on the rim and try a better balance with less weights.

Sure enough, the Nittos run a little narrow, the Goodyears run a little wide
285 GY's and 305 Nittos:

Last edited by Gabe; 5/26/18 at 04:58 AM.
Old 5/26/18, 05:04 AM
I Have No Life

Drove it!!!
Tony! Awesome stuff. Did you enjoy your day off? I have Wednesday off next week so I plan to enjoy myself then. Then again I plan to get Wruby Xpel’d!

How many miles did you put on her yesterday?!?!?

Originally Posted by GrnT
Stopped in to grab Ice cream down the street.
Mark! Your beast is still looking fantastic! That model year is still one of the bests! I got the pleasure of seeing her in person!

Installed some new-used 18x10 AMR's with Goodyear 285/40/18 front tires and some 305/40/18 Nitto NT555R's on the rear.
Small 4-5mm spacer on the front.
No centercaps because they're the world's ugliest caps (the chrome 'AMERICAN MUSCLE" ones) and I plan on doing something to them to get rid of the chrome and maybe even of the wording.
Had a small issue on one front wheel, it took so much weight that the shop put 2 rows of 5 weights next to each other (side-by-side) and the inner row was touching the caliper. Had to remove those 5 weights, remove the tape off the back, add new 3M double-sided tape and stick them on top of the first row of weights. Hope they stay there. If not, I may have them break down the tire, rotate it on the rim and try a better balance with less weights.

Sure enough, the Nittos run a little narrow, the Goodyears run a little wide
285 GY's and 305 Nittos:

Gabe, gunmetal looks awesome. I forgot how low yours is.

hey, if you relocated the wheel weights, wouldn’t that render the while setup unbalanced?

also, thanks for reminding me - but I’m planning on getting my MT ET Streets mounted today. They’re 305s just like the Nittos were. Are they also going to run wider than the Nittos?
Old 5/26/18, 05:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Gabe, gunmetal looks awesome. I forgot how low yours is.

hey, if you relocated the wheel weights, wouldn’t that render the while setup unbalanced?

also, thanks for reminding me - but I’m planning on getting my MT ET Streets mounted today. They’re 305s just like the Nittos were. Are they also going to run wider than the Nittos?
Thanks Burton. The weights are in the correct spot so there shouldn't be an issue with balance. It's not usual for the weights to be put side-by-side heading inward, I've seen them many times next to each other heading around the wheel, but not going inward.
I'll know if I screwed up the balance once I get it on the highway, lol.

The 305 MT's will most likely run quite a bit wider than the Nittos.
Actually, I'd love it if you could snag a picture with both tires unmounted on the ground like I did above, it really shows how much wider one is than the other.
Maybe you can do a pic with them mounted too?

Found a thread just now on another forum where a guy measured a Nitto tire that Nitto spec'd as 12.1" wide and the widest part he measured was 10.5" ..... meanwhile an MT tire spec'd at 12.7" he measured at just over 13".
So Nitto over-states their widths by quite a bit. From what I've seen, Michelin, Goodyear, and MT all run wider than expected.

I'm really thinking you're gonna have a lot of bulge on the 10"-wide wheels ... those MT's really should be on an 11" wheel. Yes they'll fit on a 10", but it's far from ideal.
So that's why I ask for the pics ... can't wait to see how they'll fit.
Considering some for the wife's Shelby, so I really want to see some detailed fitment pics of that setup.
Old 5/26/18, 07:26 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Tony! Awesome stuff. Did you enjoy your day off? I have Wednesday off next week so I plan to enjoy myself then. Then again I plan to get Wruby Xpel’d!
How many miles did you put on her yesterday?!?!?

Burton!!! lol
Yes, vacation day yesterday. FINALLY! I never take any time off, so I decided to take a long weekend.
I think I put on about 20 miles between yesterday and today. (GASP!!! ) I drove it again this morning since I had to get an inspection sticker. Another GORGEOUS morning for a drive.
Good times my friend.
Old 5/26/18, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Back on AMRs huh? Lol

Well, they popped the pumpkin they noticed a bolt inside there did not get loctite when they rebuilt it last year. It slowly worked its way loose and punched a whole in the cover new cover and everything torqued down, with loctite...no charge of course. Could've been much worse!
Old 5/26/18, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Lol yup, for now.
Glad to hear that the car is fixed.
Old 5/26/18, 01:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Glad she's back in action Patrick.
Easy fix.
Old 5/26/18, 03:09 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks Burton. The weights are in the correct spot so there shouldn't be an issue with balance. It's not usual for the weights to be put side-by-side heading inward, I've seen them many times next to each other heading around the wheel, but not going inward.
I'll know if I screwed up the balance once I get it on the highway, lol.

The 305 MT's will most likely run quite a bit wider than the Nittos.
Actually, I'd love it if you could snag a picture with both tires unmounted on the ground like I did above, it really shows how much wider one is than the other.
Maybe you can do a pic with them mounted too?

Found a thread just now on another forum where a guy measured a Nitto tire that Nitto spec'd as 12.1" wide and the widest part he measured was 10.5" ..... meanwhile an MT tire spec'd at 12.7" he measured at just over 13".
So Nitto over-states their widths by quite a bit. From what I've seen, Michelin, Goodyear, and MT all run wider than expected.

I'm really thinking you're gonna have a lot of bulge on the 10"-wide wheels ... those MT's really should be on an 11" wheel. Yes they'll fit on a 10", but it's far from ideal.
So that's why I ask for the pics ... can't wait to see how they'll fit.
Considering some for the wife's Shelby, so I really want to see some detailed fitment pics of that setup.
Gabe - All mounted, and they are AWESOME. Never getting Nittos again, they’re terrible compared to the MTs. I’ll post more about them in my other thread.

As for fit, just like the prior set. No rubbing inside by inner fender or up top. Here’s pics of the clearance. I’ve probably got another 1/2” or more.

Burton!!! lol
Yes, vacation day yesterday. FINALLY! I never take any time off, so I decided to take a long weekend.
I think I put on about 20 miles between yesterday and today. (GASP!!! ) I drove it again this morning since I had to get an inspection sticker. Another GORGEOUS morning for a drive.
Good times my friend.
Tony! I drove her to test out her new shoes. Then it got too hot, so she’s parked again . It’s about 90+ degrees. Ugh.
The following 3 users liked this post by FromZto5:
Cavero (5/28/18), Gabe (5/26/18), Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/26/18, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lol yup, for now.
Glad to hear that the car is fixed.
Waiting for me to sell my wheels huh...
Old 5/26/18, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Waiting for me to sell my wheels huh...
Nooooooooooo, what makes you say that?
Old 5/27/18, 09:54 AM
I Have No Life

Gabe, did you see my response to your tires/wheels comment above?

Anyways - happy Memorial to you all! Does this count as what I did to my Mustang today? I made her hungry by cooking next to her. I made her watch.

2 St. Louis style racks, with a brine/dry rub for 24 hours, then basted with a mustard/cider based glaze... all at 225 hi smoke for first half hour, then 3 then 6 hours total.

The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/27/18, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yup, thank you, I am a little surprised, although I'd love to see a close-up taken from a slight angle, something that would show bulging, if any.
The top pic you posted shows the tread curving toward the sidewall quite a bit ... Like they really would like a wider wheel to sit on.
Old 5/27/18, 12:07 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Looks good there Burton. We are just having Brats and Burgers here...

Wishing all a great memorial day weekend. Thanks for all of you who have served!

Went out bought Boss to add to my garage. My grandkids are very excited.

You don't know how hard it was to find an S197 power wheels brand new, but I finally found the one I wanted, thanks to Toy-R-Us shutting down.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6699_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6701_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6700_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6702_sc.jpg  

Last edited by shaneyusa; 5/27/18 at 12:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
Sarge (5/27/18), Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/27/18, 01:23 PM
I Have No Life

Yup, thank you, I am a little surprised, although I'd love to see a close-up taken from a slight angle, something that would show bulging, if any.
The top pic you posted shows the tread curving toward the sidewall quite a bit ... Like they really would like a wider wheel to sit on.
Gabe, I agree, the 10.5 or maybe even the 11 wide wheel would work for the MT 305s, but it looks really good on the Milan 10s right now. I don’t think it looks that different from when the Nittos were on there. I think it looks even better, actually. Too thin a tire or too wide a wheel would also increase the chance of curbing.

The grip though... omg the grip. I feel like I added horsepower or torque. Lol.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Looks good there Burton. We are just having Brats and Burgers here...

Wishing all a great memorial day weekend. Thanks for all of you who have served!

Went out bought Boss to add to my garage. My grandkids are very excited.

You don't know how hard it was to find an S197 power wheels brand new, but I finally found the one I wanted, thanks to Toy-R-Us shutting down.
Shane that is awesome!!! Sad about Toys R Us going under, but oh well. We even have a store here that did the same. I bought a video game there since closeout haha! The power wheels is amazing!!! We had a Lightning McQueen for our son too... it was fun when he had it.

Your actual S197 is awesome - we need more pics of that!

oh and here’s the update on the ribs! After 3 hours, then glazing more, then starting the crux!!! Another 2 and 1 more hours.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/27/18 at 01:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (5/30/18)
Old 5/27/18, 04:38 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Awesome Shane with the Boss!
Awesome Burton with the ribs!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?