Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/16, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol ... yeah, if he buys the fluid it'll just end up gathering dust next to that new MGW that's still sitting on the shelf for over 2 years now ... Tony, you should probably just put that up for sale dude ... lol
LOL
Honestly, I'll just give it to the new owner when I sell the car. (Of course, that will be figured into the final car cost.)
I've been thinking of putting it up for sale in October, for sh*ts and giggles. If it sells, terrific! I'll pay off the truck and still have 10K left over. Then, I can save another 5K over the winter months, from December-March/April.
I haven't decided if that is what I am going to do just yet. I'm "anxiously" awaiting the arrival of the new GT500. (I already promised someone we both know first dibs on the car. If he isn't interested any more, I'll go to potential buyer number 2. If those aren't going to go through, then it will be on the interwebs. lol)
***Like I said, I'm still playing it all out in my head for now. I may not do it. (Circumstances can change in an instant.) But, I'll have a brand new truck that's paid off that will last for years and years and have money for something new, hopefully the new GT500. We shall see.
Old 6/30/16, 10:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
LOL
Honestly, I'll just give it to the new owner when I sell the car. (Of course, that will be figured into the final car cost.)
I've been thinking of putting it up for sale in October, for sh*ts and giggles. If it sells, terrific! I'll pay off the truck and still have 10K left over. Then, I can save another 5K over the winter months, from December-March/April.
I haven't decided if that is what I am going to do just yet. I'm "anxiously" awaiting the arrival of the new GT500. (I already promised someone we both know first dibs on the car. If he isn't interested any more, I'll go to potential buyer number 2. If those aren't going to go through, then it will be on the interwebs. lol)
***Like I said, I'm still playing it all out in my head for now. I may not do it. (Circumstances can change in an instant.) But, I'll have a brand new truck that's paid off that will last for years and years and have money for something new, hopefully the new GT500. We shall see.
Whoa whoa whoa SAY WHAT TONY?

You seriously thinking about selling that museum piece??? Why? And why'd you bother trying to pay it off so quick, now that you're only going to sell it? Obviously it won't sell for what you paid for it, so you would lose money and not have enjoyed it as much for those little miles (who am I to talk LOL - I have 14k).

Don't sell dude - not worth it. Then you'll be in another loan. Rush to pay one loan off only to get into another?
Old 6/30/16, 02:52 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Whoa whoa whoa SAY WHAT TONY?
You seriously thinking about selling that museum piece??? Why? And why'd you bother trying to pay it off so quick, now that you're only going to sell it? Obviously it won't sell for what you paid for it, so you would lose money and not have enjoyed it as much for those little miles (who am I to talk LOL - I have 14k).
Don't sell dude - not worth it. Then you'll be in another loan. Rush to pay one loan off only to get into another?
Actually, I will get most of money back. I'm selling for over 40K. (Just do a quick search for 2013/2014 Roush Stage 3 cars out there on Google. They're in the 40's with higher mileage and less desirable colors than mine. Probably not as clean either. lol Remember, I only paid 46k for my car, brand new. Sticker was over 61K.) Besides, I'm already in another loan. The truck loan. Whackadoodle. lol
Like I said in the previous post, it's all in the "planning stage" right now. It may happen, it may not happen. Some factors decide whether it happens or not.
But, for the record, it is a killer car. Turns heads everywhere and absolutely nothing wrong with the car at all. It's a blast to drive. And if I or someone wanted to really turn it up, it would be super easy and super quick. It's a TVS car, which are some of the fastest out there. Some of the greatest tuners around as well, including VMP, Ken Bjonnes and Lund.
Old 6/30/16, 02:57 PM
I Have No Life

Actually, I will get most of money back. I'm selling for over 40K. (Just do a quick search for 2013/2014 Roush Stage 3 cars out there on Google. They're in the 40's with higher mileage and less desirable colors than mine. Probably not as clean either. lol Remember, I only paid 46k for my car, brand new. Sticker was over 61K.) Besides, I'm already in another loan. The truck loan. Whackadoodle. lol
Like I said in the previous post, it's all in the "planning stage" right now. It may happen, it may not happen. Some factors decide whether it happens or not.
But, for the record, it is a killer car. Turns heads everywhere and absolutely nothing wrong with the car at all. It's a blast to drive. And if I or someone wanted to really turn it up, it would be super easy and super quick. It's a TVS car, which are some of the fastest out there. Some of the greatest tuners around as well, including VMP, Ken Bjonnes and Lund.
Ah ok... you got a killer deal to begin with. Good... that will help with resale. So cost-factor/impact aside - why the desire to get rid of her? Just to get into a new Shelby/something new? Am just curious... maybe you're bored of her? hmmm If I didn't already have Marilyn, I'd take it off of you, no questions asked. LOL. I know the state of your car, and other than slightly more miles on my end, I think the way we take care of our cars is similar

Good luck buddy. Make the best decision for you and not for anyone else. What does the wife/family think? I guess I'm assuming you are hitched and with family. I couldn't make a decision without my wifey's blessing
Old 6/30/16, 03:10 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Ah ok... you got a killer deal to begin with. Good... that will help with resale. So cost-factor/impact aside - why the desire to get rid of her? Just to get into a new Shelby/something new? Am just curious... maybe you're bored of her? hmmm If I didn't already have Marilyn, I'd take it off of you, no questions asked. LOL. I know the state of your car, and other than slightly more miles on my end, I think the way we take care of our cars is similar
Good luck buddy. Make the best decision for you and not for anyone else. What does the wife/family think? I guess I'm assuming you are hitched and with family. I couldn't make a decision without my wifey's blessing
Thanks bro! I appreciate it. The only reason I want to get into something new is, honestly, I'm never satisfied. LOL (Aren't we all though ,when it comes to cars?!? lol) If the GT500 is coming out, I will give that a look. That's what I really want anyways. But, obviously, need to see info and specs before placing an order. I WOULD LOVE a GT250R, but if boosted, it needs engine modifications. (I don't need to sell my car, I want that to be known. I may want to sell it.)
No wife, so I answer to no one, but my wallet. LOL Was engaged at one point in my life, but everything happens for a reason, right?
Thanks again bro. Have a good one. Hope you're enjoying your beast of a car!
Old 6/30/16, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Hmmm Tony. You better take good care of my future car.

Last edited by GrnT; 6/30/16 at 03:20 PM.
Old 6/30/16, 03:50 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks bro! I appreciate it. The only reason I want to get into something new is, honestly, I'm never satisfied. LOL (Aren't we all though ,when it comes to cars?!? lol) If the GT500 is coming out, I will give that a look. That's what I really want anyways. But, obviously, need to see info and specs before placing an order. I WOULD LOVE a GT250R, but if boosted, it needs engine modifications. (I don't need to sell my car, I want that to be known. I may want to sell it.)
No wife, so I answer to no one, but my wallet. LOL Was engaged at one point in my life, but everything happens for a reason, right?
Thanks again bro. Have a good one. Hope you're enjoying your beast of a car!
Hana! Said perfectly. No one but you. I like it.

To your other point though, I was going to suggest that but I wasn't sure if it was an option for you financially. If I were you, I would keep her, and then buy a Shelby alongside with it. Obviously, this is the best route to go if you are financially able.

Originally Posted by GrnT
Mark, I think this would be the right route to go for both of you. I might definitely have to drive up to Minnesota more often if you do do this. Tony's car only exists in myths as of now. But if you buy it, then it actually is "real". I'd have to go see it! Haha
Old 7/1/16, 01:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by GrnT
LOL
Let's get it done!!!

Hana! Said perfectly. No one but you. I like it.
To your other point though, I was going to suggest that but I wasn't sure if it was an option for you financially. If I were you, I would keep her, and then buy a Shelby alongside with it. Obviously, this is the best route to go if you are financially able.
Mark, I think this would be the right route to go for both of you. I might definitely have to drive up to Minnesota more often if you do do this. Tony's car only exists in myths as of now. But if you buy it, then it actually is "real". I'd have to go see it! Haha
LOL
Too funny Burton!
Funny you said this about the Shelby. I found a perfect Shelby too. I don't have a 2 car garage for the Shelby if I keep the Roush too, so I would have to pay a storage place, which is more money out of pocket every month. It's not financially sound for me.
Like I said, it's just a pipe dream for now. I'm still thinking it over. I won't be making any moves till October, if I do.
Old 7/1/16, 01:15 PM
I Have No Life

LOL
Let's get it done!!!

LOL
Too funny Burton!
Funny you said this about the Shelby. I found a perfect Shelby too. I don't have a 2 car garage for the Shelby if I keep the Roush too, so I would have to pay a storage place, which is more money out of pocket every month. It's not financially sound for me.
Like I said, it's just a pipe dream for now. I'm still thinking it over. I won't be making any moves till October, if I do.
Tony... just park the truck outside or get a carport or large picnic tent shelter thingies....
Old 7/2/16, 07:43 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Tony... just park the truck outside or get a carport or large picnic tent shelter thingies....
The truck does park outside, unfortunately. The Roush is tucked away in the garage.
Have a great weekend bro! I hope you get to enjoy your Mustang this weekend. We need some updated pics!
Old 7/2/16, 10:49 AM
I Have No Life

The truck does park outside, unfortunately. The Roush is tucked away in the garage.
Have a great weekend bro! I hope you get to enjoy your Mustang this weekend. We need some updated pics!
So you have a 1 car garage?

Funny you mention that as I am out driving around now and taking some new DSLR shots. It's been too long. First weekend home in 2 months since it's been nonstop baseball tourneys with my son!!!!
Old 7/2/16, 10:52 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

So you have a 1 car garage?
Funny you mention that as I am out driving around now and taking some new DSLR shots. It's been too long. First weekend home in 2 months since it's been nonstop baseball tourneys with my son!!!!
Yes, just a lonely 1 car garage. lol I would LOVE to build a man cave garage someday.

Awesome bro. We want some new photos of that killer looking beast.
Old 7/2/16, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Finally installed the adjustable BMR upper control arm and mount that I bought during the last Black Friday sale, about 7 months ago, lol
Set the length as close to the stock one as I could figure it, for now, until I can get the car on a drive-on lift.
Quick test drive, love it.
Didn't expect to feel anything, just wanted to make sure there were no unwanted noises.
Didn't expect the firmer feeling from the rear of the car when accelerating.
Love it.

It's a beefy work of art, especially when compared to the puny factory parts, but even when compared to the Steeda unit I had in there:

Name:  20160702_BMR_UCA-1.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  289.1 KB

It's kind of a shame that it's hidden under the car:

Name:  20160702_BMR_UCA-5.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  224.8 KB

Last edited by Gabe; 7/3/16 at 06:51 AM.
Old 7/3/16, 07:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Couple of days ago we brought this home.
My fiancee's son bought it, we borrowed a trailer from a friend and got the thing home.
'69 Mach 1 shell, needs all kinds of work, but he's psyched to take it on and resto-mod it:

Name:  20160701_69Mach17.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  376.0 KB
Old 7/3/16, 11:41 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Absolutely nothing! I was thinking on Friday at work, I was going to take her out all weekend.
Friday night,...nope! (rain)
Saturday,......nope! (did some cleaning/laundry, went to the gym to do cardio, (no lifting this week, as I take a full week off every 2 months), and cleaned the truck after supper)
Sunday,........nope! LOL (took my mom out for her birthday and going out with friends later)
I still have Monday and Tuesday. So, there's still hope!! (Tuesday is a vacation day. Took an extra long weekend.)
Old 7/3/16, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Installed a lower grille insert, Then gave her a bubble bath, dried her off and put another coat of car polish on her...... she is slick...... LOL
Old 7/3/16, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought Roush quarter window scoops
Old 7/3/16, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Drove buddy, got his name tag on and had a Prius attempt to road rage and brake check me...a PRIUS! Of all things...would have been better if it was a cameo or come thing with a bow tie...but a Prius …
Old 7/3/16, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim74656
Drove buddy, got his name tag on and had a Prius attempt to road rage and brake check me...a PRIUS! Of all things...would have been better if it was a cameo or come thing with a bow tie...but a Prius …
Had that happen to me a couple years ago. A Texas DPS trooper was right behind me and had to slam on his brakes. Lights went on immediately, pulled right around me and right behind the ****ing hippie ***** who showed her ***. I pulled off the side of the road up ahead to wait for the officer to speak to me, and as the **** was screaming at the top of her lungs that I was tailgating her, he waved me on and yelled back, "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE HIM!!!" Last thing I saw...as I gunned my exhaust while pulling back onto the highway...was her flipping me off with both hands (happens to me a lot with prius drivers, as another thread details a similar episode just yesterday involving a mangina and his hurt feelings) and the officer whipping out his cuffs and placing her under arrest. I chuckled.

How do I know she was a hippie? Tie-dye shirt, dreads, **** racing her belly button to her crotch--and winning--and I could smell the mary jane off her from 20 yards away.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 7/3/16 at 08:31 PM.
Old 7/4/16, 06:29 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
'cause it's my mommy's birthday & going for supper
That's cool.
My mom's birthday was yesterday as well.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?