General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

VERY SAD DAY

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/12, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm 60 years old and have always wanted a mustang. After we put our son and daughter thru college and married off 1, it was time to make the purchase. We ordered our stang gt on April 3rd and were told it would be 6-8 weeks. Now we're told it might be built in June and might be delivered in July. I just can't believe it. It's just a stock gt with the 300a package and automatic. That's it. Well I don't trust ford anymore and started looking elsewhere for a car. There are some really nice competitors out there, mostly from the imports that offer style, power, and good deals. While I know they wouldn't be a stang, at least I'd have the car to enjoy. Thanks ford for ruining my lifelong dream. We're so disappointed that we're not even going to tell the dealer. When he calls to tell us it's in, I'll tell him what to do with it. Only thing I'll loose is a hundred bucks.

Last edited by rumblee1; 6/1/12 at 03:51 AM.
Old 6/1/12, 03:56 AM
Cobra Member

I feel your frustrations but id reconsider for sure!! I test drove a 2013 gt and it was AWESOME! id either wait it out or find one at your local dealer. You summed it all up in a nutshell.... You can get another car, BUT IT WONT BE A MUSTANG!! hope everything works out for you.
Old 6/1/12, 04:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Honestly it is all your dealers fault, Ford allocates a certain amount of cars per week for every dealer in the country and your dealer may not have had any allocation yet. I feel your frustration I waited 4 months for a car to arrive at my dealer when they said the same thing. PM Deysha at FordCustomerService she should be able to help you out at least and tell you where your car is in the process.

If I were you I would check with other dealers ad how good their allocation is, I know some people have gotten their cars ordered, built and delivered fairly quickly. Your dealer should have been upfront with you and told you their allocation was small and it would more than likely take awhile to get it.
Old 6/1/12, 04:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Don't give up!!!
Like others said... You can check other dealers!
If you've dreamed of a Mustang, nothing else will do.
Old 6/1/12, 04:27 AM
Cobra Member

It's not just ford trust me when it comes to ordering a car and delays. When i ordered my Subaru Sti years ago i was told the same nonsense. Ordered it in July i was told it would be built and delivered by September. Not.....It wasn't built until October and delivered early November. I waited 4 months to get the car i wanted. I waited 13 weeks for my Honda s2000 to be built and delivered as well. Sorry but when it comes to cars, i am not buying my second or third choice. Trust me your first choice will be worth the wait.
Old 6/1/12, 06:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rumblee1
We ordered our stang gt on April 3rd and were told it would be 6-8 weeks. Now we're told it might be built in June and might be delivered in July. I just can't believe it. It's just a stock gt with the 300a package and automatic. That's it. Well I don't trust ford anymore and started looking elsewhere for a car.
Originally Posted by ford20
Honestly it is all your dealers fault, Ford allocates a certain amount of cars per week for every dealer in the country and your dealer may not have had any allocation yet. I feel your frustration I waited 4 months for a car to arrive at my dealer when they said the same thing. PM Deysha at FordCustomerService she should be able to help you out at least and tell you where your car is in the process.

If I were you I would check with other dealers ad how good their allocation is, I know some people have gotten their cars ordered, built and delivered fairly quickly. Your dealer should have been upfront with you and told you their allocation was small and it would more than likely take awhile to get it.
Thank you for the mention, ford20.

rumblee1, please PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 6/1/12, 11:52 AM

As a retail manager, I can tell you that when a customer pre-orders something from me, I consider that a guaranteed sale. They go to the top of the list. A GUARANTEED SALE For GODS SAKE. I've been visiting car lots from Japan and Korea. They're all stock up. You can go in, cut a deal and leave with a car. I'm close to doing that. And I've got cash. All I can say, is that NOW is the time people are looking for sports cars. Not in November.
Old 6/1/12, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You waited sixty years... what's a few more weeks?
Old 6/1/12, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
What Byron said and I am surprised there isn't one sitting on a lot somewhere like the one you want.
Old 6/1/12, 12:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I was about to type the same................if you've waited all your life for a Mustang, don't give up your dream. Deysha has already offered to help get you information, so take her up on her offer.

Good luck. It will be worth it
Old 6/1/12, 12:15 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
As a retail manager, I can tell you that when a customer pre-orders something from me, I consider that a guaranteed sale. They go to the top of the list. A GUARANTEED SALE For GODS SAKE. I've been visiting car lots from Japan and Korea. They're all stock up. You can go in, cut a deal and leave with a car. I'm close to doing that. And I've got cash. All I can say, is that NOW is the time people are looking for sports cars. Not in November.
Pm Deysha for sure. Our resident Ford angel can work miracles. In Deysha we trust.
Old 6/1/12, 12:33 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
. Well I don't trust ford anymore and started looking elsewhere for a car.
Old 6/1/12, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Rumblee1,

I just took delivery of mine. My dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and it arrived in 5 weeks and 4 days. I guess I was lucky, but I will tell you that it's absolutely worth the wait. First time I ever ordered one. I've been buying what was available on the lot before. I hope you get your car, and soon!
Old 6/1/12, 12:54 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Something smells fishy about this thread.
Old 6/1/12, 01:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
troll thread... its a car not a pair of pants or something off amazon dude.. a extra week or three whats the big deal?? untwist those panties and man up for the love of god. You should go buy something else since they have so much good stuff out there.

Why did you have to roder such a plain jane car? They must have a few thousand on lots that have the setup you ordered. Grown man acting liek you do is a shame.

:removemancard:
Old 6/1/12, 02:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
If it was a true dream you'd suck it up & wait for it. You don't just automatically find your soulmate sometimes youve gotta wait and look, geez
Old 6/1/12, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Waiting for a car to come in is frustrating but unavoidable. As for the idea that imports are available that match the mustang gt, that simply isn't true on a dollar basis. Any car with 400 plus hp is going to cost twice what that plain jane gt costs, if not a lot more.
Old 6/1/12, 03:40 PM

If deysha can help, why not ford customer service. This could also be a ploy to get my info and inform the dealer. Go ahead, call me the devil's advocate. By the way, no one in my area has a 2013, automatic gt in deep impact blue. A couple said they could located one but when they go online, they never find one. Checked with 14 dealers.
Old 6/1/12, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Inform the dealer of what? you are a nervous nelly. The other makes may have stuff on the lot but it isn't a mustang. It isn't your so called dream car so in the end are you going to be happy. If you gott the itch to sctratch that bad you could have searched well be beyond your area and even shipped one ( it isn't that costly).

Deysha isn't about to do you wrong but I'm thinking a new Camaro might be a better choice, plenty of those kicking around.
Old 6/1/12, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by skunk21
I'm thinking a new Camaro might be a better choice, plenty of those kicking around.
oh burn lol

Quick Reply: VERY SAD DAY