General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Types of Mustang Drivers and the "Wave"

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/13, 04:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I never noticed the wave until I started getting them. Wave, smile, and make someone's day. The world needs more kindness.
Old 7/7/13, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Not directly related to this thread, but I started a game with my wife and two girls (8 and 5) to call out Mustangs whenever we're in the car together. It does me proud that my kids can call out just about any model year mustang. Next will be to teach them the model year ranges,how to spot a v6 vs v8, etc.
Old 7/7/13, 05:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cmac72
Not directly related to this thread, but I started a game with my wife and two girls (8 and 5) to call out Mustangs whenever we're in the car together. It does me proud that my kids can call out just about any model year mustang. Next will be to teach them the model year ranges,how to spot a v6 vs v8, etc.
I do that every day.
Old 7/7/13, 05:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I did it for years before I finally got mine and now I've got all of my family doing it. I trained them well.
Old 7/7/13, 08:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I did it for years before I finally got mine and now I've got all of my family doing it. I trained them well.
me and my brothers-in-law are the only ones that do it, my sisters just say " how do you guys know that ( we will call out make, model, and trim level if we get a good enough look)"
Old 7/7/13, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My hubby was making fun of us "Mustang owners" the other day. I had 3 Mustangs wave at us and he's like, all Mustang owners are the same, they see one and they have to stare it down, something's wrong with y'all. Lol. I told him don't be hatin cause Chevy owners are douchebags :P lol
Old 7/7/13, 10:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Same here my daughters know their Mustangs. They are always pointing them out and rating them!
Old 7/9/13, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

My wife is the same way now. She knew absolutely nothing about cars before we were together, now she can pretty much pick out all the different Mustang types and also most exotic cars too.
Old 7/9/13, 06:07 PM

I am 59. I have driven Mustangs all my life. I wave or blink my lights at all well maintained Mustangs no matter the age because I think if a persons ride is clean they probably have pride in themselves and their ride. These people usually respond.
Old 7/9/13, 06:46 PM
V6 Member

I see it this way. Fox body and sn95 mustang lovers had a very specific taste for their cars. The newer ones '05 and up appeal to a broader audience with their styling.

That's why for the most part, the people I see driving new mustangs have their windows up with their a/c on and talking on their phones.

No offense to the ladies but most camaros and Mustangs I see are ladies cars. I drive up and want to check their car out and they don't even notice other mustangs. It looks to me like its just another car to them. It is nice when I see a lady who gets it and loves her car.

I'm the only one with his windows down trying to enjoy my exhaust . Society has changed and cars are for the most part; all the same.

I'm still gonna love my '06 and plan on driving a Stang from now on.
Old 7/9/13, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hate when other Mustang owners don't even look over when you drive past them. A few times, including today, I've driven the Mach 1 next to a black 2013 GT/CS on the highway and the guy driving didn't even turn his head. If you can't appreciate Mustangs other than the body style you own, then you're not a true Mustang enthusiast.
Old 7/9/13, 11:02 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylar
I hate when other Mustang owners don't even look over when you drive past them. A few times, including today, I've driven the Mach 1 next to a black 2013 GT/CS on the highway and the guy driving didn't even turn his head. If you can't appreciate Mustangs other than the body style you own, then you're not a true Mustang enthusiast.
Old 7/10/13, 07:14 AM

I wave or nod at other mustangs.
Then the wife yells at me saying "it's embarrassing".
She just doesn't understand.
Old 7/10/13, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to do this with my wife now, girlfriend back then, when I owned my SVT Focus. She could spot one from a 100yds off!

But I've always waved, nodded, or done the fog light flash.

I actually nod and wave at Challengers and Camaros too.
We're all in this Muscle era together, might as well enjoy it!

Most of the time I get looks and nods or whatever from them too... and i'm in a stock, base, black GT. Granted it's always clean but still!

...and of course... you gotta do the subtle rev... the quick blurp to let them know you know your car. lol (and to let them know its most likely a manual)

Last edited by Krohn; 7/10/13 at 09:56 AM.
Old 7/11/13, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kherman
I wave or nod at other mustangs.
Then the wife yells at me saying "it's embarrassing".
She just doesn't understand.
Its a mustang thing. Lol. They wouldnt understand. Haha. Thats what I tell my hubby all the time
Old 7/11/13, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I try to wave at all Mustangs most wave but I find V6 convertibles mostly female don't wave as they bought a nice convertible not a Mustang! Just my observation but I continue to wave
Old 7/12/13, 05:18 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Originally Posted by Temple_jb
I am 59. I have driven Mustangs all my life. I wave or blink my lights at all well maintained Mustangs no matter the age because I think if a persons ride is clean they probably have pride in themselves and their ride. These people usually respond.
I'm your age and I agree. They will be more responsive but I can't exclude the young guys that are 'building' their Mustangs in stages. They may not look too hot now but they are trying, and I see them appreciating my ride as well.
Old 7/21/13, 07:06 PM
V6 Member

I actually came across 4 Mustangs on the road in about 3 minutes so I didn't have time to acknowledge them all. Came up to an intersection and a black S197 was going across in front of me to the left. Looked left when going through the intersection to get a better look at it, a white SN95 was coming toward me and ended up turning behind me. A minute later a yellow S197 goes by in the opposing lane, with a bronze SN95 maybe 30 seconds later. Then I didn't see another Mustang rest of the trip... odd....
Old 7/25/13, 10:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Used to have jeeps and will again at some point; the wave thing with jeeps is almost universal. With mustangs, I don't get a lot of response from them unless they're in a Shelby like me or a well-maintained or modded cobra. Everyone else doesn't seem to care that they're driving a mustang. It's just a car to them.
Old 7/25/13, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Used to have jeeps and will again at some point; the wave thing with jeeps is almost universal. With mustangs, I don't get a lot of response from them unless they're in a Shelby like me or a well-maintained or modded cobra. Everyone else doesn't seem to care that they're driving a mustang. It's just a car to them.
I had a 95 YJ and the "Jeep Wave" was a very common thing, almost universal as you put it. Even in my Raider when passing other modded 4x4s the wave/nod is very common. Even considering the "its just another car group" I have a hard time wrapping my mind around there being so many that don't wave/nod in Mustangs.

Quick Reply: Types of Mustang Drivers and the "Wave"