General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Seeing more GTs

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/05, 12:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally saw an 05 GT that didn't belong to me. I had to go all the way to SW Houston (Sugar Land/Missouri City area). Saw a silver GT with very nicely tinted windows... I've never seen so many tinted windows on cars as I did down there (50% tint is the legal limit up here)... And I also saw a dark (I think it was black, it was dark out) with a big centered triple (elanor-style) white stripe. I'm going to have to drive down next time I go there so I don't feel so left out, or miss my car so much. As it was, when I left she had a cast on her rear-right side waiting for the dealership to get a new shoe for her. Anyways, I was kind of curious if either of those GTs I saw belonged to any of the members of these boards. Because when I was with my friend in her explorer I kept saying things like "I wonder if I know them" and "I miss my girl ".... needless to say she didn't like the latter comment. Ok, enough of my rambling. Just been too busy to check these boards very frequently lately. Hopefully spring will get here and I can drive without being paranoid about salt.
Old 3/14/05, 12:17 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to believe that you haven't seen any other Mustangs until just now. I live in a small town and have seen about 5 here alone. Not to mention whenever I go to New Orleans. And then when I went to Vegas a few months ago... I saw a different '05 at least once a day. They are everywhere now. Keep your eyes open and you are bound to see more.
Old 3/14/05, 12:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've seen 2 V6s both within a half-mile of the dealership. One was yellow with the dealer-installed black stripes, the other was torch. When I was in Houston, I saw about 200+ Mustangs, 2 05 GTs, and 3 05 V6s... the other 195+ were all 94-04 models. I've never seen that many Mustangs before in my life. heck I saw 2 Cobra coupes and a Cobra vert in 4 days down there and have only seen one Cobra up here in the past 3 years. Then again, compare a city down south of 4+ million to a city of a half-million up north and you might see why I'm not used to seeing cars like that. I'd never seen an NSX outside a car show until I got there. I tell you, I feel special driving my GT around up here... down there I'd need the GT just to "fit in" so-to-speak.

BTW acadian, how do you like the stripes on the MG?
Old 3/14/05, 01:29 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the stripes a lot. They are vinyl, which I don't like, but I am saving up to have them painted on. Not sure when that will be, but will definitely be by the end of the year. I paid a guy to do it ($250) and then I hated the way he did it. They weren't centered on the car for one. But there were other problems like some bubbling and even some peeling. And this was a reputable guy. I did research, checked references, etc... he must have been having a bad day. Or, the pressure of doing a brand new '05 got to him. So, after getting $50 back from him, I ripped the stripes off and spent the $50 on some generic 12" vinyl stripes from a site. I then cut the stripes down myself to taper a bit (I believe from around 9-1/2" to 10-1/2") and installed them myself. Now, they are perfectly symmetrical, and have no problems with peeling or any bubbles after almost 3 months. So, these will do for now until I get them painted. But I can't even imagine my car without stripes anymore. And the amount of stares, double-takes, thumbs-up, etc... has literally doubled since I put them on.