The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   School parking lots (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/school-parking-lots-519120/)

TheMuffinMan 2/27/13 11:59 AM

School parking lots

Why is it that majority of my college parking lot is filled with ricers and stupid boy racers? Idk if it's just a Honda thing but for some reason one of the kids backing out of his space felt it was necessary to rev his engine over ten times just to pull out of his parking space. Feel free to add your own parking lot rant below.

Blue Notch 2/27/13 01:07 PM

The majority of cars in my parking lot are boring camrys and accords with a couple small suvs and trucks thrown in. There are a couple "sporty"(?) imports, but nothing overtly "ricer". There used to be a ton of RSXs but they all disappeared. :dunno:

TheMuffinMan 2/27/13 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch (Post 6563552)
The majority of cars in my parking lot are boring camrys and accords with a couple small suvs and trucks thrown in. There are a couple "sporty"(?) imports, but nothing overtly "ricer". There used to be a ton of RSXs but they all disappeared. :dunno:

In mine it's all rice city and I'm like the only GT owner in the mustang department besides maybe one other person. I would rather see more mustangs than civics. Mustang > civic

Blue Notch 2/27/13 01:14 PM

There used to be a new edge V6 last semester, but I haven't seen it yet this year. There was an s197 GT when I first started going here, but they didn't really seem to care what they drove. My school hates cars. :doh:

TheMuffinMan 2/27/13 03:01 PM

I have a new edge GT, I thought about getting a 05+ GT but I can't justify spending 14k for 40 more horsepower when for less I can supercharge my GT. :D

shurtual86 2/27/13 03:48 PM

It's the area, I've seen a couple mustangs at the U of M, actually saw a Grabber Blue 2011 v6 by Weisman Art Museum when they first started coming out. I'm actually surprised there isn't a lot more Ricers there, considering University ave is right there, University Ave in St.Paul=ricer city in the summertime.

Mustang Freak 2/27/13 03:55 PM

I'm just curious as to what a 'New Edge GT' is considered? Never heard that reference before? Thanks ahead of time! :dunno:

TheMuffinMan 2/27/13 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6563692)
I'm just curious as to what a 'New Edge GT' is considered? Never heard that reference before? Thanks ahead of time! :dunno:

New edge GT's and V6's are the mustangs made in 99-04.

shurtual86 2/27/13 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6563692)

99-04 mustangs are referred to New Edge mustangs because of the body style.

bluethunderhorse 2/27/13 04:48 PM

I think all of the ricers around me have learned not to try me :D

TheMuffinMan 2/27/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse (Post 6563735)
I think all of the ricers around me have learned not to try me :D

Lol I have a off road set up and no one asked me to race. xD the sound of the pipe with my mufflers make people think it's a built v8.

Getportfolio 2/27/13 05:57 PM

Faulty generalization much?

AirForcePonycar 2/27/13 06:34 PM

There's mostly Hondas and nissans and blah blah blah. However, I noticed an 05-09 GT in the lot the other night, sounded great. Just two nights ago as I was pulling into the parking garage, a black camaro SS was a few cars behind me...The both of us driving in that garage hunting for spots was pretty cool to listen to. I also saw some numb-skull in an Audi A5(or S5, couldn't tell) carelessly punch it leaving the parking lot. Not cool, it was reckless. A**hole.

Lando 2/28/13 06:12 AM

My previous boss at work was a woman and she drove an Audi sedan nothing special. Anyways, she said my car was old and no way it was faster than her grocerie getter... I'm sure she has reinforced torq boxes... Lol

TheMuffinMan 2/28/13 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lando (Post 6564045)
My previous boss at work was a woman and she drove an Audi sedan nothing special. Anyways, she said my car was old and no way it was faster than her grocerie getter... I'm sure she has reinforced torq boxes... Lol

Depends on which Audi sedan she drives.

69Mach1-409 2/28/13 07:34 AM

On my way home from the gym last night there must of been 20 of them hanging out at the qtr car wash.. I wished I was in the GT. Though I did consider going BigFoot on their asses with the Raptor.

bluethunderhorse 2/28/13 12:19 PM

^^^ :rofl2:

Lando 2/28/13 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 6564092)

Depends on which Audi sedan she drives.

A4 turbo

StangMahn 2/28/13 01:20 PM

school parking lots are generally like that because those cars are cheap, or one's their parents had.

You'll see tons of civics and older accords, small SUV's, and an assload of Camry's and Corolla's.

SilverSkoundrel 2/28/13 02:11 PM

in my school parking lot theres everything from lifted redneck trucks all the way to slammed rice mobiles and taco machines lol soooo many different rides at school. theres one of those new scion 2 door coupes that looks pretty cool and last semester i seen a porsche out there. very few stock looking mustangs out there this semsester. of course im only out there 230-400....