The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Saleen Might Not be Around for Much Longer (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/saleen-might-not-around-much-longer-534115/)

JonathonK 11/24/14 07:51 PM

Saleen Might Not be Around for Much Longer

https://themustangsource.com/wp-cont...Mustang-sm.jpg

Saleen Automotive recently filed its quarterly earnings report with the SEC. It makes for a terrible read. As of Sept. 30th, the company only had $7,261 left in the bank. It also owes the bank, its lawyers and its contractors quite a lot of money.

Read the rest on the Mustang Forums homepage. >>

wheelman 11/24/14 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JonathonK (Post 6872229)
Saleen Automotive recently filed its quarterly earnings report with the SEC. It makes for a terrible read. As of Sept. 30th, the company only had $7,261 left in the bank. It also owes the bank, its lawyers and its contractors quite a lot of money. Read the rest on the Mustang Forums homepage. >>

And they owe me $800 of that, but this is what happens when you treat customers like krap. Good riddance.

Flagstang 11/24/14 09:47 PM

it should of died years ago..

Krohn 11/25/14 08:33 AM

Wow.... I can't say I'm surprised but if they go, they will be missed.

Ford and Shelby have made such good products recently that fit the little niche markets. Ex: Shelby GT, Bullitt, GT500, GT500 KR, Boss 302, Boss 302 LS, Shelby GT350, Track Packs, and now the new GT350.
Add that to the Roush Stage 1, 2, & 3 along with the 427R.... and we have a lot of options! Roush has seemed to have done a good job staying relevant in producing cars and simple aftermarket bolts-ons with Ford standing behind them. I mean, I'd rather buy an aftermarket Roush blower vs a Saleen one. Same with suspension.

So I guess Saleen has just fell behind. Charged too much for an inferior product. I had a lot of high hopes for the new one too!

tj@steeda 11/25/14 07:48 PM

And don't forget about the Steeda Performance Vehicles ... our cars are still a major player in the game!

www.steedavehicles.com

Best Regards,

TJ

Flagstang 11/25/14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda (Post 6872587)
And don't forget about the Steeda Performance Vehicles ... our cars are still a major player in the game!

www.steedavehicles.com

Best Regards,

TJ

That's because Steeda makes quality stuff and has good customer service.

But Steeda has messed up my order of a rear sway bar for two years in a row during every single sale were I tried to order one and my shift knob.

But I still love you guys and rep your parts..

Brandon@fattysmotorsports 11/25/14 07:54 PM

Shame that they are leaving, but that is what happens when you don't keep up!

lowblustang00 11/25/14 08:07 PM

Is this SMS or saleen or both?

I ask because I remember him losing saleen, and only recently got it back. I wonder if most of the damage was done by who owned it during his sabbatical?

TheTaminator 11/25/14 11:30 PM

That's pretty interesting. I'm not sure how wonderful their Mustangs are/were...but the Saleen S7 was a very cool and killer car. They still command + $400k in the used market.

Gabe 11/26/14 05:19 AM

Yeah, which Saleen is in trouble? The man or one of his many spin-off businesses?

And something tells me that if the Saleen that is in trouble now DOES go out of business, Mr Saleen himself will just pop back up with another business.
He apparently hasn't run out of acronyms or names he can use yet.

It's like a bad penny ....

I wish he'd just retire ....

tj@steeda 11/26/14 08:30 AM

That's because Steeda makes quality stuff and has good customer service.

But Steeda has messed up my order of a rear sway bar for two years in a row during every single sale were I tried to order one and my shift knob.

But I still love you guys and rep your parts..
Thank you for your feedback & I apologize for the issues. If you are going to order during this year's Black Friday sale ... which is active ... use BF14 ... please email me at tim@steeda.com & I will ensure you have a smooth transaction.

Best Regards,

TJ