General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

quick question..need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/16, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question..need help asap

Just purchased a new mustang...and its dropped I guess but I don't like it as low because I live in Louisiana and the roads are having a field day with the bottom of the car...my question is, can I add lifters in the Springs to raise the body some? And I have some oem mustang rims that are all black that I will put on...will that raise it by itself cuz they are bigger than the alloys I have on
Old 12/12/16, 06:46 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Messing around with an 'already low' suspension just adds ride quality issues unless you just don't care about that stuff. If you don't like the lowered car 'as is' and want a decent ride, I would attempt to get it back to stock using quality parts. Good luck with it.
Old 12/12/16, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you checked the shocks to see if they are adjustable at all. You may be able to raise the rides height enough to make it drivable. Here is link to a video on this type shock to help you make a determination:

If it is just the springs, you may have to replace them with the stock ones to get the ride you are looking for.

As for the wheels, what size are the ones you have versus what is on the car. For instance, if you are running 20's now and put 18's (stock) on, the higher sidewall on the 18 's may help, as well as soften the ride.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 12/12/16 at 02:53 PM.