General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/08, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Don't think too long.. not worth it.
You'll need 2 extra donor 18" factory Bullitts to be hacked up in order to widen your existing wheels. Width growth goes inwards, leaving the offset the same.

And I know just where you can get a set Luis... In fact you should get all four..... Just in Case
Old 5/7/08, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Permanently tacking it down without the Taco vote?

j/k.. I vote 1.5!

I like it.
Perfect place to put my detail bag next to it, leaving my trunk space completely empty.

Leo, have you weighed our spare tire to see what kind of weight savings we're talking about?
Hey not my fault your only on during working hours.

I'll weigh each part today and post the results. From what I read online the inflator only weighs 5lbs.

Going to seperate with the other key cover? If so, I'll take it.
You can have it. I'll give it to you on Saturday. I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to mention what I was doing with the extra one.

What ever happened to Jon? He never did post up any pics of his Vortech HO system or the strut brace.
I'm throwing up the flag until we see photographic evidence.
+1.

Originally Posted by habu
And I know just where you can get a set Luis... In fact you should get all four..... Just in Case
Old 5/7/08, 08:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hey not my fault your only on during working hours.
That's because keeping up with this thread, MF, MS, and YT is work.

I'll weigh each part today and post the results. From what I read online the inflator only weighs 5lbs.
Include the jack and tool too.

You can have it. I'll give it to you on Saturday. I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to mention what I was doing with the extra one.
If I don't see you Saturday, please give to Jed.

Got any other 'extra' stuff?
Old 5/7/08, 10:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Include the jack and tool too.

If I don't see you Saturday, please give to Jed.

Got any other 'extra' stuff?
Will do.

Yeah I've got plenty of extra stuff. Stock springs, rotors, ebrake, armrest, intake, front swaybar, driveshaft, motor mounts, radiator support, panhard, panhard support, lca's, mirrors, GT emblems, 281 emblems, (4) 235/50/18 BFG KDW's. And in about a week I'll have a spare tire, jack, and lug nut remover. What do you need?

Dang didn't realize I had so much crap sitting in my garage.
Old 5/7/08, 11:20 AM

Dang didn't realize I had so much crap sitting in my garage.
Well if you hold onto that stuff for another 40 years or so, it may be worth something.

Me: most all you listed plus.. stock shifter, Shaker 500, CMCV, fuel door, radiator cover, mufflers, and soon dampeners. Why I keep all this junk I'll never know.
Old 5/7/08, 11:24 AM

Today's my company carshow. Was also registered for this show too, but whatever.
Only 1 S197 showed up.. George's Saleen buddy.

Pics coming soon...
Old 5/7/08, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Are U guys friggin' kidding me? I just wasted 1/2 hour of my life browsing the last 100 or so posts...

Most of you guys jump on a bandwagon about a thrashing shaftmasters took on another forum without a single clue about these cars other than appearance and show queen mods.

I have read so many BS posts in the last 100 posts making absolute ridiculous statements from "it's fine to run 560 rwhp on the stock motor without a BAP - you dont need anymore fuel' to 'running lean should only cause detonation and not cause the rods to suffer'...

While many of you guys are bashing truly technical forums (where BTW over 1/2 the members run faster and make more power than 99% of you ever will) you focus so hard on what wheels and tires look cool, you seem to not have a clue of the technical knowledge that has been aquired and learned about the S197's over the last couple of years.

Where 11's WERE the goal, making 10 sec passes is common place now and people are forging into the 9's. Where 500 hp on the stock motor safely was discussed years ago, people are figuring out how to get 330ci out of the 4.6 3V.

People are forging ways to spin the 3V to 8000 rpm and you guys are stuck with bolt on show mods....

Bill, to you personally -

I met you once and you seem like a really cool guy and you have made some great how-to posts for show mods mods bolt-ons but I am shocked at your lack of motor knowledge about these cars. Some of your statements were downright scary at the thought that guys who think you know about building these cars because of your bolt on write ups might actually lose a motor if they attempt to learn technical knowledge from places like this.

This site has it's advantages but in no way should anyone expect any bonafide technical knowledge from these types of threads. Need to decide on what wheels, badges, and paint to put on your car - you're in the right place. Want to build a motor or get the most of your stock motor and FI set-up safely - you are not going to learn it from most of the guys here...

I'm not promoting another site and not recommending anywhere else to go - I'm simply saying if you need technical knowledge, it may be a better idea to get it from guys who have actually done the technical work and know what they are talking about rather than from guys who are 'guessing' about it...

Hate to clue you guys - but you're still living in 2005 when it comes to building these cars performance wise - we've come a long way and the there is a lot of knowledge out there now...

I still can't get over the fact some of you think running lean shouldn't blow the motor...lol
Old 5/7/08, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ChevyKiller
Are U guys friggin' kidding me? I just wasted 1/2 hour of my life browsing the last 100 or so posts...

Most of you guys jump on a bandwagon about a thrashing shaftmasters took on another forum without a single clue about these cars other than appearance and show queen mods.

I have read so many BS posts in the last 100 posts making absolute ridiculous statements from "it's fine to run 560 rwhp on the stock motor without a BAP - you dont need anymore fuel' to 'running lean should only cause detonation and not cause the rods to suffer'...

While many of you guys are bashing truly technical forums (where BTW over 1/2 the members run faster and make more power than 99% of you ever will) you focus so hard on what wheels and tires look cool, you seem to not have a clue of the technical knowledge that has been aquired and learned about the S197's over the last couple of years.

Where 11's WERE the goal, making 10 sec passes is common place now and people are forging into the 9's. Where 500 hp on the stock motor safely was discussed years ago, people are figuring out how to get 330ci out of the 4.6 3V.

People are forging ways to spin the 3V to 8000 rpm and you guys are stuck with bolt on show mods....

I met you once and you seem like a really cool guy and you have made some great how-to posts for show mods mods bolt-ons but I am shocked at your lack of motor knowledge about these cars. Some of your statements were downright scary at the thought that guys who think you know about building these cars because of your bolt on write ups might actually lose a motor if they attempt to learn technical knowledge from places like this.

This site has it's advantages but in no way should anyone expect any bonafide technical knowledge from these types of threads. Need to decide on what wheels, badges, and paint to put on your car - you're in the right place. Want to build a motor or get the most of your stock motor and FI set-up safely - you are not going to learn it from most of the guys here...

I'm not promoting another site and not recommending anywhere else to go - I'm simply saying if you need technical knowledge, it may be a better idea to get it from guys who have actually done the technical work and know what they are talking about rather than from guys who are 'guessing' about it...

Hate to clue you guys - but you're still living in 2005 when it comes to building these cars performance wise - we've come a long way and the there is a lot of knowledge out there now...

I still can't get over the fact some of you think running lean shouldn't blow the motor...lol
You S197 forum guys just can't let **** go. The whole Shaftmaster crap was months ago and your just now chiming in? Your obviously just trying to stir up some drama. Go away please were not interested.

S197 guys technical gods, us POTR guys idiots. You win now go away.

With that said your car is Badass.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 5/7/08 at 12:28 PM.
Old 5/7/08, 12:32 PM
GTR Member

Are U guys friggin' kidding me?
I have more experience building engines than many people on other sites combined. That's all the breath (or typing, actually) I'll waste on you.

And I'll bet a week's pay that my engine won't blow with 560 HP on stock internals. Any takers?
Old 5/7/08, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I have more experience building engines than many people on other sites combined. That's all the breath (or typing, actually) I'll waste on you.
Probably not me but.......

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
And I'll bet a week's pay that my engine won't blow with 560 HP on stock internals. Any takers?
Depends. You willing to race that thing or is it just a dyno queen?

2006 Turbocharged Mustang GT Convertible - Performance White - Black Top - Crimson Red Leather - Light Satin IUP - 5 Speed Manual
| Build Date: 1/24/2006 | Window Sticker | Mustang Enthusiast (Coming Soon) | Dyno Video | Dyno Chart | 475.2 RWHP, 505.6 RWTQ @ 10.0 psi
10 psi? Mine makes more than that on 8 psi. You race that thing?
Old 5/7/08, 01:19 PM

CK- I don't remember meeting you, but if I did, I hope I was friendly and respectful towards you.
Can you specifically point to what bolt-on write-ups that I'm handing down 'downright scary' statements? If you are correct, I need to know.

And you're correct, I do not possess an in-depth motor knowledge on these 4.6 3V's, nor have I ever claimed to.

Like Leo, I'm wondering why you felt the impending need to seek out this thread only to belittle the members here. There's a member here in POTR that spoke highly about you and your car and I thought that was great. But then I read your post and now see that this Mustang community is split in more ways than one.

US1: This thread is not an avenue to start arguements. If you wish to further your debate, please start your own thread.
Old 5/7/08, 01:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^agreed, all Bill has ever said is that he's a normal guy, and he did the writeup to help other guys, "a normal guy, and if I can do it, anyone can" I believe is what I heard.
Old 5/7/08, 01:25 PM
NTTAWWT

a 305 rear,
Old 5/7/08, 01:33 PM

On a lighter note...

Pics from today's C-17 carshow..

Old 5/7/08, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

Well said Bill and all that needs to be said!

Great pics, thanks as always for making this place fun.
Old 5/7/08, 02:20 PM
GT Member

CK- I don't remember meeting you, but if I did, I hope I was friendly and respectful towards you.
Can you specifically point to what bolt-on write-ups that I'm handing down 'downright scary' statements? If you are correct, I need to know.

And you're correct, I do not possess an in-depth motor knowledge on these 4.6 3V's, nor have I ever claimed to.

Like Leo, I'm wondering why you felt the impending need to seek out this thread only to belittle the members here. There's a member here in POTR that spoke highly about you and your car and I thought that was great. But then I read your post and now see that this Mustang community is split in more ways than one.
Bill, I met you at an OC car show at a dealership last year. You were very nice and I think you are misreading my post. I specifically said your write-ups on bolt-on's were very good. What I was saying that was scary was the idea of some people following your build as far as tuning and FI go just because you give some great write-ups on installs. From the posts I read, it was blatantly obvious why you had an issue and no mystery at all.

Not directed to you personally but it's funny how this 'split community' thing is being brought up and guys making statements about being an 'S197 guy'...lol

Check the avatars fellas, and I was a member here before many of you. We are all a 'community' and it's not split.

The fact that most of you are conveinently overlooking is the fact that YOU guys started bashing S197 forum in this thread - not the other way around. A thread was only directed to this one AFTER several members were talking crap about another forum which is STUPID. No forum is 'better' than any other. It is just simple fact that certain forums are better for certain topics and info...PERIOD.

Members can take whatever is said on the internet whatever way they want. I am just throwing the idea out there that when you hear something that sounds 'iffy' - it probably is. It's very easy for someone to say I make so and so power with this or that but the bottom line that SD brought up is true...prove it.

The reality is pretty much everyone who is fast with big power whether on the stock motor or built is known and all over the internet. So if someone claims this or that and can't back it up with vids and timeslips - it's a pretty good chance they are FOS.

For the record also - I'm not belittling the 'members' here - just those individual members who deserve it. And they know who they are...
Old 5/7/08, 02:28 PM
GT Member

You S197 forum guys just can't let **** go. The whole Shaftmaster crap was months ago and your just now chiming in? Your obviously just trying to stir up some drama. Go away please were not interested.

S197 guys technical gods, us POTR guys idiots. You win now go away.

With that said your car is Badass.
Thank you. However, I only was directed about the threads today. I'm on a lot of forums but rarely spend time in any of the 'chat' sections. I'm usually only lurking in the tech sections. Having said that, I'm not trying to continue the animosity - just point out that we are all a 'community' and forum versus forum and group against group crap is nonesense.

We should all be beating up on GM's & imports - not each other...
Old 5/7/08, 02:44 PM
NTTAWWT

good god bill, where do you work, that's incredible
Old 5/7/08, 02:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thank you. However, I only was directed about the threads today. I'm on a lot of forums but rarely spend time in any of the 'chat' sections. I'm usually only lurking in the tech sections. Having said that, I'm not trying to continue the animosity - just point out that we are all a 'community' and forum versus forum and group against group crap is nonesense.

We should all be beating up on GM's & imports - not each other...
Understood but your original post read more like an attack and not like you were trying to smooth things over (Especially with what you said here.) I totally agree that club vs club, forum vs forum crap is stupid. Look what happened at Knott's with Stangpede and SCS. It was funny online but didn't go to well in person.

I frequent S197 when I'm looking for technical info and have even started a few threads over their recently asking about drag wheel setups. It's just for me this thread/TMS is home. Reason being that the majority of us on this thread actually hangout together. So let's a bust out the peace pipe and put this to rest.
Old 5/7/08, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
its getting too serious in here

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)