General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/08, 11:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbieg
Uh, nope not a cop. Just a citizen with a CC permit. Never leave home without it
CZ's are not well known in this country but they are really reliable nice pieces. They are Czech made and standard issue for the Czech police.
Cz are a quality gun, and after the 1911 the most copied gun in the world.

You have CZ, then the CZ clones like armalite,Tangfolio,eaa witness,baby eagle,ect
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-witness-20017edit.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-ar24sright.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 5/2/08, 01:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Jed,

If you have any video of Marianne's service available, can you bring it on Saturday. If not, no biggie. Just thought while you are in the neighborhood it would be good timing. Thanks!
Old 5/2/08, 02:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't find drag racing that addictive Maybe it's because I'm not good I'm glad I'm more into the show and go then all out brute force. It's fun but I just don't want to invest so much into it with my car. Now if I could get my neighbor to sell me his 92 at the right price.....

Well, saw Brian for like two minutes at Irwindale Hope everything turned out well at work Brian

All this Gun talk, I think I need to take a crash course to stay in the loop.
Old 5/2/08, 06:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197

Me too.... I do have a .357 S&W and a Ruger Blackhawk convertible, which has interchangable cylinders for shooting either .357 or 9mm shells. Both were bought new by my father in 1986- he passed in 1987 after firing one round each through them. I've had them since, and have never fired them myself. They are beautiful, beautiful pieces.
Old 5/2/08, 07:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
Yeah a Glock is nice. I don't want a 9 though, ... The problem is that the glock 45 is waaay too thick for my hand ??

Right now there are a couple things I HAVE to fix before I feel safe on a track.

Prothane motor mounts, paypaled... should have them by the end of next week maybe ?? Install party anyone ??

Got my first Whipple Kill tonight.
Who said to get a Glock 9?
I have 2 Glocks, G21 (45 ACP) and G23 (compact 40). The G21 actually feels pretty nice in my hand and doesn't feel too big at all. The G23 fits even better.
Glock also makes a slimline 45 ACP, the G36. It's a single row stacker (6+1).

Fix what on your car? I didn't know it wasn't 'track ready'. You did mention a helmet and firesuit, but nothing with your car.

Prothanes will be easy. Just the Autos are a PITA, right George and Leo?

Congrats on your 1st Whipple kill.
Only person I rolled up on for a little street play was Leo. Guess everyone else falls back.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey have you drag guys considered this:

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
That's what Leo and I have full time.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Looking on buying a old smith & wesson 45 auto from a friend at work, I'll pick it up next weekend.
Ughh.. I was never a fan of the 1911. Don't get me wrong, they shoot fine and accurate (I shot a Colt varient), and widely used in competition, but I just can get over the million pieces when you tear it down for cleaning.

Luis, I can take you to the Torrance indoor range and get you up to speed so you don't embarass yourself in front of the crew.

I am curious how well George can shoot though..

Originally Posted by tom281
... I've had them since, and have never fired them myself. They are beautiful, beautiful pieces.
Cool story Tom. I'd say go out and cycle some ammo thru them in honor of ur dad.
Old 5/2/08, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't find drag racing that addictive Maybe it's because I'm not good I'm glad I'm more into the show and go then all out brute force. It's fun but I just don't want to invest so much into it with my car. Now if I could get my neighbor to sell me his 92 at the right price.....

Well, saw Brian for like two minutes at Irwindale Hope everything turned out well at work Brian

It's one of those things, you get it, the procedures and everything else once you do it a few times. concentration is key. But it's not for everyone.

Originally Posted by tom281
Me too.... I do have a .357 S&W and a Ruger Blackhawk convertible, which has interchangable cylinders for shooting either .357 or 9mm shells. Both were bought new by my father in 1986- he passed in 1987 after firing one round each through them. I've had them since, and have never fired them myself. They are beautiful, beautiful pieces.
cool + 1 on Bill's take run some ammo through them and then clean them.
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Who said to get a Glock 9?
I have 2 Glocks, G21 (45 ACP) and G23 (compact 40). The G21 actually feels pretty nice in my hand and doesn't feel too big at all. The G23 fits even better.
Glock also makes a slimline 45 ACP, the G36. It's a single row stacker (6+1).

Fix what on your car? I didn't know it wasn't 'track ready'. You did mention a helmet and firesuit, but nothing with your car.

Prothanes will be easy. Just the Autos are a PITA, right George and Leo?

Congrats on your 1st Whipple kill.
Only person I rolled up on for a little street play was Leo. Guess everyone else falls back.
I know no one said, it's just that if anyone has a glock 90% of the time it's a 9mm. All of the glocks I've shot have been 9's

Car stuff....
Need Gauges, feel that it's important for me to have the A/F gauge ASAP.
Belt & Tensioner. Modfords/S197 has plenty cases of the tensioner that has bent under stress or power shifting a FI'd car. That throws the belt, can dent the hood.....etc.etc.etc. Solution seems to be one of three things. Thump_RRR's billet tensioner, conversion to a 8-rib belt or Adam's "Frankentensioner" The thing Adam sells is the cheapest of the bunch. Definitely no track with out one of each.
Helmet, Fire Jacket.... nuff said there.
Drag Radials/17" wheels. No explanation here either. Stock tires would be a waste.

So if you add it up it's about another 2K to spend. Of course the prothanes would have been 25% of a A/F Gauge
Old 5/2/08, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ughh.. I was never a fan of the 1911. Don't get me wrong, they shoot fine and accurate (I shot a Colt varient), and widely used in competition, but I just can get over the million pieces when you tear it down for cleaning.

it not a 1911, and I have shot a firearm once or twice in the past

I know no one said, it's just that if anyone has a glock 90% of the time it's a 9mm. All of the glocks I've shot have been 9's
It the only glock model that dosent blow up
Old 5/2/08, 08:47 AM
Cobra Member

it not a 1911, and I have shot a firearm once or twice in the past

It the only glock model that dosent blow up

George your right on, Bill the Glockster man, I can see him with two shoulder holsters guns blasting in both hands lol

I like the revolver, always have and I like BIG fire power as you can tell. What I like best is the art of reloading, that to me is a science, soothing and fun to test your actions and log your results. You know they say the only sure fire trustworthy personal defense weapon is revolver, less parts to fail or jam when you need it.

I have a buddy that has a Desert Eagle 50 cal, now thats a monster
Old 5/2/08, 08:49 AM
Cobra Member

Looking on buying a old smith & wesson 45 auto from a friend at work, I'll pick it up next weekend.
Now that sounds and looks great George. Looks like its in great shape, I'd jump on that for the right price.
Old 5/2/08, 09:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool story Tom. I'd say go out and cycle some ammo thru them in honor of ur dad.

cool + 1 on Bill's take run some ammo through them and then clean them.

Maybe sometime..... I was 12 when he died- I have a son who is 9 now and thought maybe the first time I shoot them, I'll take him along with me. Probably be a couple of years yet.
Old 5/2/08, 09:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Home on the Range

Hey there are two Firing ranges near Ray house maybe this Saturday we could go before we go to Ray's? 1. Azusa gun range where they shoot artillary! It's an open range you hard core shooters would love it. 2. The Santa Anita firing range indoor. I think they have a 44 Mag limit, hand guns only you can even rent firearms there.

Just putting it out there no pressure Now get back to Mustang talk Beeatches! SoCal Peeps anyone up for Cars & Java Saturday morning?

Ranger Jed
Old 5/2/08, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey GlockBill
lets see how well you shoot the glock

May 3 - 4, 2008
Norco, California
Raahauge's Shooting Park /
Shooting Sports Alliance Club
So California GLOCKMeister Challenge VIII

http://www.gssfonline.com/regforms/new_comp_brief.pdf

I'll even shoot in the amateur class to keep things fair
Old 5/2/08, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Looks like a throw down

The challenge is made..............

My money is on George all the way
Old 5/2/08, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That's what Leo and I have full time.
Yup.

I willing to bet George will be the top shooter. I'd rank myself somewhere in the top three if we were shooting rifles. Don't have much experience with handguns.

Car stuff....
Need Gauges, feel that it's important for me to have the A/F gauge ASAP.
Belt & Tensioner. Modfords/S197 has plenty cases of the tensioner that has bent under stress or power shifting a FI'd car. That throws the belt, can dent the hood.....etc.etc.etc. Solution seems to be one of three things. Thump_RRR's billet tensioner, conversion to a 8-rib belt or Adam's "Frankentensioner" The thing Adam sells is the cheapest of the bunch. Definitely no track with out one of each.
Helmet, Fire Jacket.... nuff said there.
Drag Radials/17" wheels. No explanation here either. Stock tires would be a waste.

So if you add it up it's about another 2K to spend. Of course the prothanes would have been 25% of a A/F Gauge
You need a fire jacket to run at Irwindale? Qualcomm and Barona only require jackets if your under 7.5 I think maybe lower.

Originally Posted by NYNY53
Looks like a throw down

The challenge is made..............

My money is on George all the way
Dang all that's missing is the slap in the face with a glove. Sorry Bill but my money's on George too. Not saying he'll own you but I think he'll shoot just a tad bit better.
Old 5/2/08, 10:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Yup.
You need a fire jacket to run at Irwindale? Qualcomm and Barona only require jackets if your under 7.5 I think maybe lower.
I have a non-factory power-adder, so it put me in the fire jacket class apparently. I have asked three different people, same answer. I'm not complaining about it. It's just the list seems to keep getting longer.

I'd be down for firing range even if I had to rent a gun.

Last edited by habu; 5/2/08 at 10:38 AM.
Old 5/2/08, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
I have a cousin who lives in Kingsfield(that what its called?) Either way I'm familar with Old Tampa RD. Small world indeed! I'll deff keep you in mind for future projects, lol. I worked all day today, heck my first day off isn't till Tuesday that'll be 7 days in a row. Last week was 8... Sucks!
I live in Kingsfield also, funny that we've never seen each others cars although I do keep mine in the garage when I am home.
Old 5/2/08, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Sorry Bill but my money's on George too. Not saying he'll own you but I think he'll shoot just a tad bit better.
Dang guys, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Just throwing it out there, I shot greater than a 92 percentile at the Police Academy... beeyotch!

But my greatest advantage over George is that I don't have to squint when aiming down range.
Old 5/2/08, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey there are two Firing ranges near Ray house maybe this Saturday we could go before we go to Ray's?

SoCal Peeps anyone up for Cars & Java Saturday morning?
Gotta pass on the range.. will be busy up until we leave for Ray's.

Have to finish up my car by tomorrow so it'll be ready to take in at a moments notice. And Pam will be frying up some pupus too.
Old 5/2/08, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

But my greatest advantage over George is that I don't have to squint when aiming down range.

What is Bill saying George

Police academy Bill? Is this a long story or short story? Yikes a sleeper in our midsts
Old 5/2/08, 11:39 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
you mean like this police academy

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)