General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/08, 08:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I don't get it either... they want more of your money??

I can drive 60 miles round trip to work and never even pressurize the engine! But that chart was definitely showing the hammer dropped:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...t=DSCN6854.flv
Maybe the factory felt sorry for all those 'Quality Check' delays that they installed a set of GT500 pumps without you knowing.

Cool video too!
Old 4/13/08, 08:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Maybe the factory felt sorry for all those 'Quality Check' delays that they installed a set of GT500 pumps without you knowing.

Cool video too!
Hmmm... kinda doubt it!

Did you hear the Blow Off Valve when he gets off the gas? Kinda hard to hear over the exhaust and fans.

Sounds totally different in person...
Old 4/13/08, 08:41 PM

Hmmm... kinda doubt it!

Did you hear the Blow Off Valve when he gets off the gas? Kinda hard to hear over the exhaust and fans.

Sounds totally different in person...
No, can't tell in the video clip. Even mine should make some kind of 'blow off' sound, but neither of us rev'd it past 4500 rpm's or so.

Once all is good with mine, I'll be sure to take alot more videos, both static and in motion.
Old 4/13/08, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't get it either... they want more of your money??

I can drive 60 miles round trip to work and never even pressurize the engine! But that chart was definitely showing the hammer dropped:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...t=DSCN6854.flv

We verified A/F ratio on the Predator and it was always around 11.7:1 on the street at WOT.

WOW! Stang sounds great Tom!
Old 4/13/08, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tomorrow should be better for me, I should know exactly where I stand as far as the completion date. I'll be sure to take some pics of my day trip to the Vortech facility. Heck, maybe they'll give me a tour!

I'll maybe host an install/'last minute cleaning before the show' party next Saturday. Hopefully will be able to get the D-Specs and Eibach Pros in that day.
Rumor has it that Jed may grill up some carne asada tacos and also bring a Heineken mini-keg!

Ray: As soon as I get the Ultralites off, we can plan on your installs. I already have the Steeda UDP's ready to go for you.

George: Congrats on the GMS CAI sale!

Jon: How's the status of your Vortech install?
I'm up for install this Wednesday. And expected finish day is friday/saturday. I hope it all goes smooth.
Old 4/13/08, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo
I'm up for install this Wednesday. And expected finish day is friday/saturday. I hope it all goes smooth.
Congrats Jon! hope you're back on the road quickly
Old 4/13/08, 09:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill I'm pulling for you man. I really do hope that you get the whole situation figured out.

Jon Well you're on the list, that is great news. A couple of weeks from now the wait will seem like it was nothing..... which doesn't help you today.

George Congrats on the sale !! Hey, Stillen paid you to attend their event... seems like it worked out.
Old 4/13/08, 09:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Bill I'm pulling for you man. I really do hope that you get the whole situation figured out.

Jon Well you're on the list, that is great news. A couple of weeks from now the wait will seem like it was nothing..... which doesn't help you today.

George Congrats on the sale !! Hey, Stillen paid you to attend their event... seems like it worked out.
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Congrats Jon! hope you're back on the road quickly

Yeah I cannot wait till its all done and ower. And to be honest it worked out best waiting this long. I was able to make a few payments on the CC to be able to afford guages at time of install which I wasn't planning on till late may or june. So its all good. I'm just anxious to see all the new toys put on.

I also sealed the deal on that new spoiler delete trunk with the shaved keyhole. I'm so stoked about that. That was just a random PM. The guy was real nice, took tons of pictures to show its perfect quality. Hopefully that gets shipped Mon/Tues and gets in late this week or next. All thats left for now is d-specs, lca's and relocation. And then I'll enjoy the car and take a break... Yeah...
Old 4/13/08, 09:53 PM

Sounds great Jon! Planning on stopping by the shop to take some progress pics?

Hope all goes smooth and trouble free for ya!
Old 4/13/08, 09:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sounds great Jon! Planning on stopping by the shop to take some progress pics?

Hope all goes smooth and trouble free for ya!
I wont be able too. I used to work like 5mins from the shop which woulda been easy to drop by. But with my new promotion I got moved to another store and now the shops now about 1hr away(due to traffic). I wont even be dropping the car off myself. Parents are going too since I wont make it on time to work if I do. I wont see my car for the entire process

My new trunk below . Well its on its way from MD.
Attached Images     

Last edited by JonCo; 4/13/08 at 09:58 PM.
Old 4/13/08, 09:57 PM

I was able to make a few payments on the CC to be able to afford guages at time of install which I wasn't planning on till late may or june.
Gauges too? Nice!
Which ones did you end up going with?

I also sealed the deal on that new spoiler delete trunk with the shaved keyhole.
Sealing the deal on any shaved keyhole is always a good thing.
Old 4/13/08, 10:01 PM

Thanks Brian. Once the new oil fitting goes in and gauges in, I'll probably take her home and install the BAP myself later on. I'm really hoping before Wednesday so I can bring her to the Cafe.
Old 4/13/08, 10:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gauges too? Nice!

yeah... what gauges ?? I'm in the market here soon too.

Bill, right into the gutter..... you've been away from you're car too long

Hey... do me a favor... check out the for sale section and let me know if I'm asking too much for the wheels and if my add is OK ??
Old 4/13/08, 10:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Gauges too? Nice!

Yeah I went with Autometer GS guages. A/F and full electric boost/vac guages. The GS series matches the stock guages perfectly.

Day

Night, perfect green backlit and red/orange needle. (ignore the fact that its nitrous)

I think these guages are new to this year. I love the stock look they have.
Old 4/13/08, 10:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah... what gauges ?? I'm in the market here soon too.

Bill, right into the gutter..... you've been away from you're car too long

Hey... do me a favor... check out the for sale section and let me know if I'm asking too much for the wheels and if my add is OK ??
Check out Jegs for the GS series. I didn't have the IUP so I'm not able to change the dash lights like the some of you and I wanted it to match. I'm picky, glad they had the GS style.
Old 4/13/08, 10:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ray: As soon as I get the Ultralites off, we can plan on your installs. I already have the Steeda UDP's ready to go for you.
Gimmie... gimmie... gimmie...!!!
Old 4/13/08, 11:23 PM

When the time comes, I was thinking of selling my Bullitts and tires for around 6 bills. From what I've seen lately, the factory Bullitts don't pull in the money like they used to.
As for the pulleys, give them a wash and spiff them up a bit, then re-post new pics. A little visual goes a long way.. JMHO. Price for the UDP's seem on par with the market.

Yeah I went with Autometer GS guages. A/F and full electric boost/vac guages. The GS series matches the stock guages perfectly.
Cool!

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Gimmie... gimmie... gimmie...!!!
Down boy.. down.
Old 4/14/08, 08:20 AM

Getting ready to leave for Vortech... stay tuned.
Old 4/14/08, 08:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I bet Jonco's install is completed before Bill's.......

OK seriously though, good luck to both of you.

Trooper, that is really odd that your car does not appear to be lacking fuel. You didn't install a 2nd piggy-back stock pump or nothing? Just injectors? Weird......
Old 4/14/08, 09:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Good Luck Bill. I'm sure that the fitting will be no problem, but the lack of comprehensive instructions for the BAP would have me very worried.

Originally Posted by tom281
I bet Jonco's install is completed before Bill's.......

OK seriously though, good luck to both of you.

Trooper, that is really odd that your car does not appear to be lacking fuel. You didn't install a 2nd piggy-back stock pump or nothing? Just injectors? Weird......
Heck, at this rate I could have mine installed and complete before Bill or JonCo
(probably not though).

Tom1
Car sounds great. Didn't hear the pop-off valve, just exhaust and motor. I bet in person it's another story. I'd add to the fuel pump debate, but I don't have enough experience with FI and anything close to these cars. Conventional wisdom would suggest that you would need more power/psi than the stock pump will put out and you have evidence contrary... so either way I have no friggin idea.

Mine, not to rub it in Bill, will be the GT500 pumps so, with luck, fuel delivery won't be an issue or a mystery for me.

Can you believe I drop my car off in Three days !!!!!!!!

Last edited by habu; 4/14/08 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)