General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/08, 10:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Cool pictures Bill I'm glad you didn't post the one with me nawing on da BONE.

Jed

A few pics of the grub and crew...

Old 4/12/08, 03:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Looks Great Bill

what's your opinion guys, too much or to low....
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=466731
Sounds about right.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Thanks guys!!!

Let me just cut to the chase....

Note: Only 1 issue noted, the oil feed line fitting into the SC has a tiny oil leak (about 1 drop in 10 mins), just needs to be tightened a bit more. And that's it! Rest appears to be stable and functioning properly. Next test is the road and drivability test (the fun one).
Can't wait to see the test drive vid.

1 small issue with that oil feed line leak from this afternoon..
The small brass fitting that threads into the blower to the union (which attaches to the oil feed line) has a hairline crack in it.
If we can't locate a replacement brass fitting tomorrow, this will be the stopper until I can get a hold of Vortech Monday morning for a replacement.

This sucks.

Originally Posted by JonCo
BIll, Sorry to hear about your small leak. Hopefully you can get that straighten out soon.

So I've been talking to the guy about his spoiler delete trunk WHICH he also has the rear GT logo and key hole shaved and he wants $100. Shipping is where I'm getting screwed since he's shipping to my residential. Shipping is $150. So it seems like $250 gets me a spoiler delete trunk with the shaved gt logo. What do you all think?
Not bad considering getting the holes filled and decklid repainted on your current one would cost you double.
Old 4/12/08, 04:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Not bad considering getting the holes filled and decklid repainted on your current one would cost you double.
We must have some nicely priced shops around here, I don't think it would be $500 to get that done locally.
Old 4/12/08, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man... Jed goes to Arizona and did everybody go with him?

Get your replacement part Bill?
Old 4/12/08, 10:54 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
+2!!
Great time with the crew!

Me and my Sister Sledge havin' a Black & Tan

The Crew

is in your hand Jed???

John the Banker!

Do we know how to party or what?

Dessert at CPK

POTR Choir in action

Group shot

Ray the Model!
looks like fun, You and your sister look alot alike. And I like the pic of the crew...you can see four beers, and only one is nearing empty, haha! The POTR choir definately shouldnt enter any competitions

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Man... Jed goes to Arizona and did everybody go with him?

Get your replacement part Bill?
Apparently they did, I've been gone all day, and was expecting a nice few posts when I got back...sucks about the fitting Bill, you've waited this long, whats another few days?

An eternity

On a side note, I got a pretty sweet Mustang hat toady, for $10!
Anyone else ever get drivers sunburn...from hanging your left arm out the window?

Last edited by StangMahn; 4/12/08 at 10:56 PM.
Old 4/12/08, 11:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Live from Arizona!

I found a un-secure network so I have internet access! What's up? Ray I went here solo unfortunately The house looks in good shape, but there's still some work to do before it goes on the market. Took 5.5 hours to get here from Cali. I saw some sweet mustangs on the road, I wish I had the ROUSH so I could kick some AZZ! I'll post some pictures Sunday. I just unloaded the Highlander it's Lowes in the morning!

Weather here is great just like Cali sunny but not to hot.

Jed
Old 4/12/08, 11:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Anyone watch the race tonight? I was bummed out when I saw JJ dropped down to 11th place with only 60 or so to go. It was a nailbiting experience though at the end seeing if he'd make it on gas. Sucked that Dale lost it at the end though.
Old 4/12/08, 11:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Where is everyone?

Maybe at Pinks?

Hey someone post something mustang related. Not a fish stick, or shank Maybe the clan is at Kings Hawaiian? I miss dessert right now .

I think Stage 3 Mortorsports is in Arizona maybe on Monday I'll stop by there if they have a showroom. Anything out here that is mustang related other than the Ford dealer? Bueller...Bueller?

Jed

Old 4/13/08, 12:33 AM
Cobra Member

Bueller went awol...No word from Bill on his part so I hope that no news is Bill heading out to his secret testing grounds to make yet another video that will make us lesser mortals drool with envy... I am rootin for ya Bill!

Well, it's offical. I head back in the morning, Be leaving my so cool SoCal friends. i sure did enjoy parting with you and meeting everyone. Should I get out here again I will surely look ya'll up.

And Jed... Be careful... Lowes is addicting. Less money for the Mustang Mods!
Old 4/13/08, 12:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a busy day..... And hot too, probably not Arizona hot, but still. It just saps all your energy when it's 95 outside.

Mustang related, I can do that. Rear Tires, apparently the rear weights when the way of the coo-coo immediately or shortly after the initial install. There were no weights on the wheels when I took the car in this morning. It's got weights now, but I have not had a chance to take it up to cruising speed. The jury is still out.

Burn-outs are noisy and harder to do now, can still do em though. All noise and no smoke . At a stop I can get the rpms up to about 2500 and drop the clutch and the tires bark a little but then grab. Before anything over 1500 and I'd sit still spinning 'em. Can't imagine what I'd do if I lowered the pressure down to about 18-20 psi. Word at the track is that if any hope of a street tire hooking that's where you need to be.

Bill... so what's the outlook. Parts or no parts. BAP in and running... any test ?? you're killing me larry.... I mean Bill.

John it was great meeting you finally and joining in the So Cal fun. I hope we made your trip a little more enjoyable. Hope you have a safe flight back.

Leo. Blech JJ won. Still a good race, not so much the procession that some can be. Didn't see what happened to Jr ??

Last edited by habu; 4/13/08 at 12:57 AM.
Old 4/13/08, 01:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by habu
Bill... so what's the outlook. Parts or no parts. BAP in and running... any test ?? you're killing me larry.... I mean Bill.
Couldn't get a replacement fitting today.
Hector had his hand on one (literally) at Brothers Performance in Corona, but they didn't want to seperate the kit and sell it to him; he even offered them $100 cash!

No option but to wait til Monday and see if I can pick one up straight from Vortech in Oxnard (2 hour drive).

To top things off, I scratched my head trying to understand KB's crappy instructions on how to hook up the Boost-A-Pump. They have 2 crappy B&W pics of a SN95 of it being located 'somewhere' in the trunk next to the fuel pump inertia cut-off switch. Problem is, our cut-off switch in the S197 is located at the Drivers side kick panel!

Only good thing today is the gauges are coming together.

This day was a waste.

Busted cheap oversea brass fitting

Vortech proprietary fitting.. of course.

Gauge pod teaser

I wasn't going to post this, but meh... camcorder recording of the actual 1st start-up.
link

Last edited by TacoBill; 4/13/08 at 01:55 AM. Reason: sp
Old 4/13/08, 05:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

To top things off, I scratched my head trying to understand KB's crappy instructions on how to hook up the Boost-A-Pump. They have 2 crappy B&W pics of a SN95 of it being located 'somewhere' in the trunk next to the fuel pump inertia cut-off switch. Problem is, our cut-off switch in the S197 is located at the Drivers side kick panel!
Tried to find the fitting but no luck
Found this pic, hope it helps

Old 4/13/08, 05:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Bueller went awol...No word from Bill on his part so I hope that no news is Bill heading out to his secret testing grounds to make yet another video that will make us lesser mortals drool with envy... I am rootin for ya Bill!

Well, it's offical. I head back in the morning, Be leaving my so cool SoCal friends. i sure did enjoy parting with you and meeting everyone. Should I get out here again I will surely look ya'll up.

And Jed... Be careful... Lowes is addicting. Less money for the Mustang Mods!
Great meeting you John! Have a safe trip!
Old 4/13/08, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Bill, my KB BAP module and potentiometer were both mounted in the spare tire well, at the very back on the driver's side. Just FYI.
Old 4/13/08, 08:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Tried to find the fitting but no luck
Found this pic, hope it helps

Is this our stock fuel pump? It looks like something out of C3PO

Jed
Old 4/13/08, 10:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Bill, my KB BAP module and potentiometer were both mounted in the spare tire well, at the very back on the driver's side. Just FYI.
Tom, do you know where the BAP module taps into?

I peeled back both sides of the carpet (Drv/Pass) in the trunk and all I see is fender, no electrical nothing. Could it be located behind the plastic cover where all the wiring for the taillights are?

Note: Of course I tried to call Brenspeed yesterday, but they closed at 12pm (est), and it was like 2pm on the westcoast.
Then I tried calling Voretch Support.. what a joke. Busy signal everytime I called (like over 20x).

I posted this BAP question in MF, maybe I'll open a thread in the GT section here.

George: I'm 100% the fuel pump does not get removed to hook up the BAP. Thanks for looking though.
Old 4/13/08, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Sorry Bill, no I don't know and I now have the GT500 fuel system which is no help to you.

Brenspeed will be open at 8am tomorrow morning, which is like 5am your time I believe.
Old 4/13/08, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

here's a few more links that may help

http://www.kennebell.net/media/artic..._That_Pump.pdf

http://www.kennebell.net/media/articles/FUELPUMP.pdf

http://www.kennebell.net/media/artic...WFORENSICS.pdf
Old 4/13/08, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

George: I'm 100% the fuel pump does not get removed to hook up the BAP. Thanks for looking though.
I got it from here
http://www.modularfords.com/?p=17
Old 4/13/08, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Bill,
I guess your not the only one with a problem with the brass fitting.....

A note about the feed line - Be very careful when tightening the line, as this is what can result. This is the sprayer nozzle that sprays oil onto the gears inside the blower. It comes pre-installed, but it is VERY fragile.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)