General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/08, 10:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It just seems so weird seeing Toyota as a manufacturer. I remember watching CART when it was Chevy and Ford and then Honda and eventually Toyota came along and they said it would happen in CART but never in NASCAR. Rednecks wouldn't accept it. Well they were wrong. But so help me if Ford ever leaves and someone like Honda comes in, I'm done. I really don't like Toyota there but at least they're outnumbered.
Old 4/7/08, 10:50 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by habu
So here is a fun shot....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...ang_156322.htm

I think it's psracer's car... mine won't be this good but does it make me want it NOW
That is fast. What does that translate to like an 11 second car at about 120?
Old 4/7/08, 11:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It just seems so weird seeing Toyota as a manufacturer. I remember watching CART when it was Chevy and Ford and then Honda and eventually Toyota came along and they said it would happen in CART but never in NASCAR. Rednecks wouldn't accept it. Well they were wrong. But so help me if Ford ever leaves and someone like Honda comes in, I'm done. I really don't like Toyota there but at least they're outnumbered.
Yeah. The thing that bothers me is that Toyota has a spokesperson in DW as one of the primary commenters. The other Mfgs don't have this advantage of a salesman broadcasting every race. IMO. Ford or Chevy leaves and I'm out. I certainly miss the golden era of CART... that was a great series to watch. Back when the Indy 500 meant something.
Truth be told.... I'd rather watch a NHRA race. Definitely would go to an NHRA event before NASCAR.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
That is fast. What does that translate to like an 11 second car at about 120?
I have no idea but it's fun to watch over and over.
Old 4/7/08, 11:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=habu;5545093] I didn't say Petty because he simply was the king of the sport for so long and as much as I liked Favre he didn't obtain that status in the NFL. IMO [quote]

I'd agree with that. As much a I like Favre I can't see he's much higher than 5-6 on the list of best QB's ever. Mainly because he only got one ring. Yeah he ended up with the most wins and all the records but the rings supersede stats in my book as well as many others.

Originally Posted by kh765
Being a Bucs fan, I had too root against Favre many times. I was a Packers fan when I was really young and actually started to like Favre again towards the end simply out of respect.
Ahhh... the good ol' days when I'd look foward to the "battle of the bays". It was always a great game to watch. Especially the verbal exchanges between Favre and Sapp.
Old 4/8/08, 12:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<edit>
I now officially have a date for when I go FI.. Just scheduled the dates. I drop the car off on the 17th and pick it up on the 18th after work.

Oh Yeah

Nothing like some Whipple goodness to brighten your day.
Car will probably look like heck for Knott's but I won't care
</edit>

Geez that seems so far away but man I cannot freaking wait

Congrats Brian! Can't wait to see it, hear it. that's 3 SC's this year humm who's next?

Jed
Old 4/8/08, 12:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Interesting gauge setup. Wouldn't do it myself but must admit it's a pretty clean setup.
http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=66845

How about some stick on fender vents?
http://www.calmuscleparts.com/store/...29890C235.aspx

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/8/08 at 12:23 AM.
Old 4/8/08, 05:43 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^haha, univeral 1978-2008
Old 4/8/08, 08:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Made it back from the cruise in one piece!

All my booze got confiscated during baggage check-in.
(except for the 3 shooter viles that Jed gave me )

Good news is I got my booze back when I returned yesterday.

Pics coming soon...

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
So who will be the next one to get A47 mirrors? Bill?
Well, I was hoping one of you guys scored a free set from Stillen. Oh well! A set of A47 mirrors will be coming soon, but I still have my eyes set on new wheels & tires first.

Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
Thanks for the warm welcome today! You guys took us in and made us feel right at home from the start.
Hey Dan & Ashley! Sorry I missed partying with you guys; hope to see y'all at Knotts!

Originally Posted by superfly s197
281rwhp 290rwtq with only an o/r H.
Congrats on the numbers Luis!

Always good to have baseline numbers.

I was good.. no Pirates.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Leo's ride on the dyno...

Arrive Portilllos Dogs & Gorgs! Bill look what you missed j/k

Sunday Beam & Glass - A47 mirrors on the Roush & the FLY's ride...
Leo, what were your numbers?

Party @Portillos... you guys suck.

Jed & Luis: A47 mirrors look great!

Originally Posted by USMC0341
The shaker/supercharger is calling my name

Pj on the dyno

Good numbers George!

Now, bump them up another 150 or so HP and get the Shaker SC!

I now officially have a date for when I go FI.. Just scheduled the dates. I drop the car off on the 17th and pick it up on the 18th after work.

Oh Yeah
Congrats Brian!

Will be a Monster fo sho'!!!
Old 4/8/08, 09:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=TacoBill;5545245]
I was good.. no Pirates.

Leo, what were your numbers? [quote]

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Story time-

I wasn't planning on getting the car dynoed but got caught up in the moment and decided why not. Here's where things start to go bad. First off the idiot running the dyno and driving my car isn't prepared for the power of 4.10's and chirps the tires while reversing on to the dyno. Then on the way up the ramps they bottom it out. Luckily no damage. It get's worse. Then they start the first pull. Numbers 260 something. So I'm like WTF!!!! (I had the car dynoed at JBA with only tune and intake and got 282/305.) So I go ask the guy what gear he had it in. He says 3rd. So I tell him lock it into 4th. He says NO auto's in 3rd manual's in 4th. I told him WRONG. He refused to listen and did the last two pulls with the same results. By this time I was fuming and wanted to kill the guy. So anyways I wait for the car to come back off. So I go find Page and tell him about my problem. Him and I guess his head mechanic agree that it should've been done in 4th. So I ask if it can be redone. The DICK on the dyno (I'm guessing he's not part of Stillen.) says no that he won't do it. So long story short they refund me my money and I have no Idea what my real numbers are. Last time I get the car dynoed there.

Page and his guys were cool about the whole thing. The dicks at the dyno remain dicks.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/8/08 at 09:10 AM.
Old 4/8/08, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leo, don't hold back or anything. We're all friends, you can tell us how you really feel.

Dyno guys = morons. I don't blame you at all. The best part is at least Page got your money back... another TMSer... nyvolt(or something, the guy with the Beyond wheels) did the dyno, got the number and then realized that they did it in 3rd and stopped at 100mph (auto trans). Problem is he realized this yesterday and too late. They told him that he should have brought it up at the time. Which, IMO, is bad business. So it's very good you complained and rightly so, otherwise you would have been in the same situation.

Welcome back Bill. There is about 10 pages in the last couple of days including about 3 about NASCAR...
Old 4/8/08, 10:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, don't hold back or anything. We're all friends, you can tell us how you really feel.

Dyno guys = morons. I don't blame you at all. The best part is at least Page got your money back... another TMSer... nyvolt(or something, the guy with the Beyond wheels) did the dyno, got the number and then realized that they did it in 3rd and stopped at 100mph (auto trans). Problem is he realized this yesterday and too late. They told him that he should have brought it up at the time. Which, IMO, is bad business. So it's very good you complained and rightly so, otherwise you would have been in the same situation.

Welcome back Bill. There is about 10 pages in the last couple of days including about 3 about NASCAR...
Sorry it's just all the emotions came rushing back in as I relived it in my mind.
Good thing I complained then or I would've been out $75 for inaccurate numbers.

I'm sure Bill will skip right past the 3 NASCAR pages.
Old 4/8/08, 10:44 AM
Post *****

Sorry it's just all the emotions came rushing back in as I relived it in my mind.
Good thing I complained then or I would've been out $75 for inaccurate numbers.

That sucks about the dyno. It kind of scares you, I think your lucky you got your car back in one piece from the sound of it.

Bill doesn't like NASCAR...oh well maybe he can read and learn something. I know I've learned alot from him. Consider it a small reimbursement.
Old 4/8/08, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
First off the idiot running the dyno and driving my car isn't prepared for the power of 4.10's and chirps the tires while reversing on to the dyno. Then on the way up the ramps they bottom it out. Luckily no damage. .
Well what really happened was that the ramps slid underneath your car wedging it in between the car and the lift. The car was stuck thats why the tires were spinning! By the time you came over they had unstuck the ramp. I thought you saw that, I saw you looking for damage so I thought everything was cool!
Page is cool, but why raffle items off that you don't have?? I didn't get the CAI not that I need it but even Steve didn't get the watt's link
Old 4/8/08, 11:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Made it back from the cruise in one piece!
Glad you made it back!

No s/c for me! that's it! If I have to spend another 7K on top of the 55K I have already spent...F*** That!
It's almost been a year and that purchase price it still chapping my hide.
I keep looking at other things I could have bought for the same price range
Hell I could have bought TWO Mustang GT deluxe for that price, one to mod and one to drive

Even a gt500 and a kia

Word of advice...don't buy a car with your heart

OK I'm done..got that off my chest....I'm going to sleep
Old 4/8/08, 11:53 AM

I did!

Sorry guys, nascar isn't my cup of tea.. kinda like football.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Glad you made it back!

Word of advice...don't buy a car with your heart
I literally drank myself silly in Mexico... and loved every minute of it!
Had a coupon for 4 tequila shots & 5 (or 6?.. I forgot!) Dos XX beers in a party bucket for $20 at Papas & Beer!!

Have no regrets on your ride George, the PJ is one awesome car~!
Heck, I could've bought a ScionB and pimped it out to no end, but I'm glad I got what I got, and you should too.
Old 4/8/08, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Hey Dan & Ashley! Sorry I missed partying with you guys; hope to see y'all at Knotts!
You'll probably see me out there buddy!
Old 4/8/08, 12:01 PM
Cobra Member

Glad to have you back Bill. sounds like a fun time.

George - never regret it. The PJ is awesome
Old 4/8/08, 12:07 PM

Vortech update...

I am within days of 1st start.

All fluids (P-Steering, Coolant, and oil) will be filled today, coolant lines still need to be clamped, PCV lines off camcover needs to be routed and clamped.

As George knows, doing things aircraft quality takes time and that's the reason why it appears like it's going at a snails pace. Hector told me that he's amazed how Vortech didn't think out the installation/engineering out better from all the riding, rubbing, ill-fitting conditions he's encountering.

All that's basically left is to hook up the BAP and gauges. We both feel very confident that I'll be driving home my baby this Saturday.

Here's some pics.. note: All the marriage clamps you see are not included in the kit as well as various hoses and clamps that needed to be bought or trimmed to suite my installation.

Old 4/8/08, 12:17 PM
Cobra R Member

That really sucks Leo. That's why I'm glad I have Justin at VMP around here if I ever need to get my car dynoed.

Lookin good Bill.
Old 4/8/08, 12:54 PM

Cruise pics!

Just a snapshot of the cruise.

Yeah, I had a few drinks!

And one for Leo.. a signed Favre jersey.

Last edited by TacoBill; 4/9/08 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)