General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/08, 03:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
^proof that there is a god? I think so
Oh yeah proof there is a God! And proof that God is a guy!
Old 4/4/08, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Now does it work with the Factory Nav unit ????
I was about to pull the trigger on this until I read this

IMPORTANT APPLICATION NOTES:

Connects to the 16-pin connector at the rear of the factory radio.
NOT compatible if equipped with factory navigation.
NOT compatible if equipped with factory satellite option.
NOT compatible if equipped with factory DVD (RSE) equipment.
MUST have the "AUX" button on radio.
Compatible with the iPOD mini, G3, G4, iPOD nano, and iPOD video. Not compatible with the iPOD shuffle.
Fits the following satellite-ready CAN-Bus Vehicles
That sucks, I guess I could put the shaker 500 back in
Old 4/4/08, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Oh yeah proof there is a God! And proof that God is a guy!
mercedes terrell..
Old 4/4/08, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
I was about to pull the trigger on this until I read this

That sucks, I guess I could put the shaker 500 back in
I thought you had the factory aux connection?
Old 4/4/08, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

New video of saleen's shaker/supercharger

I guess the production unit will be on display at the knotts show. I hope they have some pricing on this unit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1-XiCVCt8

Last edited by USMC0341; 4/4/08 at 05:08 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I thought you had the factory aux connection?
I do but I have no control of the ipod, it just plugs into the audio jack, so I cant charge it either.
Old 4/4/08, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I guess the production unit will be on display at the knotts show. I hope they have some pricing on this unit.

http://www.modernmustangmuscle.com/v...rinaction.html
Man that twin screw whine is to die for. Looks like they need some prothane motor mounts on that thing.

I do but I have no control of the ipod, it just plugs into the audio jack, so I cant charge it either.
So the "brandmotion" one won't work for you either? Worse case scenario just buy yourself an ipod charger.
Old 4/4/08, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Man that twin screw whine is to die for. Looks like they need some prothane motor mounts on that thing.

So the "brandmotion" one won't work for you either? Worse case scenario just buy yourself an ipod charger.
It does sound great! I hear they will be taking orders at knotts,so..

That is a good idea Leo, as there is that 12v plug right next to it. I have to look into the
brandmotion unit, I'm kinda wary as it did work out for Brian.
Old 4/4/08, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Funny thread. The last 4-6 posts are hilarious.
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_48711..._2/key_/tm.htm
Old 4/4/08, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Jed took me flying once and he even let me take the stick. It was a blast!

Jed, wait 'till Memorial Day or Father's Day. There will be a ton of sales.
Maybe I can find out when the best sale for that will be I have record of the sales for the next 3-4 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1-XiCVCt8
I'm not sold on the air intake being so open. How does it prevent water from entering? Other then that its the cleanest look you'll get IMO. Sounds great too!

S/C Update: I wont go too far into detail except to say between Jegs and Fedex I'm not sure who has worse customer service. Both of them pointing fingers at one other not taking any responsability for the problems which have come up. I asked for a stop deliever the day after I ordered. Long story short the order ended up at my house and fedex said they were going to page the guy to come back in route to pick-up. No such luck.

So no credit to my card untill who knows when. I have to wait till Tuesday to send it out through a pre-paid postage and wait for it to get to Jegs and wait for a credit. Luckily, being only 20 and living at home still has its perks. Parents are willing to pick the tab up and pay the guages and install on time of pickup.

On a happier note SOS is a PLEASURE to deal with. Spoke with an Allen and they really candid people. I just wish they sold more products to buy from them. Again, nothing but a pleasure in a mess of order confusion.

And again back to reality. After some interesting phone calls and e-mails... I'm still on for the install this coming Wednesday. Assuming we're good. Saturday I should have this whole headache behind.
Old 4/4/08, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
S/C Update:....
Well I hope all your problems get resolved quickly Jon, I cant wait to see pics of your set up
Old 4/4/08, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I guess you aren't going to the show tomorrow then Jon?
Old 4/4/08, 09:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I like Ray's work on this particular photo!
Ray !
If she ever needs a beautiful Blue car to model next to, you have my number, right ?

It does sound great! I hear they will be taking orders at knotts,so..

That is a good idea Leo, as there is that 12v plug right next to it. I have to look into the
brandmotion unit, I'm kinda wary as it did work out for Brian.
The Brandmotion unit works, kinda. There is a 3-second delay from going from say playlist > Artist > song... it's weird. The problem is that "some" early 07s, mine for sure, doesn't have the correct firmware and causes the iPod box/connection not to work correctly. The resolution for which is either send your unit to Saleen in Mich. and they *might* be able to reflash the firmware or buy an aftermarket radio.
The kludgy interface turned me off then it didn't want to work right... Had it in the car a day.

Oh yeah.... the little pocket that the iPod goes into and hangs on the side of the glove box (not the iPod itself) is at an angle that the glove box doesn't close without brushing the pocket thingy. hate to say it but on the whole deal. Seek out the thread that KC started and there is a youtuube or two of one of the installees and they are operating it... you'll see the weird interface. I'll post it once I get home.

Originally Posted by JonCo
Maybe I can find out when the best sale for that will be I have record of the sales for the next 3-4 weeks.

I'm not sold on the air intake being so open. How does it prevent water from entering? Other then that its the cleanest look you'll get IMO. Sounds great too!

S/C Update: I wont go too far into detail except to say between Jegs and Fedex I'm not sure who has worse customer service. Both of them pointing fingers at one other not taking any responsability for the problems which have come up. I asked for a stop deliever the day after I ordered. Long story short the order ended up at my house and fedex said they were going to page the guy to come back in route to pick-up. No such luck.

So no credit to my card untill who knows when. I have to wait till Tuesday to send it out through a pre-paid postage and wait for it to get to Jegs and wait for a credit. Luckily, being only 20 and living at home still has its perks. Parents are willing to pick the tab up and pay the guages and install on time of pickup.

On a happier note SOS is a PLEASURE to deal with. Spoke with an Allen and they really candid people. I just wish they sold more products to buy from them. Again, nothing but a pleasure in a mess of order confusion.

And again back to reality. After some interesting phone calls and e-mails... I'm still on for the install this coming Wednesday. Assuming we're good. Saturday I should have this whole headache behind.
Really sorry to hear that Jon. There is nothing I hate more than poor customer service. I really want to see it in action.

S/C Update
so I guess it's my turn.

I am waiting for ST Motorsports to return my call and set a date. My wheels/tires *should* be installed Wed/Thurs next week.

After my rant last night, I got the check today and the funds are entirely available to me as of tomorrow morning. Figures. This is when things start happening fast, or faster than they have before.

Keeping my fingers crossed !!!!
pretty soon it'll be.....

Last edited by habu; 4/4/08 at 09:16 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Socal crew- Won't be at C&C tomorrow. Reason being I'm in SD not Hawthorne. So I'll be taking off from SD at about 7 tomorrow morning. I'll call as I'm getting closer so that maybe we can all pull into Stillen together. Which reminds me I only have Brians and Bill's numbers. George, Jed, Ray please send me your #.

Good thing is I'm driving the stang. She won't be "show" ready at all but that's cool with me. (Not really it's nawing at me but I'm not going to go out and clean the car right now. So it is what it is.)

Brian- Congrats on the upcoming S/C and wheels.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 4/4/08 at 09:17 PM.
Old 4/4/08, 11:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Did you guys catch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4oSZ...n=nascar,75258

Old 4/5/08, 12:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man

Wow that goes to show you how safe those cars are now. Can't believe he just got out the car and walked away from a horrific crash like that.

Good night. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 4/5/08, 12:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Socal crew- Won't be at C&C tomorrow. Reason being I'm in SD not Hawthorne. So I'll be taking off from SD at about 7 tomorrow morning. I'll call as I'm getting closer so that maybe we can all pull into Stillen together. Which reminds me I only have Brians and Bill's numbers. George, Jed, Ray please send me your #.

Good thing is I'm driving the stang. She won't be "show" ready at all but that's cool with me. (Not really it's nawing at me but I'm not going to go out and clean the car right now. So it is what it is.)

Brian- Congrats on the upcoming S/C and wheels.
PM sent w/ C-#

See you there Leo we plan to leave C & C @ 8:30 a.m. give us a ring if we haven't hooked up at C & C.

Jed
Old 4/5/08, 01:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok Brian, I made you a new poster.

Nice head lights!
Old 4/5/08, 01:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ricky & Ronnies the other 1/2 of the Roll Away

Well last night Bill & Kevin helped me get my Craftsman Roll Away as we put it together we found a dent in the top chest. So tonight Luis and I picked up a new replacement and we took a visit to Ricky & Ronnies few pict's of the evening.

Jed

Ah the Craftsman Roll Away

We saw a nice nice BOSS 302!

Looks like our A47 mirrors...

LUIS!

Small world Luis went to school with this cutie

This Bud's 4U! LUIS

Last edited by JedCranium; 4/5/08 at 01:19 AM.
Old 4/5/08, 01:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats Jed. Looks sweet.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)