General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/08, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
For me 20" are just too big and will weigh too much. Granted some wheel look better in 20s they're just not for me from what I've seen.
Same here Brian. I think some 20s look good, but most look pretty awkward on our cars. I think 18s are perfect for me.
Old 3/23/08, 05:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
The rim diameter has nothing to do with the wheel gap. Are you planning on getting tires with a smaller sidewall?

A 255/45-18 will have the same wheel gap as a 295/30-20, or a 255/35-20. All of those are 27.0 inches high and will have the exact same wheel gap.
I agree Tom. I'm not sure exactly what width, sidewall ratio I'll end up with, but I'll try and keep the tire profile the same to slightly less, but not wider.

What I meant was with the larger wheel, I don't like the current wheel well gap. My goal is just to close it up a bit.

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Bill - you're a madman Crazier than Jed

Chris is going to have his hands full
No one is crazier than Jed!

And yeah, Chris will have his hands full in more ways than one.

Originally Posted by habu
So you're defecting, or planning to...

what's the point of pouring that amount of cash into the car to have it for only a couple of years ?
That's the direction I'd like to go too, a C6 (or C7) Vette. But don't fret, the Tacomobile will live on in the hands of Taco Jr.!
Old 3/23/08, 06:03 PM

20" wheels

As of now, most of the wheel I like, I've only seen on the internet or print. I'm hoping to see the following wheels in person at the Knotts show (being the largest show in CA).

(all in 20's and staggered)
Shelby Razors (chrome and bright silver)
Foose Nitrous (chrome)
Shelby CS69 (chrome)
Shelby Redlines (chrome)

Hopefully after seeing these in person, I'll be able to come to a decision quickly.
And to note, the above wheels just don't look right in 18's.

This is also setting me up to run 14" rotors and big calipers in the future.

20's aren't for everyone, heck.. it wasn't for me just a month ago. But, I think I want to take my car in the direction of performance and the big 'Wow!' factor.

Examples of what I'm after...

Eibach Pro Kit, 20x9 +24 Razors

Drop a little too radical (Eibach Sportlines), but you can see what a Torch Red w/white stripes and 20" silver Razors look like.
Old 3/23/08, 06:48 PM
Cobra R Member

I really hope you end up going with the CS69s Bill. I think those are really sharp wheels.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Drop a little too radical (Eibach Sportlines), but you can see what a Torch Red w/white stripes and 20" silver Razors look like.
That looks photoshopped for some reason...
Old 3/23/08, 07:31 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I actually like that look, though Im not big on the Razors...and 20 inchers

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I love being the genesis to other people's mods I'd go lower if I could but all of these step curves and speed bumps out here really put a damper on good looks and functionality. Right now I'm pretty pleased where my wheels sit in relation to the wheel wells/ aka body of the car. It's strange sometimes it's perfect most of the time seems like the gaps a little bigger other days. I think when I have a passenger (usually Kevin) and a full load of fuel I'm in the zone. I wish they made coilovers that you could adjust via electrical or air on the fly for any condition. Maybe in 2010 Stangs will have active suspension who knows we can only dream. Hopefully by then I'm driving a Z06 anyway!

Hahahah... Zoom Zoom Zoom!

Jed

I hope you mean you'll be driving both!
Old 3/23/08, 07:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Been riding 20's for almost a year now. What ever performance loss you get from the 20's is going to be offset by the S/C. They dont weigh much more then stock wheels, I dont know why everyone attacks the weight.

Truth being said is there deff is a difference in ride comfort being lwoered and riding on 20's. Bill might beat me to the d-specs and lower/wheel combo. I dont know when I'll get the d-specs. Maybe in May sometime. I cant imagine being any lower to the ground though and how much stiffer the ride would get. But it isn't your DD so it will look good. Chris will have to suck it up when he gets the stang, haha.

But I'm confident the d-specs should take the rough ride of the lower... They'd better

I may sell my current rims sometime next year and jump into some Shelby Redlines to accomodate a real brake system. Something I never thought about when buying my current rims. Live and learn

Last edited by JonCo; 3/23/08 at 07:58 PM.
Old 3/23/08, 08:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
I may sell my current rims sometime next year and jump into some Shelby Redlines to accomodate a real brake system. Something I never thought about when buying my current rims. Live and learn
Because of my Mach 1 theme, I have been debating on selling my current rims and getting these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-0...spagenameZWDVW

I would get the 18" version, but I can't find them right now. They were available before, and if I knew I was going to get the Shaker, I would definitely have bought the 18" Mach 1 rims over the black bullitts.
Old 3/23/08, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Those would look good. Or I kinda like those hubcap style rims that are out. Not sure who makes them but they look unique.

Little off topic, not sure if I should bother entering my car in the show since I'm not sure I'll have it for the show. I may just go to the show and enjoy...
Old 3/23/08, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by kh765

That looks photoshopped for some reason...
It is. I copied it from a post in the Exterior Mod thread.

I've been going after the 'chrome' theme, but these silver Razors, like David, kinda catch my eye.

Anyone else like this combo?

Last edited by TacoBill; 3/23/08 at 10:10 PM.
Old 3/23/08, 10:19 PM

Yup, PM'd him right after the first guy replied, not sure if he wants both or one.
Crap, I'm #2 in line for the Eibach Pro's.. the #1 guy asked to wait til tomorrow for final decision.

Guess I'll find out for sure by tomorrow.
Old 3/23/08, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish they made coilovers that you could adjust via electrical or air on the fly for any condition. Maybe in 2010 Stangs will have active suspension who knows we can only dream.
Well then you need one of these...

The Citroen! This was the car my couple drove away in after the wedding yesterday. The body of the car is raised by the touch of a lever by hydraulic shocks and it automatically adjusts for different weight and bumps on the fly. It's like an old school low rider!

Bill, I've never completely like the look of the Razors. They look like a bunch of stamped sheet metal welded together. My two cents.

Last edited by Ray Man; 3/23/08 at 10:43 PM.
Old 3/23/08, 11:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Bill, I've never completely like the look of the Razors. They look like a bunch of stamped sheet metal welded together. My two cents.
They just look to sharp to me. I don't like the lines of the wheels, too much going on.
Old 3/24/08, 12:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about these Bill?
Old 3/24/08, 01:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey Bill here is that 40th Ann Shelby with the 20 inch Razor I like the stance. I always liked the Razors but your choice for the CS69 wheel is more custom so deffinetly go with that.

Checkout this link from Ebay

Also checkout this site cool car gallery w/ Shelby wheel installed.

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/24/08 at 01:16 AM.
Old 3/24/08, 01:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Another Special Edition DG!

George checkout these links on the PJ

Last edited by JedCranium; 3/24/08 at 01:40 AM.
Old 3/24/08, 08:19 AM

How about these Bill?

They look like melted Bullitts.

I always liked the Razors but your choice for the CS69 wheel is more custom so deffinetly go with that.
That's what I'm thinking too, but they're the most expensive of the bunch.
Old 3/24/08, 08:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Because of my Mach 1 theme, I have been debating on selling my current rims and getting these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AFS-0...spagenameZWDVW

I would get the 18" version, but I can't find them right now. They were available before, and if I knew I was going to get the Shaker, I would definitely have bought the 18" Mach 1 rims over the black bullitts.
Those are the wheels I always secretly believed should be on your car. BTW might be interested in taking the black bullits off your hands.

I've been going after the 'chrome' theme, but these silver Razors, like David, kinda catch my eye.

Not sure that picture is the best to go off. Mainly because it's photoshopped and the red doesn't really look like a torch red. With that said though I say go CS69's they're the one's you really want and IMO the one's that will make your car different and give it the "wow" factor. The Shelby Razors might as well be Bullits because of the amount of people that have them. Nothing wrong with Bullits or Razors but since you want to be "different". One thing I will say is remeber that at car show's the CS69's might fall into the hate or love it category with voters.
Old 3/24/08, 09:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Pulled the trigger on the IPOD adapter below.

Got $20 (any order over $100) off the order from crutchfield with this coupon code 3A706. Got it for $149 shipped. Best part is if it doesn't work I can always get my money back.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 3/24/08 at 09:01 AM.
Old 3/24/08, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
With that said though I say go CS69's they're the one's you really want and IMO the one's that will make your car different and give it the "wow" factor.
Thanks for the input. Depending on what kind of deal I can get, the CS69 in chrome is at the top of the list.
Forget the carshow voters, if I want votes I'd get lambo doors.

I already told Luis, but I think I found a non-photoshopped pic of what combo I want.

Disregard the wheels, just showing 20's for reference.
Toyo Proxy4: 255/35 (27.0") & 295/30 (26.9")
Eibach Sportlines

Old 3/24/08, 09:38 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^That Red GT/CS with the black rims is definately one of the best looking cars on the forum that ive seen. It's a near perfect combo. That stance is going to look good. Maybe see if you cant get someone to photoshop the Shelby wheels on your car and lower it some, it may make your decision easier.

I ususally dont pick the razors over any other rim, but for some reason in the pic, they look great.

Well then you need one of these...

The Citroen! This was the car my couple drove away in after the wedding yesterday. The body of the car is raised by the touch of a lever by hydraulic shocks and it automatically adjusts for different weight and bumps on the fly. It's like an old school low rider!

A citroen? The suspension...

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Pulled the trigger on the IPOD adapter below.

Got $20 (any order over $100) off the order from crutchfield with this coupon code 3A706. Got it for $149 shipped. Best part is if it doesn't work I can always get my money back.
Crutchfields stuff usually works. We bought an entire setup for a car a while ago, and it works perfect.

Last edited by StangMahn; 3/24/08 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)