General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/08, 11:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Normal operating engine temp remains the same (185-195 from what you see), no matter what the size of the radiator. It's when the engine is taxed, and the radiator's inability to cool the coolant, is when you see a rise in engine temp. Correct?
Correct... it's just that if I'm still fine with a Turbo and the stock radiator, then you'll be fine. I've had no overheating issues at all... coolant, underhood, or otherwise.

I had to get an aluminum radiator in the '89 because the stock one couldn't handle the cooling needs.

Plus, like Leo said... nobody sees it!
Old 3/19/08, 11:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by NYNY53
Tom it almost looks like you guys know what you're doing.......................ALMOST
That's all that matters... that we LOOK like we know.

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
LOL!

Man, I am in the wrong business... Gets to hang out at DisneyWorld (I am a HUGE Disney fan) and stand around... Where do I sign up?!
The Casting Center... just have to move to FL!
Old 3/19/08, 12:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Casting Center... just have to move to FL!
I actually came >< close to moving to Florida a couple times... My best friend lives in Orlando and worked for the Mouse for a few years...

But I love the weather in California and couldn't get myself to leave! LOL! Maybe Disneyland has some standing around jobs available... LOL!
Old 3/19/08, 12:20 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
To be honest, I'm dissapointed by the Diney parks, the only rides for older people are that roller coaster in the Magic Kingdom, Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, The ride in Animal Kingdom, and test track. Not enough for my money...but it looks like working there would be simple enough

I like that radiator, but I wouldnt pay for it. You'll never see it, and the stock one is enough. That would be one of the mods for when you've done everything you really want, then go back and start looking what you can change later.
Old 3/19/08, 12:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Correct... it's just that if I'm still fine with a Turbo and the stock radiator, then you'll be fine. I've had no overheating issues at all... coolant, underhood, or otherwise.
Not trying to convince anyone otherwise (except myself! ), but just some facts about the Fluidyne vs the stock radiator..

(Per Fluidyne Tech Support)
The original radiator has a single row core, with approximately 3/4 inch tubes. So, the FLUIDYNE radiator has approximately twice the surface area for much more efficient heat transfer.

Among the advantages in using a FLUIDYNE radiator are the fact that it is a 2-row radiator with 1 inch tubes, so it has substantialy more surface area than a stock radiator. It is all aluminum with a furnace brazed core. It is a true Direct-Fit replacment, and will allow you to re-use all of the stock components, such as fan, etc.
Old 3/19/08, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

Not trying to convince anyone otherwise (except myself! ), but just some facts about the Fluidyne vs the stock radiator..

The original radiator has a single row core, with approximately 3/4 inch tubes. So, the FLUIDYNE radiator has approximately twice the surface area for much more efficient heat transfer.

Among the advantages in using a FLUIDYNE radiator are the fact that it is a 2-row radiator with 1 inch tubes, so it has substantialy more surface area than a stock radiator. It is all aluminum with a furnace brazed core. It is a true Direct-Fit replacment, and will allow you to re-use all of the stock components, such as fan, etc.
Probably will cool too much... then you won't get to the desired operating temp.
Old 3/19/08, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

To be honest, I'm dissapointed by the Diney parks, the only rides for older people are that roller coaster in the Magic Kingdom, Rock'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, The ride in Animal Kingdom, and test track. Not enough for my money...but it looks like working there would be simple enough
For more 'adult' oriented rides, Islands of Adventure is an awesome place! They have some cool coasters!

As for Disney, I like more the 'immersive' rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain... Stuff like that... I am a fan more for the atmosphere and the little touches... Disneyland is the best for that, but DisneyWorld has its fair share too... I could (and have) sat in like New Orleans Square or Tomorrowland and just watched the entertainment and people walk by... It's fun for me... I like shows too... I am sad though, cause this year is the first time in a few years I didn't get an annual Pass... But I am going to Disneyland in May and am hoping to change that...
Old 3/19/08, 12:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Here's what I do at work all day long... stand around:

Attachment 55466

I'm the good looking one in the middle.

"Hi, I'm Larry...... this is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl....."

sorry couldn't resist
Old 3/19/08, 12:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
But I love the weather in California and couldn't get myself to leave! LOL! Maybe Disneyland has some standing around jobs available... LOL!
We have plenty of those!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0117.jpg  
Old 3/19/08, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

We have plenty of those!
*That* is cool! How do I get the job of Mara Wrangler? LOL!
Old 3/19/08, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow Leo, you current profile sounds gansta.

Of course they're going to say that they're trying to sell it to you.
Old 3/19/08, 01:13 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
For more 'adult' oriented rides, Islands of Adventure is an awesome place! They have some cool coasters!

As for Disney, I like more the 'immersive' rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain... Stuff like that... I am a fan more for the atmosphere and the little touches... Disneyland is the best for that, but DisneyWorld has its fair share too... I could (and have) sat in like New Orleans Square or Tomorrowland and just watched the entertainment and people walk by... It's fun for me... I like shows too... I am sad though, cause this year is the first time in a few years I didn't get an annual Pass... But I am going to Disneyland in May and am hoping to change that...
I'd forgotten about Splash Mountain, that's good, and there's a smaller train ride.
I meant as far as Disney, Islands of Adventure is the best park I've ever been to. They have AWESOME stuff, Dueling Dragons, the Hulk, Spiderman...and the Mummy ride in Universal.
Originally Posted by USMC0341
We have plenty of those!
Nice pic George

As far as the radiator, unless you need it, I say hold off...it'll help you get the CS69's quicker!
Old 3/19/08, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by USMC0341
We have plenty of those!
Would it be possible to get the PJ inside the indie ride? Pretty cool if you could get a pic of the PJ on the bridge. Or how about in autotopia?
Old 3/19/08, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Islands of Adventure is the best park I've ever been to. They have AWESOME stuff, Dueling Dragons, the Hulk, Spiderman...and the Mummy ride in Universal.
All good rides! The Hulk actually surprised the heck out of me! Loved that ride! Have you ever gone for their Halloween stuff? Islands of Adventure/Universal does a great Halloween layover every year... They *finally* started doing it here on the west coast!
Old 3/19/08, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Would it be possible to get the PJ inside the indie ride? Pretty cool if you could get a pic of the PJ on the bridge. Or how about in autotopia?
That would be awesome! I just want a pic of mine in front of the castle... or the Haunted Mansion...

Of course, they are now working on a 'Carsland' for the California Adventure park...
Old 3/19/08, 02:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Of course they're going to say that they're trying to sell it to you.
I hear what you're saying guys, and I appreciate trying to save me... but it was too late.

On that note, I'm picking up the Fluidyne this Saturday!

Isn't that 'COOL'???
Old 3/19/08, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to get an aluminum radiator in the '89 because the stock one couldn't handle the cooling needs.

Plus, like Leo said... nobody sees it!
[nevermind]
I'd be more concerned about an intercooler for the summer months than the radiator. If anyone would be hotter it'd be Tom, then again it's not August/September yet. I know, I know you don't see the performance ROI for the intercooler, but I think the ROI is split between performance and engine health. Anything to lower the IAT. You know the direction I decided to go. [/nevermind]

Get the wheels/tires first, that will be an immediate need. The stockers just aren't gonna handle the extra power, heck they're barely capable with what you have now.

D-Land stuff, it's fun much better than the other two SoCal alternatives, Knott's & Magic Mountain. Knott's just hasn't kept up and MM is too far, too crowded and too much of a gang-land attraction for my money. D-Land still for me has that quality that none of them have, it all looks new and is maintaned very well. If I go somewhere it'd be the place. Although I haven't been to the CA adventure yet (I pretty much know the adventures of CA).

Last edited by habu; 3/19/08 at 02:45 PM.
Old 3/19/08, 03:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I hear what you're saying guys, and I appreciate trying to save me... but it was too late.

Isn't that 'COOL'???
Congrats. So what about the canton stuff? I don't see it in your sig.
Old 3/19/08, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
"Hi, I'm Larry...... this is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl....."

sorry couldn't resist

Dang, I'm one of the youngest dudes here and yet no one got my "Newhart" reference?

Isn't that 'COOL'???
Ah, you have the ability to talk yourself into anything. Shoulda saved the cash and got a 'cooled blower.

Old 3/19/08, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Guys, got the fusion key today, and "It Works" I was able to program it and all the remote functions work just have to get the key cut tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0160.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_0161.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)