Old 3/16/08, 09:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
I know he's going to hate that pic!
Old 3/16/08, 09:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good times yesterday. Thanks for having us over George. Install's took up the majority of the time but I still had a good time.

D-spec review

Driving home I had them set at 4 all around. After about 20minutes I pulled over and turned them to max soft which is 7 clicks. That got rid of the rough ride but made it a bit to "airy/floaty". I'm going to try 5 1/2 all around tomorrow and see if I like that. The sand in the panhard did the trick as I didn't hear any noise from the rearend. The steering shimmy I had during the test drive wasn't present a highway speeds. Haven't driven it since so I'll report back tomorrow and see if the shimmy is back at street speed. Eitherway I'll be taking it in for alignment this week.

With that said the difference between 4 click and 7 clicks was night and day. The adjustablility is way more noticeable than I thought it would be. Overall I'm glad I did this mod. Now I just need to get it dialed in and I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for the flattering pic George.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 3/16/08 at 09:55 PM.
Old 3/16/08, 09:57 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice FRPP flag George. Where did you guys locate the remote adjusters at for up front, just in the engine bay?
Old 3/16/08, 09:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
It's part of the kit. A tube get's removed off of the crossover casting and get's plugged.

Just came back from Hector's and so far, everything looks great!
The install is first rate, nothing being rushed.

Bad news.. it'll probably be another 2 weeks before it'll be 100% complete. He's leaving town later next week for a week. So, it'll be the beginning part of April before my D-Specs go in.

I took a few pics of the install so far, will post them later.
Man, sorry to hear about that Bill. But it's better to have it perfect than rushed and when it is done you'll be all the more happy

Hey, just realized that I hit 1500 posts !!! wow. I'm only several thousand away from Bill.

A few pics from saturday. I hope you guys had a good time. Thanks for the pizza and beer. I know my place is small so I hope it wasnt too bad. Any updates Leo?
George, it was a great time. Your place was perfect, thank you for hosting. Heck it isn't about were we're hanging out, it's that we get this opportunity to do so. Of course the beer helps alot

Just realized that I hit 1500 posts !! Only a couple thousand away from Bill LOL

Last edited by habu; 3/16/08 at 10:01 PM.
Old 3/16/08, 10:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Nice FRPP flag George. Where did you guys locate the remote adjusters at for up front, just in the engine bay?
The front doesn't require remote adjusters. You just use a key they provide.
Old 3/16/08, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
With that said the difference between 4 click and 7 clicks was night and day. The adjustablility is way more noticeable than I thought it would be. Overall I'm glad I did this mod. Now I just need to get it dialed in and I'll be a happy camper.
I didn't think I would be able to notice the difference between the settings either. But once I adjusted them, I had to say whoa! The 4 was definitely too hard for everyday driving around here. 7 clicks has been much better for driving around these speed bumps.
Old 3/16/08, 11:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I can't see the pics George.

Again, had a great time hangin' with the crew. Like Brian said, the booze just enhanced the experience.

Leo- When I get my D-Specs in, I may go in-between the 4 and 7 (from your description). Then if we ever do a canyon run, I'll crank them down to 3-4.

I talked to Jed tonight, he wished he could have been at the install party, but had to leave for Vegas that day. He's got internet so he's able to keep up with POTR.

Now for the pics...

As of 12pm today

Trimmed off tab on camcover (per Vorech instructions)

Blower mounting plate supports

Coolant crossover tube (large top hole to get plugged)

manifold with Cobra injectors

oil pan - return line tapped

rusty crank pulley no more

Hector's cool jack stands

It's a Fiesta!
Old 3/16/08, 11:19 PM
GTR Member

Looking good, Bill!

----------------------------------------------

I emailed Gary (the guy that made our radiator tags) and told him I'm ready for a fuse box cover tag.

I sent him this as an idea:

Ponies on The Run (Again)-turbotag.jpg

May not be exactly like that, but something close. I'm going with the engine HP and TQ numbers since that's how Ford rates the cars on the lot. I'll have the dyno chart displayed as well, for RW numbers.
Old 3/17/08, 12:19 AM
Cobra R Member

You're getting there Bill...looks like she's (the car not the installer ) coming along great!

Here's a link to the thread where I posted all of my detailing pics. I have 130 on my photobucket if you want to see them all.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...10#post5529010

Here's my photobucket album for it-

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...etail%20Shoot/
Old 3/17/08, 12:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
The Granatelli logo might get your car keyed around some of the people on this site.
Old 3/17/08, 01:37 AM
Cobra Member

kh765 - car looks great

Bill - Great teaser pics. The wait is killing me So about two weeks until she's back in your garage right?
Old 3/17/08, 05:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Wanna but a Hyundai?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/hyundai-genesis-coupe.html

Sorry for the wait Bill. You know what they say, good things...
OK Ray I have it figured out.........................

You just cruise the Net looking for cool and funny videos and newsworthy stuff...................

Good job you can be our official , our official, hmmmmm official something but whatever keep those video's and news stuff coming.
Old 3/17/08, 05:13 AM
Cobra Member

A few pics from saturday. I hope you guys had a good time. Thanks for the pizza and beer. I know my place is small so I hope it wasnt too bad. Any updates Leo?

OK How many guys does it take to compress a spring...........................Hmmmmm the answer is...........................................More then 1 and in this case apparently 4
Old 3/17/08, 05:20 AM
Cobra Member

Oh and I figured out the common theme in these pictures, Kevin has got the coffee deal well in hand and is supervising quite well! Now if you look at the closing pictures it seems the others guys have discovered where George is hiding the beer and Brian scores big with the Vodka! Analysis free of charge guys HA

Hey it was 88 and 87 the last two days here is Paradise (err Texas) broke out the shorts and t shirts as well, got to love spring.
Old 3/17/08, 05:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
kh765 - car looks great

Bill - Great teaser pics. The wait is killing me So about two weeks until she's back in your garage right?
Luis, dude, how about posting some pics of that lowered GT of yours, dude. I want to see what could have been for me lol

Tom, as your sponsor, is doing a terrible job of supporting you I must say. He's been a very bad sponsor but hey its all good as your GT is really looking good!
Old 3/17/08, 05:28 AM
Cobra Member

Brian, congrats on 1500

Oh Brian, did I forget to mention

Congrats on 1500 Ford Blue just for YOU
Old 3/17/08, 05:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by NYNY53
Tom, as your sponsor, is doing a terrible job of supporting you I must say. He's been a very bad sponsor but hey its all good as your GT is really looking good!

Hey, that's not fair...... some people are just beyond help- right, Luis?

Old 3/17/08, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hey, that's not fair...... some people are just beyond help- right, Luis?

Just kidding Tom, actually you're probably doing a really, really good job as who knows how many mods Luis would be into if it weren't for your superior support and guidance Tom
Old 3/17/08, 08:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I emailed Gary (the guy that made our radiator tags) and told him I'm ready for a fuse box cover tag.
Looks good Tom. Interested in seeing how it turns out if Gary can do it.

A few pics from saturday.
This has got to be the pic of the day... Leo as Mr. Roboto!

Originally Posted by kh765
Here's a link to the thread where I posted all of my detailing pics. I have 130 on my photobucket if you want to see them all.
Looks great Kyle! Hard part is keeping it 'show' clean until your upcoming show. Just stay on top of it and it shouldn't be that bad.

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Yup, that's the ETA back home. Hector brought in more pics of where the install is now. I'll post them up when I get them from him.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)