Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 3/10/08, 12:24 PM
  #16661  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK... here are the results:

First Pull: Only some minor tweaking to the tune:

434.8 RWHP, 464.1 RWTQ, 6.9 psi, 11.7 - 11.8 A/F Ratio

Ponies on The Run (Again)-trickpro1.jpg

Second Pull: One turn on the Boost Controller & some fuel added between 3500 and 4000 RPM to soften the rise in the A/F ratio:


475.2 RWHP, 505.6 RWTQ, 10.0 psi, 11.7-11.8 A/F Ratio

Ponies on The Run (Again)-trickpro2.jpg

Last edited by 89Trooper; 3/10/08 at 01:47 PM.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 12:28 PM
  #16662  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Second Pull: One turn on the Boost Controller & some fuel added between 3500 and 4000 RPM to soften the rise in the A/F ratio:

475.2 RWHP, 505.6 RWTQ, 10.0 psi, 11.7-11.8 A/F Ratio
Awesome numbers!

I take it that you'll be leaving it at 10psi?

time to change your sig...
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 12:36 PM
  #16663  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
505RWTQ Sounds like tire squealing fun.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 12:38 PM
  #16664  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
LOL no offense but 505 rwtq sounds like spilled internals.... hopefully not though.
tom281 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 12:45 PM
  #16665  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like I may just need to try a new track before I give into buying drag radials.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465095
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 01:07 PM
  #16666  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Awesome numbers!

I take it that you'll be leaving it at 10psi?

time to change your sig...
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
505RWTQ Sounds like tire squealing fun.
Originally Posted by tom281 View Post
LOL no offense but 505 rwtq sounds like spilled internals.... hopefully not though.
I was much happier leaving the dyno this time than I was last time!!

Yep... I'll leave it at 10psi... the tune is still way conservative and is totally safe with those A/F numbers. Scott (the tuner) said he could add a bunch more timing and it would STILL be safe, but he understands I'm looking for dependability, too.

As far as the internals go... I think I'm ok. I have almost-perfect A/F ratio numbers, no detonation, low intake charge temps, and the fuel pump is still working at 25% of it's capacity. Plus, that pull was at max load in 4th gear... not something I'm likely to do very often on the street.

I'd be much more worried if I was drag racing it every weekend.

Last edited by 89Trooper; 3/10/08 at 01:08 PM.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 01:47 PM
  #16667  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Tom, those are some great numbers there
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 01:49 PM
  #16668  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's see what happens now: Granatelli Turbo Install Part IV

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=465104


Last edited by 89Trooper; 3/10/08 at 01:52 PM.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 01:51 PM
  #16669  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197 View Post
Wow Tom, those are some great numbers there
Thanks! You weren't here for the beginning of the turbo install. The link above is to the 4th installment. The first two were locked due to them getting out of hand.

It will be interesting to see where this one goes...
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 01:59 PM
  #16670  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
As far as the internals go... I think I'm ok.
Famous last words.

Worst case, engine blows, rebuild it with forged internals, run more boost.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 02:01 PM
  #16671  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Famous last words.

Worst case, engine blows, rebuild it with forged internals, run more boost.
Nah... it's all in the tune! As you know. And the tune is safe.

Think it's time for a 1-piece driveshaft?

My numbers at the engine are an estimate 560 HP / 595 TQ.

With a 1-piece driveshaft, I should be able to raise RW numbers from 475/506 to 492/523 ! (3% less drivetrain loss)

Last edited by 89Trooper; 3/10/08 at 02:03 PM.
89Trooper is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 03:22 PM
  #16672  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sema 08!

Jed & George..

e-mail just received...

Registration for the 2008 SEMA Show and AAPEX is now open!


You and your company have been given “Alumni” status and are pre-approved to register without any further qualification.

SAVE THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR ALUMNI NUMBERS

They are permanent and allow you to register at any time.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 03:33 PM
  #16673  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Jed & George..

e-mail just received...

Registration for the 2008 SEMA Show and AAPEX is now open!


You and your company have been given “Alumni” status and are pre-approved to register without any further qualification.

SAVE THIS EMAIL WITH YOUR ALUMNI NUMBERS

They are permanent and allow you to register at any time.


That because jon got you in the last miniute! he used his email on ours so we wont get that email, jon will
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 03:38 PM
  #16674  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post

That because jon got you in the last miniute! he used his email on ours so we wont get that email, jon will
I thought you were doing the paper work so we could be a club and get in without his help?

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 3/10/08 at 03:46 PM.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 03:40 PM
  #16675  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I thought you were doing the paper work so we could be a fake club and get in without his help?
That's in progress, haven't heard anything yet
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 03:43 PM
  #16676  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
That's in progress, haven't heard anything yet
Oh so you did send it out? I thought it was still just in planning. Well hopefully it works out. Let me know how much $$ for my part.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 04:01 PM
  #16677  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Nah... it's all in the tune! As you know. And the tune is safe.

Think it's time for a 1-piece driveshaft?

My numbers at the engine are an estimate 560 HP / 595 TQ.

With a 1-piece driveshaft, I should be able to raise RW numbers from 475/506 to 492/523 ! (3% less drivetrain loss)
Hey man, congrats again! Now I could shy away but I feel compelled to say I think that you're fooling yourself a tad- you're right, it's all in the tune up to around 450-470 rwhp but over that, the tune has nothing to do with how much physical stress the lower end of the factory shortblock can take. One thing I've noticed alot about these engines is that it's not so much the HP that kills them, but it's the torque. Just becareful and use common sense- (I know you will, other members here- maybe not) and hopefully she'll last you a long time.

tom281 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 05:01 PM
  #16678  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D-specs are in

Would have posted sooner but was side tracked
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 05:29 PM
  #16679  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: May 17, 2007
Location: Texa$
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Thanks! You weren't here for the beginning of the turbo install. The link above is to the 4th installment. The first two were locked due to them getting out of hand.

It will be interesting to see where this one goes...
Keep me away from it and you should be good, I seem to be a trouble magnet ha

I seem to be very good at placing foot in mouth...............often
NYNY53 is offline  
Old 3/10/08, 05:34 PM
  #16680  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Bill, these are the best shots I got:


tom281 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.