General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/08, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
FYI to the POTR fellas, I'll be selling off a couple mods when the SC goes in.Price TBD, but I'll start taking bids.
I might be interested in the udp's Bill.
Old 2/20/08, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
JLT?? You and Leo..

The C&L dammit, you know what I was talking about
Old 2/20/08, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill - I want to get it asap... But I have been busy with work soon as I get the time I will swing by. I'm hoping for tomorrow. Thanks again for letting me
borrow it. Really like the look and feel. Just want to compare it to the satin ****. After that, on to ordering the mgw short shifter AND some stingers anyone know where I can get the best deal?

Jed - cannot call my car quite anymore

Jon and Bill - glad to hear the twins
are due march 1st the SOS guage pillar looks
Old 2/20/08, 01:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Thanks! Yep... just about 3 months! Sound about right, Bill??

You can see the difference in what you can see of the fins... now you can't see that as easily any more:

Attachment 39618
WOW I knew you were super **** but that takes the cake. That's one of those things only you would of noticed.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Your going to need a SCT/Tune from Doug or Brent to go with it.
Looks like the PJ's getting modded slowly but surely.
Old 2/20/08, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Bill - I want to get it asap... But I have been busy with work soon as I get the time I will swing by. I'm hoping for tomorrow. Thanks again for letting me
borrow it. Really like the look and feel. Just want to compare it to the satin ****. After that, on to ordering the mgw short shifter AND some stingers anyone know where I can get the best deal?

Jed - cannot call my car quite anymore
Stingers and MGW shifter prices are pretty much set. The only way to get those cheaper is to luck out and find it in the for sale section. Other than that you can pretty much plan on paying the set prices.

Kevin was the reason I got my O/R H he kept calling my car a kitten.
Old 2/20/08, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

new plan... Stingers AND o/r h only kidding... At least I think/hope I am.
Old 2/20/08, 01:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ray Man
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Great guys! Looks like they may never make it to the 'For Sale' thread.

Bill - I want to get it asap... But I have been busy with work soon as I get the time I will swing by. I'm hoping for tomorrow.

After that, on to ordering the mgw short shifter AND some stingers anyone know where I can get the best deal?
No problem Luis. At worst, I can give it to you on Saturday.

Like Leo mentioned, MGW is pretty set on pricing, just have to decide which threads you want, SAE or Metric, or the all-in-one Classic ****.

On the Stingers, it's a hit and miss in the For Sale thread. New, expect over 4 bills for them. FWIW, I got mine from Downs Ford.

That's right! Good reminder Leo.
Add another $400 to the C&L George. Brenspeed - BamaChips

Leo's kitten is all grown up now.
Old 2/20/08, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks like the PJ's getting modded slowly but surely.

That's right! Good reminder Leo.
Add another $400 to the C&L George. Brenspeed - BamaChips
Yeah, I know bamachips has tuned a few pj's so we will see
Old 2/20/08, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

new plan... Stingers AND o/r h only kidding... At least I think/hope I am.
O/R H for sale. (If I remember correctly Brian has one for sale too.)
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...36#post1108336
Old 2/20/08, 02:12 PM
GTR Member

O/R H for sale. (If I remember correctly Brian has one for sale too.)
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...36#post1108336
I would recommend an O/R H-Pipe to everybody!

Brian's has been all over the country...
Old 2/20/08, 02:22 PM

That tool that sheared his intake manifold bolt from the other Forum just replied...

ok, well you should mention that its 18 ft pounds bc thats more common of a tool and for car noobies like me tryin to do this we broke that bolt, not ur fault but its ours, but u should still add it so no one else makes the mistake i did.

My response (I've lost my patience ):
Dude, with all due respect, no one else snapped these bolts from my instructions because they all knew the difference between lbs-in and lbs-ft. This is exactly how the Service Manual calls out the torque. Besides, even if you didn't know how to read the inch/pound abbreviation, common sense would tell you that 89 foot pounds is waaaay too much for those small bolts; to put it into perspective, our aluminum wheel lug nuts get torqued to 90 foot pounds.. see the difference?

FWIW, you're still incorrect in calculating that the intake manifold bolts get torqued to 18 lbs-ft, that equates to 216 lbs-in.. probably would snap the bolt again. To calculate the correct torque of 89 lbs-in into foot pounds, you have to divide that value by 12 which would be 7.4 lbs-ft.

TB
Old 2/20/08, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I would recommend an O/R H-Pipe to everybody!

Brian's has been all over the country...
Brian would have his O/R-H on still if it weren't for the fact that his neighbors all gave him the stink eye and that he works across the street from the local fuzz.

Tom's just whimpy.
Old 2/20/08, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That tool that sheared his intake manifold bolt from the other Forum just replied...

ok, well you should mention that its 18 ft pounds bc thats more common of a tool and for car noobies like me tryin to do this we broke that bolt, not ur fault but its ours, but u should still add it so no one else makes the mistake i did.

Dude, with all due respect, no one else snapped these bolts from my instructions because they all knew the difference between lbs-in and lbs-ft. This is exactly how the Service Manual calls out the torque. Besides, even if you didn't know how to read the inch/pound abbreviation, common sense would tell you that 89 foot pounds is waaaay too much for those small bolts; to put it into perspective, our aluminum wheel lug nuts get torqued to 90 foot pounds.. see the difference?

FWIW, you're still incorrect in calculating that the intake manifold bolts get torqued to 18 lbs-ft, that equates to 216 lbs-in.. probably would snap the bolt again. To calculate the correct torque of 89 lbs-in into foot pounds, you have to divide that value by 12 which would be 7.4 lbs-ft.

TB

Bill's laying the smack down
Old 2/20/08, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

TB
que Bill's new theme song....."No more Mr. Nice guy...." That was a well deserved smack down. Although I'm sure you lost a fan.

Brian would have his O/R-H on still if it weren't for the fact that his neighbors all gave him the stink eye and that he works across the street from the local fuzz.

Tom's just whimpy.
+1 to the Tom comment. (Sorry Tom we have to make up for all the time you missed.)
Old 2/20/08, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

TB
The word D!ck comes to mind.................. You are too kind calling him a tool Bill

Good thing you didn't supply the link to the other forum or I might have let him know what a D!ck he was Naw not worth the time, but great reply Bill, politically correct and gracious on your part. And you taught him some fundemtal mechanics, all for free
Old 2/20/08, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
If Ray doesn't jump on these I as well am interested Bill.Ray has first dibbs, man your fast Ray
Old 2/20/08, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

TB
Uh oh, the Taco Bill fan club is going to drop after this statement....

.....but only by 1 person

Next time, Bill, put it in Newton meters
Old 2/20/08, 02:47 PM
GTR Member

Tom's just whimpy.
Originally Posted by mikes rx
Uh oh, the Taco Bill fan club is going to drop....
.....but only by 1 person
Maybe 2...
Old 2/20/08, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This is the most active day we've had in while. Guess nobody's doing any work at work.
Old 2/20/08, 02:49 PM
Cobra Member

Tom's just whimpy.
Should I get an O/R h while I'm at it? It's tempting. Which one
does Brian have? Should I for my
daily driver?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)