General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/08, 08:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
LOL! Sure why not.
I'll notify our TMS model about the upcoming gig.

Originally Posted by habu
You'd be better off getting lighter wheels, losing the beer gut, putting the battery in the trunk and getting a rear-seat delete...
Never!

Originally Posted by superfly s197
haha... is it too late to do it right now?
Luis got the bug!

Need some sun to help the vinyl stick. When we did Leo's, it was dark and cold.. we had to bust out the hair dryer to heat up the vinyl!
Old 2/6/08, 08:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am so anxious... I have to wait till the 20th of this month to order my blower! And then another week to have it shipped to the shop...
Old 2/6/08, 09:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Gotta say your tires look SICK in that pic Leo.
Old 2/6/08, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I agree. I actually saved the picture to my computer I'll look into these tires when I need a new set.
Old 2/6/08, 09:33 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna say, the back end of your car Leo, looks awesome, with the tire tread and with the spacers.
Old 2/6/08, 11:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Luis got the bug!

I know... Enjoying every second of it
Old 2/6/08, 11:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And that's also a very sweet avatar Luis!
Old 2/6/08, 11:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

In case anyone is interested. Here are a two quick shots of the LCAs I am installing in the next couple weeks

Not the best lighting, but I took them while watching the movie Zodiac (creepy, but good flick)

I can say without doubt I am already happy with them. The blue is a good match, but I'd have to see it in the sun and even then I think it's a tad dark compared to FRPP blue, They arrived much sooner than I expected and the parking brake holder bracket thingy in the second picture is more robust than I imagined and finally these feel like very well made, sturdy pieces. I might install them early, just because.
Old 2/6/08, 11:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Black cars look beautiful, especially yours
Originally Posted by JonCo
I agree. I actually saved the picture to my computer I'll look into these tires when I need a new set.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Yeah, I was gonna say, the back end of your car Leo, looks awesome, with the tire tread and with the spacers.
Thanks for all the compliments.

In case anyone is interested. Here are a two quick shots of the LCAs I am installing in the next couple weeks

Not the best lighting, but I took them while watching the movie Zodiac (creepy, but good flick)

I can say without doubt I am already happy with them. The blue is a good match, but I'd have to see it in the sun and even then I think it's a tad dark compared to FRPP blue, They arrived much sooner than I expected and the parking brake holder bracket thingy in the second picture is more robust than I imagined and finally these feel like very well made, sturdy pieces. I might install them early, just because.
Looks like they'll match the rest of your ford blue suspension parts. I doubt anyone will notice even if it is a shade off. The bracket thing is definetly a nice feature. Not sure why BMR or Steeda didn't do the same?
Old 2/7/08, 07:49 AM

... I might install them early, just because.
If you have the time, may as well. Remember Leo tried to do PHB, support, and motor mounts at once and he ran out of gas in the middle of his Prothane install!

Looks like they'll match the rest of your ford blue suspension parts. I doubt anyone will notice even if it is a shade off. The bracket thing is definetly a nice feature. Not sure why BMR or Steeda didn't do the same?
+1 x 3
Don't know why we don't have a simple clip or something to support out parking brake cable. Oh well, it'll take years for the cable to rub through the insulator.
Old 2/7/08, 07:53 AM

Luis' blackout panel is scheduled to be installed at the Taco Garage this afternoon.

This will be a pro bono job, but the next one will cost him pizza.. for the whole POTR Crew!!
Old 2/7/08, 10:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

If you have the time, may as well. Remember Leo tried to do PHB, support, and motor mounts at once and he ran out of gas in the middle of his Prothane install!
Yeah I was beat that day. Probably didn't help that we left the most PITA install for last.

Luis' blackout panel is scheduled to be installed at the Taco Garage this afternoon.

This will be a pro bono job, but the next one will cost him pizza.. for the whole POTR Crew!!
Sounds like atleast a six pack of colds ones to me.
Old 2/7/08, 10:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know... Enjoying every second of it

Looking good Brian

Hmmm Beer
Old 2/7/08, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hmmm Beer
(skip this post Brian )

On second thought, I like those aluminum 16oz Bud Light bottles.

Once empty, they can be used as catch cans!
Old 2/7/08, 11:34 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, those are pretty cool!
Old 2/7/08, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Better make that one worth it: gt500 e-brake and mgw short shifter maybe

and.... yes, that's on the to do list. My goal is to be able to do those late march/early april. Just need to finish the exterior mods this month. So no rushing me
Old 2/7/08, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Lca's look great. Funny how small details - that go unoticed - can make all the difference.
Old 2/7/08, 12:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice LCAs Brian...they are on my list too.
Old 2/7/08, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

(skip this post Brian )

On second thought, I like those aluminum 16oz Bud Light bottles.

Once empty, they can be used as catch cans!
blasphemy I'd rather drink soda than budcoorsmiller lite

Nice LCAs Brian...they are on my list too.
Lca's look great. Funny how small details - that go unoticed - can make all the difference.
Thanks guys. If I can get some work in the kitchen done w/My Dad (cutting & installing tile for a backsplash) I might just knock these out Sunday. The bracket was one of the factors in my purchasing decision. Better pics will come this weekend.

Even cooler is that at 138, 10 bucks extra for the "custom color"(128 for black), they are a great price directly from CHE. On top of that the 10 day extra to ship didn't take 10 days. It's hard to top that, IMO.
Old 2/7/08, 12:48 PM

Better make that one worth it: gt500 e-brake and mgw short shifter maybe
Leather e-brake AND a MGW shifter?

You may want to reconsider the e-brake mod, ask Leo if he recommends this mod as far as look vs install vs dollar value.
I mean it's nice and all, but everytime I get in Leo's car, I don't focus my attention on the leather brake handle. It's kinda like the billet coat hangers and seat lever buckles, looks cool only when you point it out to someone.

On the MGW install, you now have 3 experienced installers to choose from for guidance, me, Brian, and George. We'll start taking bids now.

Speaking of LCA's... Luis?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)