Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 2/1/08, 12:11 AM
  #15101  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
And yes, it's sexier than the concept *****.
Your **** is getting sexier...
kh765 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 12:41 AM
  #15102  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jonathan Great news !!! Working the deal to figure out how badly in debt you want to be is always the hard part.


Bill
Dad's house in La Habra. I forget why we decided that but I was pretty sure we did. Anyway, it'll make getting the Pizza & Beer much easier. Even if getting to his house is a bee-otch

The Shifter **** looks great. Started to like it when I saw it in person.


I almost feel like George does... it's 11:40PM and I just got home from work. Started at 8:00 AM .... what a day. Tomorrow is likely to be worse and I don't expect to have any time to post once users get in. So I'm not ignoring anyone.....
habu is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 01:19 AM
  #15103  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Thanks Luis. I think it's time for some MGW goodies for your CS now.

I'm looking at that short shifter and classic shift ****....but I'm really trying hard to do the exterior mods first
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 01:54 AM
  #15104  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
No comments on my ****?

How about my Simpson movie playing in the background?
I like your **** Bill!
Ray Man is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 02:43 AM
  #15105  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
Ray Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 7, 2006
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 2,694
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray Man is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 05:31 AM
  #15106  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
No comments on my ****?

How about my Simpson movie playing in the background?

Bill, thanks for reminding me.... I was gonna order a 5speed **** and a custom power outlet plug with "12v DC" on it..... thanks again.
tom281 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 07:56 AM
  #15107  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad y'all like my RACER ****, but hands off!


Luis: May as well start getting stuff... it's just a matter of time.



Originally Posted by habu View Post
Bill
Dad's house in La Habra. I forget why we decided that but I was pretty sure we did. Anyway, it'll make getting the Pizza & Beer much easier. Even if getting to his house is a bee-otch
Ahh yes.. at your pop's house. It was because if things go left on the install, you won't be stranded in Carson.

Keep us updated on the date when you get all the parts in. Can't pass up pizza and home brew!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 08:19 AM
  #15108  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Glad y'all like my RACER ****, but hands off!


Luis: May as well start getting stuff... it's just a matter of time.
Yep, be prepared to spend available cash for mods. But we're not addicted... we can stop anytime we want to stop.
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Ahh yes.. at your pop's house. It was because if things go left on the install, you won't be stranded in Carson.

Keep us updated on the date when you get all the parts in. Can't pass up pizza and home brew!
Yeah, that's right. Don't really want to be stuck in Carson, no offense. The commute isn't nearly as freeway friendly unfortunately.


Ray I've heard about that... I gotta check it out.
habu is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 08:53 AM
  #15109  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Yeah, that's right. Don't really want to be stuck in Carson, no offense. The commute isn't nearly as freeway friendly unfortunately.


Ray I've heard about that... I gotta check it out.
No offense.. had you gotten stuck in Carson, we would've rolled out a cot for you in the garage.
From what I remember, the drive to your dad's house wasn't too bad.



nuviphone... another iPhone wannabe.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 09:06 AM
  #15110  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my own TacoBill jingle!

http://www.tacobill.com.au/drop1/jingle.asp

Finally hit the big time!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 09:16 AM
  #15111  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I have my own TacoBill jingle!

http://www.tacobill.com.au/drop1/jingle.asp

Finally hit the big time!
" EVERYBODY SING....HEY....HEY...TACOBILL"

That's great!!

You need to incorporate that into one of your videos
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 09:53 AM
  #15112  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
JonCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 9, 2007
Location: Ellenton, FL
Posts: 2,463
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Jonathan Great news !!! Working the deal to figure out how badly in debt you want to be is always the hard part.

I'm alright with the money issue...

But then I get to seeing videos online on blown cars... and. Full speed ahead!

Money comes and goes. Why do I work anyways? I'll talk to the shop some more today when I pick it up from the LT install. Also talked to the ford dealer again they want 6500 for a HO whipple installed and then they send me to a custom shop to have it dyno tuned for another 600. Way too much for my blood. But I wont argue TS would be nice.

Originally Posted by habu View Post
Yep, be prepared to spend available cash for mods. But we're not addicted... we can stop anytime we want to stop.

Yeah, that's right. Don't really want to be stuck in Carson, no offense. The commute isn't nearly as freeway friendly unfortunately.
I dont understand the word stop... Someone care to explain what this "stop" means?

So, here are my options. let me know what you think please. Vortech HO (polished - air to water I/C) OR a ProCharger HO (Just the headunit polished - air to air I/C).

Only thing I dont like about the procharger besides the miles of piping(which he said hes had poeple who've had pipes blow lose) is the fit and finish of it all. I'd need to spend another 300-500+ to have the rest of the pipes polished/painted. This year my car will enter as many shows as I can go to. So looks is important. Again I dont plan on maxing power out just want 450rwhp ish.
JonCo is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 09:56 AM
  #15113  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well since we're all talking about superchargers, I just received an email from Saleen. They say the shaker/supercharger will be available starting in April
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:06 AM
  #15114  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JonCo View Post
So, here are my options. let me know what you think please. Vortech HO (polished - air to water I/C) OR a ProCharger HO (Just the headunit polished - air to air I/C).
Hey Jon, If I had to chose from those two, I would go with the vortech. The packaging and finish is very nice and it's a nice complete kit.
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:22 AM
  #15115  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 I would agree...go with the vortech. Too much piping with the procharger. I like the vortech and paxton centri's.

Tom281- where are you getting that custome poweroutlet plug? Mgw?

I have to see the saleen/shaker combo in person... wasn't too found of the pictures with the hood closed... looked too high? the underhood picture:
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:23 AM
  #15116  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I have my own TacoBill jingle!

http://www.tacobill.com.au/drop1/jingle.asp

Finally hit the big time!
Haha. Celeb in the house
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:43 AM
  #15117  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough choices Jon.. gotta weigh in what your total cost will be for either centri, then compare it to the Whipple. As far as the $600 dyno tune, although it should be better, the included FRPP tune (from what I've read) isn't too bad.
Don't know if blower whine is a factor, but after watching several youtube vids of TS and centri setups, the centris have little to no whine, all I hear is engine.
As far as looks on a I/C centri, I like the Paxton/Novi 2200 over the Vortech.



Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Well since we're all talking about superchargers, I just received an email from Saleen. They say the shaker/supercharger will be available starting in April
Any pre-production pics or more info on this? Is this a TS or roots, I/C or not, and hp/tq numbers?

Curious if it can be adapted to an existing CDC Shaker or will you have to buy the whole kit.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:50 AM
  #15118  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Hey Jon, If I had to chose from those two, I would go with the vortech. The packaging and finish is very nice and it's a nice complete kit.
+1.... Paxton and/or Vortech > Procharger in my opinion. Atleast when comparing similar power levels.

Originally Posted by superfly s197 View Post
+1 I
Tom281- where are you getting that custome poweroutlet plug? Mgw?
Yes, I haven't ordered it yet but George told me they could make one. I just want it to say what it is- "12v DC". Not GT, Mustang, a pony, Steeda, etc. etc. etc.

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Any pre-production pics or more info on this? Is this a TS or roots, I/C or not, and hp/tq numbers?

Curious if it can be adapted to an existing CDC Shaker or will you have to buy the whole kit.
It is the standard Saleen twinscrew with a different top cover..... intercooled, etc. just like current. I'm 99% sure you can not use the CDC kit because the mounting location of the scoop is different in relation to where it comes thru the hood.
tom281 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 10:50 AM
  #15119  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Any pre-production pics or more info on this? Is this a TS or roots, I/C or not, and hp/tq numbers?

Curious if it can be adapted to an existing CDC Shaker or will you have to buy the whole kit.
It is a standard saleen twin screw blower that is intercooled. The upper intake is cut back to make room for the shaker/air box.

its set up like this, looking at it from the driver side

[shaker/airbox][mass air meter][Throttle body][intake]

here's a pic
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/1e463e92.jpg
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 2/1/08, 11:01 AM
  #15120  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281 View Post

It is the standard Saleen twinscrew with a different top cover..... intercooled, etc. just like current. I'm 99% sure you can not use the CDC kit because the mounting location of the scoop is different in relation to where it comes thru the hood.
+1 I was told that I would not need a new hood because they used the dimensions of the hole in the hood of the pj. I think the cdc is pretty close in location
USMC0341 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.