General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/08, 01:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I don't know what LTs and the prochamber does to sound, but for a Off-Road pipe and stingers, watch for trumpeting after 2500 rpms. If there is anything I dislike about the stingers or Off-Road it's that. Any drone, and there isn't much, is entirely tolerable compared to the trumpeting.
Well I know the GTA's have nasty loud trumpeting. I figured if its goign to trumpet its better with a deeper sound. I dunno the guy who has them hasn't replied he may have sold them to somone who was before me.

On a side note. I do have something extremely interesting in the works. Much more so then just an entire exhaust system
Old 1/21/08, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Barely alive, Ray! Sorry you missed it. Next time, you and George have NO excuse!
LOL, I'm smarter than that!
Old 1/21/08, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Barely alive, Ray! Sorry you missed it. Next time, you and George have NO excuse!
Hey I was just trying to keep the peace at home next time I'll just keep my mouth shut and not tell her

I sure woke up with a sore back, hey what happened to just watching this time

I hope Leo likes his new set up, We need a report!

Still had a great time with the crew! thanks for having me over!!
Old 1/21/08, 02:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
... and for the bad news, I discovered an interference condition between the DS and some stamped steel piece dead center in the tunnel.
Rubbing seems to be just on the surface of the DS and did not gouge or (deep) scratch it. I think it happened when I had Chris and Kai in the back seat last month. No rear passengers until I take care of this issue.
When did you find this? on Saturday? Is it something you can clearance with a few blows of a big *** hammer? or is it going to be a problem?
Old 1/21/08, 02:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
Well I know the GTA's have nasty loud trumpeting. I figured if its goign to trumpet its better with a deeper sound. I dunno the guy who has them hasn't replied he may have sold them to somone who was before me.

On a side note. I do have something extremely interesting in the works. Much more so then just an entire exhaust system
Don't get me wrong, the stingers on startup, idle and WOT once past 2500 is just magic. It's still the best sounding set up I've heard.

Saturday was great as usual, even if I was freezing by the end of the day. I don't think anyone has mentioned it but George was the savior of the day helping with the right side motor mounts.
Ray & George.. you definitely missed out. It was a fun night. Maybe a little to long for me, what a wuss.

Many Thanks to Jed for being the chauffer !!

I think Leo is still nursing the loss or a really good hangover, otherwise I'm sure he'd be on here. Even though my Seahawks were spanked by Fav-re, I wanted them to win yesterday. Can't stand Eli and I don't think they can do it against the Pats....
Old 1/21/08, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

**** Bill, that sux about the DS. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Well guys I have good news and bad news.

Good News = There is a 2008 FORD in my ownership as of Friday and so far I love it.

Bad News = It's not a Mustang.

Sorry guys couldn't bring myself to purchase another Mustang, at least not yet. No matter if I bought one and made it identical to my previous one, it just wouldn't be the same. Secondly, there was no room for anyone other than me and one passenger, which for a DD is a PITA.
Will I get another Mustang in the future? Very possible, just not the near future.

Anyway let me know what you think of my new vehicle.
Attachment 38339
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-f150-fx2b.jpg  
Old 1/21/08, 03:27 PM
GTR Member

I can't keep up anymore!!!

Nice truck, Daryl! At least it's a Ford!

Any of you with the mole skin having it turn brown where it's exposed to the sun? My car is garaged, but over time this happened:

Attachment 38340 Attachment 38341 It looks awful.

I tore it all off and replaced the rears with the soft side of Velcro:

Attachment 38342

I just need to do the doors now.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn7141.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn7144.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn7142.jpg  
Old 1/21/08, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

I think Leo is still nursing the loss or a really good hangover, otherwise I'm sure he'd be on here. Even though my Seahawks were spanked by Fav-re, I wanted them to win yesterday. Can't stand Eli and I don't think they can do it against the Pats....
Oh well Eli is what I get, it is what it is, not like its my choice lol, but G Men r in not like they have any chance in heck lol

Pats seem to strong for any this year

Not a big football fan anyways, more baseball, actually all baseball

Glad you guys had fun, you guys always have all the fun..........................

And Leo not trying to wail on you, I know you really wanted to have the Pack win, I wish you could be happy today with a Pack win

Bill, Pam looks good behind that steering wheel look to, Rouch, can U say Rouch
Old 1/21/08, 03:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Hey I was just trying to keep the peace at home next time I'll just keep my mouth shut and not tell her

I sure woke up with a sore back, hey what happened to just watching this time
Hey George, hope you didn't spend too much time in the doghouse!

May have to break out the ol' 'fishing trip' excuse next time.

Yes, Leo owe's you big time.

When did you find this? on Saturday? Is it something you can clearance with a few blows of a big *** hammer? or is it going to be a problem?
I discovered it yesterday when I relocated the e-brake cable bracket. I was looking up and down the shaft, then I saw that, and was like ' '!!!!!!!
I'll see if a rivet gun with a long extension, upset rivet head set, will do the trick in flattening out that section. Not a big priority, just won't carry any rear passengers for now.

Saturday was great as usual, even if I was freezing by the end of the day.

Many Thanks to Jed for being the chauffer !!
Yes, awesome day/night ( )!!!
Brian, you missed out on some tasty chili-cheese dogs! Looks like ya hit the wall after BE though!

+1 for Jed the chauffer!

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Good News = There is a 2008 FORD in my ownership as of Friday and so far I love it.
Looks great Daryl!

Having a truck as a DD is a pleasure. No more slowing down for dips, speed bumps, driveways, potholes, etc, etc.

Stop in from time to time, you have a lifetime membership to POTR.

Here's a good forum to join once you start modding your F150. F150online.com

Don't worry about my DS, I'll get taken care of TB style!
Old 1/21/08, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Any of you with the mole skin having it turn brown where it's exposed to the sun?
Weird. I haven't noticed any discoloration in mine. I'll check it out next time get to my car.

Turbo... Well? Get the new tune?
Hope all is well now.
Old 1/21/08, 03:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Any of you with the mole skin having it turn brown where it's exposed to the sun? My car is garaged, but over time this happened:
Yeah...I think mine's doing it a little too. But, it's really not that noticeable in terms of seeing black then brown....only brown is seen. I think the noticeability has to do with it being a vert, because when the top is down the light shines right on it with no shade or covering of any sort from a B-pillar. So, you are more likely to see that it's a different color.
Old 1/21/08, 03:50 PM
Cobra R Member

My moleskin (though it's just velcro I think because it was dealer installed for free) is definitely browning. Very noticeable and I'm gonna take it to the dealer that installed it and try to get them to fix it.
Old 1/21/08, 04:17 PM
GTR Member

Weird. I haven't noticed any discoloration in mine. I'll check it out next time get to my car.

Turbo... Well? Get the new tune?
Hope all is well now.
With 2000 miles, you probably won't see any color issues, yet! I'm pushing 20,000 right now.

The new tune is in... next dyno day (all for free) will be an upcoming Monday.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Yeah...I think mine's doing it a little too. But, it's really not that noticeable in terms of seeing black then brown....only brown is seen. I think the noticeability has to do with it being a vert, because when the top is down the light shines right on it with no shade or covering of any sort from a B-pillar. So, you are more likely to see that it's a different color.
Very true.

Originally Posted by kh765
My moleskin (though it's just velcro I think because it was dealer installed for free) is definitely browning. Very noticeable and I'm gonna take it to the dealer that installed it and try to get them to fix it.
Great, so the Velcro will turn brown, too? I was hoping that was a moleskin issue. The backs are easy enough to change, but the fronts are a pain.
Old 1/21/08, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Daryl sorry for your lost Your trucks looks good .......... I am a SUV person, gas prices are changing my mind. Good luck with the truck........... but I see a Stang in your future

Edit Nothing wrong with a 2010 V6 stang
Old 1/21/08, 04:33 PM

The new tune is in... next dyno day (all for free) will be an upcoming Monday.
How does the car feel with the new tune? Has to be night and day, now that the CMCV's are opening.
Old 1/21/08, 04:41 PM

I had stingers on my 04 cobra, here's a clip
I missed this post!

I remember that Cobra and R&R! It sure was purdy!
Old 1/21/08, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Had a great time on Saturday. Thanks to all the socal guys for that.
George thanks for the help on the motor mounts I was dead after the PH/PH support.

No clunks or noises on the way home from the ph or support. Car feels alot more "solid" in a good way.

Yesterday was an emotional rollcoaster watching the Packer game. I'm still recovering from that. I can't believe they lost. That's the most painful lost since the 04 OT loss to the Eagles. What's worse is that's it untill August. I think I was more distraught than the players.

Won't be watching the SB cause I know the PAT's will win.

Bill-Your DS problem doesn't look to bad. Good thing you caught now though.

Daryl-Sorry to hear you longer drive the stang. Truck looks good though. I'm sure in OK the truck will be alot more practical.

Tom-No problems with fading on my moleskin. Maybe it's the fact you've got the vert and it sits open so long at all the shows.

Jed-This was probably the most under photographed install party of all time.
Old 1/21/08, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Now that Knight Rider/KITT is a Mustang I've been thinking about adding one of these in the Shaker scoop. Yay or Gay?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Michael-Knight...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 1/21/08, 06:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Now that Knight Rider/KITT is a Mustang I've been thinking about adding one of these in the Shaker scoop. Yay or Gay?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Michael-Knight...QQcmdZViewItem
Are you still hittin the sauce because of the game ?? You even have to ask ??
Old 1/21/08, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Are you still hittin the sauce because of the game ?? You even have to ask ??
Wow that bad huh?
------------------
Off to CPK then assuming I can get tickets I'm going to see Cloverfield.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)