General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/08, 07:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangMahn
you guys seen any cars with painted interiors? I saw one the other day, didnt have my camera on me , but I wonder how much that costs...
I've seen a few painted interiors at carshows. Looks 'okay' if done corectly, but not for me.

Here's one from last year's Edelbrock show...

Originally Posted by philster2003
Is there a page view limitation, maybe......................... This is so weird not being able to get to page 738
Can't get to 738 either.

Maybe George can go there and check it out and report back.
Old 1/18/08, 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually hate this kind of stuff, but the painted center console is intriguing. I'm with Bill if it's done tastefully then it's OK.

I had to post to read 738.... weird stuff. Hopefully the database problems doesn't force us to start a new thread.
Old 1/18/08, 12:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one was at Silver Springs last weekend and it was really well done. I usually wouldn't like that kind of thing at all, but this one was pretty nice.

Old 1/18/08, 12:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry guys (esp. Leo), I won't be able to make it on Saturday. Things are getting too hectic right now. I know Jed will more than make up for my absence. Have fun and I hope Leo doesn't end up in a gutter some where.

I would of posted this yesterday but you might not have seen it without scrolling back about a week.

Happy birthday anyway Leo!
Old 1/18/08, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Sorry guys (esp. Leo), I won't be able to make it on Saturday. Things are getting too hectic right now. I know Jed will more than make up for my absence. Have fun and I hope Leo doesn't end up in a gutter some where.

I would of posted this yesterday but you might not have seen it without scrolling back about a week.

Happy birthday anyway Leo!
Thanks. Well you'll be there in spirit atleast. There's always next year.
Old 1/18/08, 12:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

This is my favorite interior paint job. Took this pic at the Knott's show.

Here'a another.
Old 1/18/08, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Sorry guys (esp. Leo), I won't be able to make it on Saturday.
Ray, if things change last minute for you, give us a call (I'll PM you)... we won't count you out just yet.
Old 1/18/08, 01:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Ray, if things change last minute for you, give us a call (I'll PM you)... we won't count you out just yet.
Will do.
Old 1/18/08, 01:54 PM

Just came back from Walmart on a hot tip from Leo. 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 5W20 for under $25.... but they were OUT OF STOCK!

Well, I said screw it and got a case of 6 individual quarts for $34.02 (plus tax). Didn't feel like driving all over town to various Wallymarts looking for the jug to save $5 or so.

I have a new (and free) Ford Racing oil filter, so all in all, my oil change will cost just the purchase of the oil.

I did see the Motorcraft synthetic blend 5W20 5 qt jug for only $10... that was tempting.
Old 1/18/08, 03:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have a problem...

I find it to easy to stop spending money once I start thinking of a new mod. MAC L/Ts O/R Prochamber and now I think I want a set of new axle backs... Theres alot of good deals on stingers recently. Maybe even some Flows... So tempting to sell the GTAs in search of TRUE sound.

Honestly is the drone these systems produce THAT bad? I'll prolly stick with the GTAs with the initial instal but my heart goes in search of new sound haha
Old 1/18/08, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
I have a problem...

I find it to easy to stop spending money once I start thinking of a new mod. MAC L/Ts O/R Prochamber and now I think I want a set of new axle backs... Theres alot of good deals on stingers recently. Maybe even some Flows... So tempting to sell the GTAs in search of TRUE sound.

Honestly is the drone these systems produce THAT bad? I'll prolly stick with the GTAs with the initial instal but my heart goes in search of new sound haha
The flows had some drone but never anywhere near the point of unbearable. The Stingers are bad in certain RPM's for me if I'm cruising along between 65-75 no drone. between 75-80 annoying drone. Above 80 no drone again.

Phil,Tom you guys were complaining about last saturday being quite. Tomorrow will be even quieter since I'm assuming by the time they get home their going straight to bed. So you probably won't see a post from Socal untill early Sunday morning. After tonight I probably won't be back on untill Sunday night after the Packers win.
Old 1/18/08, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
hahaha good luck this weekend....... hope you Socal guys have fun and be safe.
Old 1/18/08, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Thanks Tom.

I'll make sure Leo doesn't drink too much beer in-between his mod installs.
Old 1/18/08, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
+2, you guys have a GREAT time this weekend and a very happy birthday to you Leo. You guys know many of us NO SoCal guys would love to be with you to celebrate. We will be with you in spirit thats for sure.
Old 1/18/08, 08:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
The flows had some drone but never anywhere near the point of unbearable. The Stingers are bad in certain RPM's for me if I'm cruising along between 65-75 no drone. between 75-80 annoying drone. Above 80 no drone again.
But there deeper then a GTA set up? And obiouvly louder or only slightly?

Friend of mine just purchased a used STS Turbo kit for a decent price. I personally dont care for the rear mounted setup but he didn't mind. HOw good/bad are those things? I dont know mucha bout turbo set ups for the Mustang

I want to enter a show... Random thought haha.
Old 1/18/08, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
But there deeper then a GTA set up? And obiouvly louder or only slightly?

Friend of mine just purchased a used STS Turbo kit for a decent price. I personally dont care for the rear mounted setup but he didn't mind. HOw good/bad are those things? I dont know mucha bout turbo set ups for the Mustang

I want to enter a show... Random thought haha.
I've never heard GTA's so I couldn't tell you. If there an OEM muffler though I'm sure both flow's or stingers would be a great improvement.
Old 1/18/08, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I've never heard GTA's so I couldn't tell you. If there an OEM muffler though I'm sure both flow's or stingers would be a great improvement.
I think the GTA's come on the Shelby GT/GT-H?
Old 1/18/08, 11:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Doesn't Ray have the GTAs ??

The stingers have drone and depending on your gearing it's at different places. It's never been annoying enough to me to really bother me. Sometimes I'll notice it and it will grab my attention for a few minutes but other than that I wouldn't change a thing. With an O/R H there is noticable trumpeting at around 2500 that drives me batty. The upside to the O/R H is the sound at idle and WOT is to die for. Having been through Magnaflows and O/R H + Stingers and now back to the X-Pipe and the Stingers I am confident in the following.... You're Mileage May Vary...

1) It's the best set up for a S197
2) With an Off-Road H GTAs [b]may [/i] be a better muffler
3) The Deepness and 'burble' of the stingers is the best of the bunch
4) Even with LTs without the right mufflers it doesn't cut it.

As far as the STS turbo kit, that's the one with the turbo close to the tailpipe, right ???, I remember seeing an article once about it and just from the look of things it doesn't seem right. Not saying it doesn't work, I'm sure it does to a degree, but between the miles of tubing and just the weirdness of it I can't see how truly effective that set up can be. Look I'm not a huge fan of turbos (OK, it's free Horsepower so how bad can it be) and the complexity they add to cars, but If I HAD to buy a turbo I can honestly say I'd be hard pressed to pick which I'd by last, a GMS set up or the STS.

OK, so the GMS would be the last set-up, but that is only because of their sterling reputation and STS can't possibly be worse representitives for their company or for their customers than GMS is.
Old 1/18/08, 11:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think the GTA's come on the Shelby GT/GT-H?
Yeah I think they do.
Old 1/19/08, 02:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm Back!

Ahhhh! back at home from MacWorld and the Napa Valley

Below a small sample of the trip, I'll link more later I ran out of disk space

MacWorld where all the Mac Geeks hang out!

This product below started as a Mac Ibook then this company upgraded the screen making it a touch screen. I wish Apple did this instaed they made an ultra lite laptop.

Bill recognize this band?

For the Stang Belkin made this wierless IPod adapter

A few girls from MacWorld they could use some pointers from SEMA, it was slim pickin's on the floor

Another car item, this lets you mount just about anything on your dash

Okay every guy needs this

Up in Napa the Mustard grass was in full bloom

Not far from this Mustard grass I met Dennis and Denise they pulled up in this Stand and I knew it wasn't stock I could hear the Centri a block away! Turns out they own a winery in Sonoma. They take the Stang out to Sears Point for some track fun. Dennis said that the motor is stroked and has 500 HP @ the F-wheel

Did you know that Mario Andretti has a winery? I tried the Zinfandel, I didn't care for it much

For lunch this day I went to a killer burger stand called Taylor's Refresher. This place is Da Bomb!

It's saying eat me!

I saw a Shelby in Yountville and below I snaped one of the local Napa Ford Dealer the Shelby was selling for 42K

Hooked up with two best friends Bert and Scully. Can't wait to go back. Hey its only a five hour drive

More to link later good to be back in SoCal, tomorrow I'll head over to Kevin's Saturday morning for my Driveshaft safety loop install with the boys

Jed

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)