General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/08, 02:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Let's have a custom heat shield making party at Bill's.

Where do you find this stuff Leo?
Old 1/8/08, 02:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill

Where do you find this stuff Leo?
That's what happens when you get bored of checking all the mustang forums 20 times a day. I wonder if there's such a thing as Forum addiction group meetings.
Old 1/8/08, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
That's messed up Tom.

Guess someone forgot about the black plugs and dvd.
Oh c'mon, I was just dying to use the banana butt-waving smilie....

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I wonder if there's such a thing as Forum addiction group meetings.
There definetely should be.....
Old 1/8/08, 03:23 PM

Forgot to post these awesome pics that Jed took last week.

Thanks Jed!

Old 1/8/08, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Bill, when are you getting new wheels?!
Old 1/8/08, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow......look at those itty-bitty tires!

Ok ok, nice pix.
Old 1/8/08, 03:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

holy crap Ray we both posted the same thing at the same time...... you get the call though 'cause you're first.
Old 1/8/08, 03:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
holy crap Ray we both posted the same thing at the same time...... you get the call though 'cause you're first.
Haha... I think this means something Bill! Like it's meant to be.
Old 1/8/08, 03:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Not Halon.

Read #6 statement here.
Ahhh... similar name, easily confused! Good to know!

I work for a company that is part of Kidde. We stopped using Halon a long time ago and switched to FM-200 which is a clean agent as well.
Old 1/8/08, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Great pics Bill and Jed! Jed's signature is the first pic where he adds the gleam on the rear tire rim.

Bigger tires and forced induction Bill! I'll never let up on forced induction! If only......................

I'm still not a fan of the MGW shift ****. It doesn't work for me. Everything else about your GT is mint.

Jed you take awesome pictures. Hands down good.
Old 1/8/08, 04:12 PM
Cobra Member

OK OK here are a few pics of my HID's. Please be nice to me guys. Also it just rained before I pulled the Pony into the garage, yes daily driver here who gets driven in the rain Bill. Gosh I cringe posting these pics.

First pic is a contrast between the headlights and the fog's. I chose the 4300K color as I wanted the most amount of light lumen's vs. blue/purple color. 4300K is still fairly white.

The rest plus the engine bay which is going to cause me grief from you guys, I can hear it coming my way.................. Lat pic shows the igniter and the hi/ow beam relay.

Old 1/8/08, 05:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Phil, I like 'em! Nice!
Old 1/8/08, 05:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Question. What do I need to look for when buying a tuner? Theres a couple good deals on the "For Sale" section but what would I need to look for my 05' 5spd 3.55 Mustang GT?

Long tubes are slowly becoming a reality
Old 1/8/08, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Haha... I think this means something Bill! Like it's meant to be.
Could be a message from above!

I agree, I need a little more meat out back fo sho'!

Originally Posted by philster2003
OK OK here are a few pics of my HID's. Please be nice to me guys.
That's bright! Not worried about getting hassled by the Texas Rangers?

The HID's make the fogs look yellow.

What about heat? Can the stock reflector/housing handle it?

Originally Posted by JonCo
Question. What do I need to look for when buying a tuner? Theres a couple good deals on the "For Sale" section but what would I need to look for my 05' 5spd 3.55 Mustang GT?
I think the most important thing is the Calibration Code and transmission type (btw, Autos and Manuals are 5-spds; be sure you know which one it's for). Rear axle ratio can be selected in the handheld.
Plus, all the mods (if any) that the included tune was written for must be exactly what you have.

Keep in mind, buying a used tune won't get you any future support if you add/delete any mods. Just something to think about.
Old 1/8/08, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm still looking into getting the compact HalGuard clean agent fire extinguisher in chome along with their custom polished billet bracket.

It's a good idea for everyone, especially for me with all the custom wiring I did in my cupholder area and behind the radio.

Looks good, but costs around $260 plus shipping (thru Summit).
Why not get a small $20 fire extinguisher from Home Depot or something. That's what I did. It's maybe about 1 foot high and I just placed it in the corner of the trunk.

For me, it's pretty much just for show anyway.... (at shows around here, a fire extinguisher and first aid kit give you a couple extra points or is considered a tie-breaker). (knock wood, by the way, in that hopefully I won't actually need it)
Old 1/8/08, 06:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I think the most important thing is the Calibration Code and transmission type (btw, Autos and Manuals are 5-spds; be sure you know which one it's for). Rear axle ratio can be selected in the handheld.
Plus, all the mods (if any) that the included tune was written for must be exactly what you have.

Keep in mind, buying a used tune won't get you any future support if you add/delete any mods. Just something to think about.[/quote]

Oh so if a tuner was originally sold for an auto it cant be changed to be used by a manual? Hmm... That pretty much voids any ideas I may have had. What do you mean by future support?
Old 1/8/08, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

NEW TIRES ARE ON!!!!!! SORRY NO PICS THE SUN'S GONE.

After getting the tires on I took the car to MY secret proving grounds. I totally back Tom now about the tires making a huge difference. With the old tires the rear tires would break lose and the rear end would kick out when going WOT from a stop. Tried it a couple times with the new tires and all I got was a quick squeel and I was off no rear kick out just straight line accleration. Just like Tom said though it takes a little of the fun out of going WOT. Of course If I were to launch from 1500 or 2000 I'm sure the wheels will kick out. Good thing is I can now go back to the track and not have to worry about driving the car into the wall.

Bill-I think as long as you stayed N/A 285's would be a real challenge for you to break loose.

"Road Noise" I didn't hear anything over my O/R H and Stingers.

One thing I did notice now though is I need an ADJ panhard. You can blatantly see that the drivers side tire sticks out more than the passenger side (OK maybe "blatantly" is a bit much but I noticed it and I wasn't even looking for it. Looks like the mirrors may have to go on hold so I can get the panhard and why not the panhard support while I'm down there.
Old 1/8/08, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I've narrowed it down to two contestants for my L/T set up. MAC 3/4(Does it really make that big a difference in the sound dept? being only 3/4?) Long Tube Ceramic coated with O/R Prochamber... OR OBX 304SS True Long Tube with O/R H. Prices and brand aside. Its all about the deepest crisp sound. I want a noticable difference over stock with GTA's.

What would you choose? And if you know of any videos with similar set ups please post them. Only thing that slightly worries me is having the OBX system sound tinny in WOT. I know from reviews the prochamber smoothes it out. But I'm still after a loud system, but refined I guess I should say.

Help?
Old 1/8/08, 06:56 PM
Cobra Member

That's bright! Not worried about getting hassled by the Texas Rangers?

The HID's make the fogs look yellow.

What about heat? Can the stock reflector/housing handle it?
Actually thats a funny angle Bill so it makes it look more glaring then it really is.

As far as heat because they are only 35W instead of the O.E.M. 55W standard and as such are much cooler to be perfectly honest. I read somewhere where someone did a surface temp check on the front of the headlight and it was MUCH cooler then the std light. Plus I did an old fashion hand check where I left the old non HID light in on the right side and the new HID on the left side and checked with the hand and what I found is the old std on the right side was much hotter to touch then the HID side.

I've been running the HID in the 4Runner and Civic reflectors for a few years now and have had no issues in any regards.

Its just nice to have better night vision now with the HID's.
Old 1/8/08, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
I've narrowed it down to two contestants for my L/T set up. MAC 3/4(Does it really make that big a difference in the sound dept? being only 3/4?) Long Tube Ceramic coated with O/R Prochamber... OR OBX 304SS True Long Tube with O/R H. Prices and brand aside. Its all about the deepest crisp sound. I want a noticable difference over stock with GTA's.

What would you choose? And if you know of any videos with similar set ups please post them. Only thing that slightly worries me is having the OBX system sound tinny in WOT. I know from reviews the prochamber smoothes it out. But I'm still after a loud system, but refined I guess I should say.

Help?
I've never really looked into the LT's so I have no Idea which one's are better or which sound better etc.. Not much help I know. Just go with the most popular one. There's a reason why there's a more popluar one. Perfect example is Stingers.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)