Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 1/2/08, 07:01 PM
  #14301  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karman View Post
So I'm guessing the correct answer is after?
Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know if I can wait till then. Worse case scenario I'll just try them on the rear tires and take them off when I'm done.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 07:08 PM
  #14302  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with the Nitto 555s on mine. I've heard the KDW2s on my friend's car and they are just too loud for me. Maybe it would be different on our cars but I think I'll be happy with the 555s. The KDWs do look sick though.
kh765 is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 07:36 PM
  #14303  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765 View Post
I think I'm gonna go with the Nitto 555s on mine. I've heard the KDW2s on my friend's car and they are just too loud for me. Maybe it would be different on our cars but I think I'll be happy with the 555s. The KDWs do look sick though.
I was looking at Nitto's as well as Falken's but finally decided on the BFG because of the tread. Everything but the treads are alike in all three tires so I just chose the one I liked most.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 07:47 PM
  #14304  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765 View Post
I think I'm gonna go with the Nitto 555s on mine. I've heard the KDW2s on my friend's car and they are just too loud for me. Maybe it would be different on our cars but I think I'll be happy with the 555s. The KDWs do look sick though.
You'll like the Nittos. The BFG's I've had don't last for crap.
tom281 is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 08:17 PM
  #14305  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281 View Post
You'll like the Nittos. The BFG's I've had don't last for crap.
I'll give up a little bit of looks on the tread to have them last a little longer.
kh765 is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 08:19 PM
  #14306  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765 View Post
I'll give up a little bit of looks on the tread to have them last a little longer.
Mine are doing fine... might not last as long on Bill's or Leo's rear axle, though.

Can you actually break your rear tires loose, Kyle?
89Trooper is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 08:29 PM
  #14307  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Can you actually break your rear tires loose, Kyle?
Ouch, I guess I'll have to do a demonstration next weekend.

Of course, the stockers should be gone, so I won't want to do it then.
kh765 is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 08:30 PM
  #14308  
GTR Member
 
89Trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 26, 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kh765 View Post
Ouch, I guess I'll have to do a demonstration next weekend.

Of course, the stockers should be gone, so I won't want to do it then.
Sorry, I couldn't help it...
89Trooper is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 08:32 PM
  #14309  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Sorry, I couldn't help it...
Yeah, yeah, whatever.
kh765 is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 09:17 PM
  #14310  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Here's my pics from the cruise.

Here's some pics of the spacers.
Pics look great Leo!

I like the different angles of my rooftop and rear, turned out pretty cool.

Spacers look good. Curious about the stud length issue with the Bullitts.



Originally Posted by 89Trooper View Post
Mine are doing fine... might not last as long on Bill's or Leo's rear axle, though.
Don't worry Tom, I won't burn up my next set of tires I put on.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 09:36 PM
  #14311  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Pics look great Leo!

I like the different angles of my rooftop and rear, turned out pretty cool.
+ 1 Great pics Leo !
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Don't worry Tom, I won't burn up my next set of tires I put on.

I'm Calling BS on this one right here and now.


Oh and Leo those tires I'm looking forward to seeing them on the car.
habu is offline  
Old 1/2/08, 09:48 PM
  #14312  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Pics look great Leo!

I like the different angles of my rooftop and rear, turned out pretty cool.

Spacers look good. Curious about the stud length issue with the Bullitts.


Don't worry Tom, I won't burn up my next set of tires I put on.
According to this guy he says it's about 5mm that needs to be cut off the orginal factory studs in order to clear the back of the bullits. In the pic you can see he used a hack saw and also mentions using an angle grinder. I wonder what kind of blade the saw had in order to cut through the studs.
http://www.mustang-gtcs.info/picshi/fr-brake19.jpg

rest of thread.
http://www.mustang-gtcs.info/mods01.htm

Originally Posted by habu View Post
+ 1 Great pics Leo !

Oh and Leo those tires I'm looking forward to seeing them on the car.
Thanks, I can't wait to get them on.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 08:04 AM
  #14313  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,735
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Looks like the cruise was a blast. Drinking dom from kegger cups...lol

Ill be interested to see the tires on your car as well Leo, especially with the spacers, it'll look pretty good, I believe.
StangMahn is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 10:54 AM
  #14314  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I'm Calling BS on this one right here and now.


You're probably right!



Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I wonder what kind of blade the saw had in order to cut through the studs.
http://www.mustang-gtcs.info/picshi/fr-brake19.jpg
Probably just a regular blade. May need to swap out blades though, especially on a 20 stud job!

Can be done, but will take forever and a day.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 11:23 AM
  #14315  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post


You're probably right!




Probably just a regular blade. May need to swap out blades though, especially on a 20 stud job!

Can be done, but will take forever and a day.
Brian and some of the guys on the thread I started recommend I rent a swazall.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 11:53 AM
  #14316  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: May 17, 2007
Location: Texa$
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Brian and some of the guys on the thread I started recommend I rent a swazall.
If I was closer I'd let you use mine, it would make short work of those studs with the right blade. Even with a normal hack blade nails get cut like butter. With the proper blade it cut metal fast and well. Thats how I would do it Sawzall all the way
NYNY53 is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 01:30 PM
  #14317  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: May 17, 2007
Location: Texa$
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Break out the popcorn, Turbo II thread is getting stupid or stupider again. To the point that I sent the mods a complaint. I'm so tired of this from GMS.........................

I just want to read cool techie stuff about Tom's Turbo not a sell job or defensive stance or selfless self promotion, geezzzz oh geezzzzzz
NYNY53 is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 02:03 PM
  #14318  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by philster2003 View Post
Break out the popcorn, Turbo II thread is getting stupid or stupider again. To the point that I sent the mods a complaint. I'm so tired of this from GMS.........................

I just want to read cool techie stuff about Tom's Turbo not a sell job or defensive stance or selfless self promotion, geezzzz oh geezzzzzz


Will bolt cutters cut through our wheel studs?

I've decided not to roast my tires. I figure I can probably get about $30 +/_ for each tire on craigslist. I'm pretty sure there's between 30-40% left on the tread. Either way it's better than leaving them at Discount Tire where they charge you to "dispose" of them.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 06:01 PM
  #14319  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Will bolt cutters cut through our wheel studs?
Highly doubt it. Sawzall is your best bet for a quickie. But, if slow long strokes are your thing, hacksaw it.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 1/3/08, 06:08 PM
  #14320  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: May 17, 2007
Location: Texa$
Posts: 1,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Highly doubt it. Sawzall is your best bet for a quickie. But, if slow long strokes are your thing, hacksaw it.
A nice variable speed Sawzall would be great.

Slow long strokes Good one Billster
NYNY53 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.