General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
God I love my car...
Fantastic Pics Brian!!! Your car looks great!!

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Ricky & Ronnies I plan on showing up around 6:00 - 6:30 p.m. If it's raining I'll leave the ROUSH in the nest. But if it's dry and sunny...

Here is a weather report for Wednesday:
Looks like we might be ok by 6 pm. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
No, it doesn't affect me at all. Since it was in the paper, I can post this:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,7220436.story
WOW!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'll keep you guys updated whether it goes down or not.

I'm not sweating either install, but the m-mounts looks to be a little challenging. I might have to remove the Shaker before jacking up the engine.. we'll see.
I would be glad to come over and help! Just say the word!
Old 12/19/07, 11:27 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The mount everest ride was ultra cool! Im looking forward to the engine mount write up...
Old 12/19/07, 12:17 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
The mount everest ride was ultra cool!
It's awesome!

In fact, I think I'll head over there on my way out... I'm dyin' to ride.
Old 12/19/07, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Looks like we might be ok by 6 pm. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!
The same! It's the only reason why I'm going.. not to listen to Jon's raffle pitch.

Originally Posted by USMC0341
I would be glad to come over and help! Just say the word!
I'm sure I'll have something for you to do!

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Im looking forward to the engine mount write up...
I'll be sure to take lots of pics of the install.
Old 12/19/07, 05:50 PM
GTR Member

I'm asking for trouble:

Granatelli Turbo Install II

I'm kinda PO'd that they closed the first one. It was meant to show my progress, not to turn into a customer service issue.
Old 12/19/07, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm asking for trouble:

I'm kinda PO'd that they closed the first one. It was meant to show my progress, not to turn into a customer service issue.

I coulda told you they were going to close it last week..... right around the time I got my popcorn smilie in. Frankly, and honestly no disrespect meant towards you, they shoulda closed it. There was some good info but really there got to be almost as much other crap too (not by you, but by others including JR) that pretty much ruined it.

I do agree with Bill's comments regarding the sporadic trouble experienced by users of that kit; I haven't brought it up before but does anyone remember a year or two ago where JR sold a member here that same kit, and the car blew up (on the dyno I believe) because the GMS tune was like way, way too lean? And if I remember right, he had serious overboost too (kinda like your 13 psi or whatever it was that you saw on the dyno).

Anyway man, best of luck- you'll get it figured out.
Old 12/19/07, 07:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I haven't brought it up before but does anyone remember a year or two ago where JR sold a member here that same kit, and the car blew up (on the dyno I believe) because the GMS tune was like way, way too lean? And if I remember right, he had serious overboost too (kinda like your 13 psi or whatever it was that you saw on the dyno).

Anyway man, best of luck- you'll get it figured out.
Thanks for the luck! I'm gettin' there...

At least I was way too rich! And we knew exactly what the A/F ratio was before putting it on the dyno, so I guess Scott did it the smart way.

I might have been telling Bill about this on the phone, but that 13psi I saw would have been bad if coupled with a few other bad things, like being too lean, and/or discharge temps being too high, and a couple other things Scott mentioned to me. Since everything else was in check, the 13psi was scary, but OK.

That's why I got the 0-10 psi boost controller. No matter where I put it, I should be fine. I'd verify with Scott first, but I bed I'd be safe dialing it in to 10psi for the Dyno Jet run in January.
Old 12/19/07, 08:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Jonathan, WE are your support/motivation group!

Now go out and take some pics of your ride and post them up.

Sorry to hear about the brake ordeal, sounds like you've got a handle on it now though.

Maybe I'll motivate myself into taking some pictures. No work tomorrow and no one home. Perfect time to rinse, wash, and detail Possibly give it a good wax since it's been over a month since I've had the new hood to let the paint set.

Well, after days worth of driving on the new brake system I give it two 's up. Pedal feel has deff changed. It has much less play in it. Added confidence behind the wheel.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a newb when it comes to car mechanics. I'm learning as I go and wouldn't have it any other way. Lol, I even lost the SS line install sheet and still managed with zero problems. Good simple install. And of course these new rotorpro rotors look great behind the wheel.

And this friday I'll pull the trigger on the MGW short shifter. I'm sure this install should go much faster then the whole break ordeal. Those of you who've installed it. How do you rate it on difficulty/time? While the car was jacked up I took a peek at what I'd be getting myself into and that shifter area is a TIGHT spot.

Question is should I keep stock **** or go after market and if so which one? Help me spend money.
Old 12/19/07, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Maybe I'll motivate myself into taking some pictures. No work tomorrow and no one home. Perfect time to rinse, wash, and detail Possibly give it a good wax since it's been over a month since I've had the new hood to let the paint set.

Well, after days worth of driving on the new brake system I give it two 's up. Pedal feel has deff changed. It has much less play in it. Added confidence behind the wheel.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm a newb when it comes to car mechanics. I'm learning as I go and wouldn't have it any other way. Lol, I even lost the SS line install sheet and still managed with zero problems. Good simple install. And of course these new rotorpro rotors look great behind the wheel.

And this friday I'll pull the trigger on the MGW short shifter. I'm sure this install should go much faster then the whole break ordeal. Those of you who've installed it. How do you rate it on difficulty/time? While the car was jacked up I took a peek at what I'd be getting myself into and that shifter area is a TIGHT spot.

Question is should I keep stock **** or go after market and if so which one? Help me spend money.
I really like the MGW shift **** after seeing it on Bill's car. FYI-I'm talking about their "gripper" **** not the "concept" ****. Although If I had manual I think I'd get a cue ball with a Packers logo on it.

I've been looking at the Agent 47 mirrors lately. I know I said no more mods untill I get new tires but that doesn't mean I can't look ahead.
Old 12/19/07, 08:45 PM
Cobra Member

Its really not a big deal to install, this coming from a guy who is learning as I go as well and I'm not the most mechanically inclined fella Having an engineering degree doesn't mean I'm mechanically competent Thats for sure.

I'm also 6'2" and I jacked the car up off the ground (all four tires up) and it wasn't bad at all getting under and into it. Its tight in areas but not bad. I took my time, really took my time and it was like between 1-2 hrs, probably closer to 1 hr if I remember correctly, but I was having so much fun installing I just took my time and enjoyed the install. It was also like 95 degrees out that day so I had fans blowing on me and just went slow.

Stock looks OK, but I went with the Hurst black eight ball **** (from Summit) If you did the SS brake lines you will have no issues with the MGW, rust me on that.
Old 12/19/07, 08:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I really like the MGW shift **** after seeing it on Bill's car. FYI-I'm talking about their "gripper" **** not the "concept" ****. Although If I had manual I think I'd get a cue ball with a Packers logo on it.

I've been looking at the Agent 47 mirrors lately. I know I said no more mods untill I get new tires but that doesn't mean I can't look ahead.
Just get a piece of cheese replica Leo for the ****

The ole cheese grip instead of a cheese head
Old 12/19/07, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

I'm asking for trouble:

No you should be OK, I think we all will behave, at this point whats to gain by getting cranky all over again. I'm more interested in how this all plays out and finding the root cause and the fix.

And most of all seeing you with a sh$t a$$ grin on your face when all that power comes on line instantly and you roast your tires down to the steel belts

I can say without a doubt from the pictures you've posted Tom your mechanical work is superior by far and equals if not surpasses most professional installations and work performed by the best at installing these kits. I'm really impressed.

We do have a number of people here at TMS that are very very good at the work they perform on their cars, you all know WHO you Are
Old 12/19/07, 09:06 PM
Cobra R Member

I really like these. Just not enough to spend that money over my Hurst ****. You can get them custom made. I would get one if I were getting an MGW.

http://www.grabberpony.com/index.php...d&productId=35
Old 12/19/07, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I really like these. Just not enough to spend that money over my Hurst ****. You can get them custom made. I would get one if I were getting an MGW.

http://www.grabberpony.com/index.php...d&productId=35
Good one Kyle, I like them as well and if I was in the buy mode I'd be all over a black **** with the ford blue inlay (I've adopted the ford blue color theme for my GT) for the 5 sp shift pattern Good stuff

I also have grown to really like the Vista blue color (as a result of Brians car) Brian has really done a nice job with his GT and color and mods. Me likey Brian
Old 12/19/07, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by philster2003
I also have grown to really like the Vista blue color (as a result of Brians car) Brian has really done a nice job with his GT and color and mods. Me likey Brian
What about Sonic Blue?
Old 12/19/07, 09:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
What about Sonic Blue?
Is that a color.....................Just kidding. I'm not real familiar with Sonic Blue color Kyle is it as dark as Vista Blue? If it is or similar then heck yes I like Sonic blue as well

I'm thinking after looking at your pics of your Pony Kyle Sonic blue is a bit lighter in color to the Vista Blue? If so I'm always leaning towards a darker blue. I have dark blue Honda and have had a bunch of dark blue cars in the past like the GTI and other Honda's
Old 12/19/07, 09:50 PM
Cobra R Member

Sonic is actually darker haha. It looks almost purple in the right light. They look much more different in person than in photos.
Sonic

Vista
Old 12/19/07, 10:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Tom: Good luck with the Turbo II thread. You better police it yourself before the Mods step in, if you want to keep it open.

Jonathan: See my 'How-To' thread on the MGW install. Get both shift handles (SAE and Metric), that way you'll be able to run any **** you want.

Just came back from the Mustang Cafe. Met up with Brian, George, and Jed. It was butt cold out there, but they had free cookies!
Sorry no pics, Jed and George took a few though.

My LCA's out of the box... no grease fittings on either end.
Guess they're 'maintenance free'?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_3230.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_3231.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_3232.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_3233.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_3235.jpg  

Old 12/19/07, 11:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to catch up. Popped in-n-out during work but couldn't really post.

Tom Looking forward to more technical info on the TurboII thread and to hear how the car is now that the Boost Controller is in. Ditto on Phil's comment, it looks like it belongs on the car the install is that nice.

Jon There is nothing better than a freshly cleaned black car. They are jaw-dropping. We'll be waiting for the pics.... oh yeah, is everything cool now with the brakes/rotors/paint ? I might have missed it.

Phil Thank Buddy. I appreciate it. Not knocking the Sonic Blue but the purplish thing completely threw me off and I was going to go with Windveil. Then I saw the Vista. There is nothing wrong with the Alloy either, it's a great color... speaking of which, where are your pics ??

Like Bill just got back from Rickie & Ronnie's. Would have had pics using the lens that I bought for nights like this, but like a dope left the camera at home D'oh. Great as always chewing the fat w/Bill, George and Bill. I was DONE by the end of the night though... not feeling too good, maybe too many cookies.

Is it just me or can't the weekend get here fast enough ?
Old 12/19/07, 11:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

My LCA's out of the box... no grease fittings on either end. Guess they're 'maintenance free'?
What's with the zip ties around the bushings? Where does that lube go? They look sweet.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)