General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/07, 10:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the C-Stripes but the GT emblem always broke it up. Remove the emblem.

Then again, I really like the way your car looks as is.... so I dunno.
Knee-jerk reaction.... C-Stripe... How many times would I change my mind if it were my car 'bout 197, natch

Welll I didn't make a great vid like Bill (I really need to get a stick pod myself) but hopefully I took some cool pics.

Went to the USAC Turkey Night Grad Prix. I just bought a 50mm f/1.8 lens (Bill & Ray'd know) which may not sound great but it allowed me to take night-time pics without a flash and a decent speed so I didn't need a tripod either. They're not BIG-LENS great, I spend my money on my car, but hell it worked. The cars under full power are doing about 100-120 in front of me, so given the low light it and my rusty skillz I'm happy
Old 11/23/07, 11:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

So here we go. Hope you like 'em....

They had some D1 Drift cars there as an exhibition, cool stuff. Not sure I'd go pay and see 'em but that's just me. It's just ice-skating with cars. Photobucket album

They're not in the order that I took 'em or I'd want them to be, the flock uploader does weird things sometimes.

Old 11/23/07, 11:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Guys, check it out and let me know what you think:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74002
I voted leave the car as is. If anything get some fading stripes like Bills. I like the CS, PJ and C-Style stripes but don't think they'd work on your car since you already have the lemans. JMO

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Sweet!

Brian-Nice pics

Bill,Jed,Brian,George are we still on for tomorrow?
Old 11/24/07, 12:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
I voted leave the car as is. If anything get some fading stripes like Bills. I like the CS, PJ and C-Style stripes but don't think they'd work on your car since you already have the lemans. JMO

Sweet!

Brian-Nice pics

Bill,Jed,Brian,George are we still on for tomorrow?
yeah. Unless I hear otherwise from one of you guys I plan on being there
Old 11/24/07, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Bill make some new friends and not tell us about it? Where are you in the pic though?
Old 11/24/07, 04:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Check out the power wheels Stang in grey over on the left!
Old 11/24/07, 04:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Check out the power wheels Stang in grey over on the left!
Sure that isn't a GT really far away?
Old 11/25/07, 12:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
if it is, that woman's like 30 feet tall, haha
Old 11/25/07, 02:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Hey Bill make some new friends and not tell us about it? Where are you in the pic though?
Looks like I have a clone!
(except for the CAI)
Old 11/25/07, 02:36 AM

my belated B-Day bash!

Pt.1: Hung out with Brian, Leo, George, and Jed at Lucky Strike bowl. No bowling, but had a few drinks and some good laughs!

Pt.2: Moved the party to *&%^$@# ()... no comment.
All I can say is that it involved me onstage, shirtless, getting spanked, and being paraded around the pole. Nuff said.

Sorry George you had to go to work and miss all the action.

Brian, Leo, and Jed..
Old 11/25/07, 05:56 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
All I can say is that it involved me onstage, shirtless, getting spanked, and being paraded around the pole.
I'm glad I wasn't there!

Old 11/25/07, 07:49 AM
Cobra Member

All I can say is that it involved me onstage, shirtless, getting spanked, and being paraded around the pole. Nuff said.
Not a good visual...

Old 11/25/07, 09:53 AM

Trust me guys, well worth it!

Lemme tell ya, Leo is a party animal. Had a hard time trying to keep up!

Jed, got the pic from Lucky Strike with our waitress?

btw, to keep things Mustang related, I wore my new Mustang shirt yesterday.
Old 11/25/07, 10:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Trust me guys, well worth it!

Lemme tell ya, Leo is a party animal. Had a hard time trying to keep up!

Jed, got the pic from Lucky Strike with our waitress?

btw, to keep things Mustang related, I wore my new Mustang shirt yesterday.
What a night! with the TMS clan at Luckystrike, to bad the wait was 3 hours to go bowling. But like a good pit crew we improvised and ate and drank. Great scenery at LS and the place is nice too. I think I need to come here more often. Bill brought the "Switzer Hammer" Next time I'm going to bring a small tripod so I can get in the shot with that cutie! The night progressed into more sinfull situations topped off with a Johnny's Pasrtami "gut bomb" pastrami Below a small compilation, I used my cheap point and shoot sorry about the sucky quality but it "got her done".

Jed

Old 11/25/07, 10:51 AM
GTR Member

Kyle... we need to go bowling sometime!
Old 11/25/07, 11:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

It was fun. Probably the nicest hippest bowling alley I've ever been to. I've never been to a bowling alley that had a dress-code. Would have been nice to hear each other talk. Dang kids with the loud music

The other place was OK I guess. Don't get me wrong I like the eye-candy. But I don't like throwing away money. At least in Vegas you feel like you might have a chance.

Bill being paraded=priceless. But honestly We had no idea she was gonna do that. Figured it was just a lap-dance of honor grind-a-thon and that was about it.

Great to hang with Bill, Jed, George and Leo.
Old 11/25/07, 12:45 PM
GTR Member

I think I'm going to break down and get the Classic Design Concepts center gauge pod. I think being a convertible, that will look good at car shows. So, now to come up with 3 gauges.

Actually, the reason I want it is for water temperature. The exhaust pipes come close to the fan and even though I don't think it would ever fail, if it does I would like a better gauge monitoring water temp. That's 1. Hopefully there's a monifold plug that I can screw a sensor into.

Since anybody with forced induction wants a boost gauge, I'm going to get a boost/vacuum gauge. Even though I don't need it since I can't change boost at all, nor do I want to be able to mess with it. That's 2.

I don't want an A/F ratio gauge. They are too annoying with that digital band flashing back and forth (especially at night). If they made an analog one, I would get it.

So - what should my third gauge be? Would be cool to get this: Pyrometer.

EDIT: I just went outside to see how hard it is to get wires to the vent.

I think I'll get the dual A-Pillar set-up instead! I don't know how the hell you are supposed to get wires from that CDC gauge pod.

So, that settles it... Water Temp, and Boost/Vacuum. Just need to figure out where to pick up water temperature in the manifold.

Old 11/25/07, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Kyle... we need to go bowling sometime!
We can't let these Cali guys have all the fun.

I think I'm going to break down and get the Classic Design Concepts center gauge pod.
I knew you'd give in.
Old 11/25/07, 04:33 PM
GTR Member

I think I'll take my "MACH 1" out of the shaker now.

I liked it because it was sending air into the factory air box (just like the 2003 and 2004 Mach 1's) and now it isn't doing that any more.
Old 11/25/07, 06:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think I'm going to break down and get the Classic Design Concepts center gauge pod. I think being a convertible, that will look good at car shows. So, now to come up with 3 gauges.

Actually, the reason I want it is for water temperature. The exhaust pipes come close to the fan and even though I don't think it would ever fail, if it does I would like a better gauge monitoring water temp. That's 1. Hopefully there's a monifold plug that I can screw a sensor into.

Since anybody with forced induction wants a boost gauge, I'm going to get a boost/vacuum gauge. Even though I don't need it since I can't change boost at all, nor do I want to be able to mess with it. That's 2.

I don't want an A/F ratio gauge. They are too annoying with that digital band flashing back and forth (especially at night). If they made an analog one, I would get it.

So - what should my third gauge be? Would be cool to get this: Pyrometer.

EDIT: I just went outside to see how hard it is to get wires to the vent.

I think I'll get the dual A-Pillar set-up instead! I don't know how the hell you are supposed to get wires from that CDC gauge pod.

So, that settles it... Water Temp, and Boost/Vacuum. Just need to figure out where to pick up water temperature in the manifold.

Why Water Temp. I know the stock gauge doesn't show numbers but there has to be something somewhere that shows what the difference or range it displays, from that you can deduct what the temp is from the position, right ? It's more work yes but you'll have duplicate gauges.
Instead of tapping the manifold couldn't you come off the temp sensor that exists now ?

No completely sure about CDC pods but I know some require drilling holes into the dash. Not a fan of that at all so my vote would be a pillar gauge pod.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)