General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/07, 10:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
LA Auto Show 07

Back from the LA Auto Show!

Jed has all the pics, including the 08 Bullitt.

Thoughts...

Bullitt: Ho hum.. It's not bad, but Ford could have made it more exciting. Basically is a stock GT with some Bullitt badging and some FRPP engine stuff. Tires are still 235's.

Edge: Ford had one modified Edge with a turbo and custom wheels, it actually looked more exciting than the Bullitt. Color was also Highland Green... so much for the exclusive Bullitt color.

FR500: The one at the show is basically a GT. Only 'appearance' items are made to look like a race car, but Jed and I blew it's cover and opened the hood... stock engine with a FRPP CAI and some headers. Also still has the 2-pc steel DS!

All in all it was pretty fun. Brad get's first dibs on the pics, but I'm sure Jed will post up a few pics later.
Old 11/14/07, 10:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I think some one beat youse ?
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-112_2007_los_angeles_03z-2008_ford_mustang_bullitt-rear_profile.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-112_2007_los_angeles_04z-2008_ford_mustang_bullitt-front_profile.jpg  
Old 11/14/07, 11:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Also still has the 2-pc steel DS!
I'm sure that would hold up well on the race track.
Old 11/14/07, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I think some one beat youse ?
LOL! Pics of the Bullitt are all over the net (even check TMS's homepage). Jed's got some different angles not yet seen.

I also have some video footage.
Old 11/15/07, 02:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

LOL! Pics of the Bullitt are all over the net (even check TMS's homepage). Jed's got some different angles not yet seen.

I also have some video footage.

Here are some pict's of the Bullitt as Taco said the Bullitt left us limp

We thought the Edge was more interesting + it's got a turbo

The FR500 on the floor was a wolf in sheeps clothing. I don't know why Ford would show this at such a high profile show

We snuck a peek at the power plant

More to come it's B time

Jed
Old 11/15/07, 02:55 AM
GTR Member

I just hope my hood doesn't rub into the covers.
Unfortunately, mine did. That wasn't the only reason, but was the main reason I sent them back.

-------------------------------

Great pics, Jed - now I have to scroll left and right for this whole page.

The turbo is done! I drove it around yesterday a little bit, but I'm not getting on it AT ALL until I get it dialed in to perfection.

I did hear the Blow of Valve doing it's thing, though!

Underhood temps didn't seem to be an issue at all - after driving it, I can put my hand on (and hold) the wrapped exhaust pipes right by the turbo compressor.

I finished it up late last night and practically threw on the Shaker (since I'm taking it off anyway for the custom tuning so he has access to things and so we can see stuff better).

I did something different with the Shaker tube coming from around the back. I cut off the tube right by the dipstick right by the "C" in "Cold Air" printed on it. I cleaned up the cut edge with some black door molding. It was my dad's idea - it looks really good and covers the "bathtub". Also, it doesn't look like I'm trying to feed more air to the air cleaner, but nobody can tell me that SOME cooler air is coming in there when I'm driving - and that can only help with underhood temps.

I leave work today and go right to the Jack Roush show - so there will be no pictures today at all... but there will be by this weekend when things slow down.
Old 11/15/07, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Let me be the first to say congrats, welcome to the FI club!!!

Bill, Leo..........

YOU'RE NEXT!
Old 11/15/07, 05:59 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Let me be the first to say congrats, welcome to the FI club!!!

Bill, Leo..........

YOU'RE NEXT!
Thanks! Just have to get it dyno-tuned now to dial it in before I can really get on it...
Old 11/15/07, 06:26 AM
Cobra Member

Great pics Jed! I like Bullets air intake, shift **** and wheels. Grey calipers? Why bother. I'm definately not feeling the whole "engine turned " dashboard. The interior looks boring... I definately like my red over it. As far as the exterior... It was supposed to be underwhelming, but it is boring. I like what they did to the engine and suspension but I think I will stick with mine. All and all not bad for the price but not a home run.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Hmmmnnn... Maybe it's time to upgrade that monitor.... I'd suggest getting a 15 or 17 inch....

The turbo is done!
Cool!
Old 11/15/07, 06:48 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Wow, I love the interior in the 500, that's sweet. Good pics of the whole event! I like that Edge.
Old 11/15/07, 07:55 AM

Bill, Leo..........

YOU'RE NEXT!

Normally Aspirated all the way!

Originally Posted by pville piper
Great pics Jed! I like Bullets air intake, shift **** and wheels. Grey calipers? Why bother. I'm definately not feeling the whole "engine turned " dashboard. The interior looks boring... I definately like my red over it. As far as the exterior... It was supposed to be underwhelming, but it is boring. I like what they did to the engine and suspension but I think I will stick with mine. All and all not bad for the price but not a home run.
Calipers are just painted, nothing special.
Suspension looked stock to me.

The Bullitt is just another model, I don't think it was meant to be the Second Coming.
Old 11/15/07, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, mine did. That wasn't the only reason, but was the main reason I sent them back.

The turbo is done! I drove it around yesterday a little bit, but I'm not getting on it AT ALL until I get it dialed in to perfection.

I did hear the Blow of Valve doing it's thing, though!

Underhood temps didn't seem to be an issue at all - after driving it, I can put my hand on (and hold) the wrapped exhaust pipes right by the turbo compressor.

I finished it up late last night and practically threw on the Shaker (since I'm taking it off anyway for the custom tuning so he has access to things and so we can see stuff better).

I did something different with the Shaker tube coming from around the back. I cut off the tube right by the dipstick right by the "C" in "Cold Air" printed on it. I cleaned up the cut edge with some black door molding. It was my dad's idea - it looks really good and covers the "bathtub". Also, it doesn't look like I'm trying to feed more air to the air cleaner, but nobody can tell me that SOME cooler air is coming in there when I'm driving - and that can only help with underhood temps.

I leave work today and go right to the Jack Roush show - so there will be no pictures today at all... but there will be by this weekend when things slow down.
Those make you scroll ??? WTF ? They're not that big (yeah I'm running a 24 widescreen but still)

Congrats on the turbo, that went quick. At least it isn't throwing codes as you start it so it sounds like you're off on the right foot !!
Old 11/15/07, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Normally Aspirated all the way!

Sure, keep throwin' money at it in a feeble attempt at superiority......

Old 11/15/07, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Calipers are just painted, nothing special.Suspension looked stock to me.
They tweaked the suspension and quite a few reviews have mentioned it positively. I really like that part of the car along with the new brake pads, gears and engine mods and I think Ford is missing the boat limiting these to a one off special addition. I think they could come up with an upgrade package like DCM does and sell these mods on any GT. I mean, just think of these mods on a Cali Special, that would be sweet! My instinct tells me that next year there will be a new special addition and it will be based off these mods with some eye candy body mods like the Cali Special or a simple stripe package that says “Boss†or “Mach 1â€. Won’t that make the purists scream bloody murder!

Sure, keep throwin' money at it in a feeble attempt at superiority......
You guys... Bill ain't the one you need to work on. Push Leo into it (and maybe Brian) and Bill will upgrade just stay ontop...

Old 11/15/07, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

FR500- That has to be one of the worst "race" cars I have ever seen. How lame.

Bullitt- Just another SE. (I would rather have just about any of the GTs here than that car) They should slap some more Bullitt logos on it so it can be like the Super Snake. More logos for everyone!
Old 11/15/07, 09:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

They tweaked the suspension and quite a few reviews have mentioned it positively. I really like that part of the car along with the new brake pads, gears and engine mods and I think Ford is missing the boat limiting these to a one off special addition. I think they could come up with an upgrade package like DCM does and sell these mods on any GT. I mean, just think of these mods on a Cali Special, that would be sweet! My instinct tells me that next year there will be a new special addition and it will be based off these mods with some eye candy body mods like the Cali Special or a simple stripe package that says “Boss†or “Mach 1â€. Won’t that make the purists scream bloody murder!

I've read some of the reviews and I do like it. It's understated but had the capability to whoop some a$$ if needed. The suspension sounds like a great upgrade. The grill.... If I don't get a center fog grill that'd be the one !! Yeah the could have done more but much more and it would have been tacky with a bunch of senseless add-ons that everyone would still ***** about.

You guys... Bill ain't the one you need to work on. Push Leo into it (and maybe Brian) and Bill will upgrade just stay ontop...

Plans are being made, ducks are being lined up and the stars are almost aligned. Thing is, I won't say anything until it's done. mwahahahaha
Old 11/15/07, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Here are some pict's of the Bullitt as Taco said the Bullitt left us limp

Jed
Great pics as usual! Thanks guys That dash looks like it came out of a 1979 Trans am

Originally Posted by JedCranium
The FR500 on the floor was a wolf in sheeps clothing. I don't know why Ford would show this at such a high profile show
It is a entry level type of FR500 for a different racing series that uses a "stockish" engine. Its the same one that was at SEMA. Here's a quote from the press release...
Priced at $75,000 race-ready, the 325-hp Ford Mustang FR500S is the first racing car in the long history of the Ford Motor Company to be built on an assembly line. It represents an entry-level rung on a ladder of racing Mustangs that includes the $129,900, 420-hp FR500C as raced in the Grand-Am KONI Challenge Series, and the $250,000, 525-hp FR500GT that has been homologated for use in the GT class of the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series starting in 2008.http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...se.php?p_id=81
Old 11/15/07, 11:15 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Breaker 1-9, Breaker 1-9...
Old 11/15/07, 12:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Broke the 4,000 post mark.

I'm averaging 7.5 posts per day.
Old 11/15/07, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member