General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/07, 07:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Question for the wise men ? my X wife insists she wants to buy me pretty much any mod I'd like for my GT/CS but what ever I do I don't want to void a warrenty ? what options are there a car freshener. & Thank-You for any feed back.
We have a warrenty?!!!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well I guess more of a drizzle. Still more moisture than I would like on the car.
Lordy... Can you get a load of them So Cal weenies... "My car got drizzled on!"

I don't know but I think Leo has been hanging around Bill too much!

Old 11/10/07, 07:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pville piper

You got us John. But in our defense, we do have a carshow coming up next weekend so we want to keep the cleaning up to a minimum.
Old 11/10/07, 07:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
We have a warrenty?!!!

I don't know but I think Leo has been hanging around Bill too much!

Hey, I never let my car get drizzled on and it rains ever other day up here.
Bill will probably agree... THAT'S WHAT TRUCKS ARE FOR.
Old 11/10/07, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL I wasn't even trying to do that.

I thought it was 10-15 minute drive with 30min-1hr cool down.

OK here's links to the gallery's. More pics and possibly vids to come tomorrow.

Gear install-
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...20410%20gears/

Painted chin spoiler- Let me know what you guys think. Liked it better before or now? I love the way it looks now and can't believe I didn't do it sooner.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...hin%20Spoiler/

SHR-rear medallion (still needs to be installed and have the pony added.) Looks 100000000 times better in person.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r%20medallion/

Gear review postponed till tomorrow. So far no regrets going 4.10.
Looks great Leo!! Congrats
Old 11/10/07, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

You got us John. But in our defense, we do have a carshow coming up next weekend so we want to keep the cleaning up to a minimum.
After last weekend I can sure sympathize! I need to finish the job today and get the tires polished and detail the interior.
Old 11/10/07, 04:01 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I didn't get the tires done, but I quick detailed the interior and washed the exterior. Man, what a difference a good wax makes! The sponge just glided along and after drying the the micro fiber towel she gleams!
I bought some Meguires Quick Detailer for the interior and used it first on the wifes car, man, it did a great job as her interior looks almost new.
I'd do the tires tomorrow but I am going over to Auburn to a friends place to brew some beer. He is making a Klosch style beer. I haven't brewed in 5 years and he hasn't brewed in 3 so it should be interesting anyway!
Old 11/10/07, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Gear review!!!!

Gears fun factor: 10
4.10 gears have been put through the paces. All I can say is wow. It's right up there with intake and tune as far as mods go. I'm so glad I went 4.10. The cars pulls like a SOB and spins the tires through the 1-2 shift. Bill went for a ride along and I think he was impressed.

Drivability: 8
Drives like normal unless you go WOT. Only negative is on the highway 80mph is 3000rpm, 70 is 2500. It's not unbearable or anything but is noticeably louder. Highway MPG has probably decreased by 1-2. But that's to be expected when your doing 80 at 3,000 with the a/c blasting.

So as I'm sure you guys can tell I'm more than happy with my choice.

LCA, LCA Relo brackets Install/review

Don't go into this mod thinking "It's just 6-8 bolts". Those 6-8 bolts were the biggest PITA ever. BMR did such a good job of making them that the holes have to be aligned within a nats *** if you want the bolts to go through. It took Bill and I 3-4 just to install them. Also didn't help Ford decided to put these wierd support brackets on my car. Bill doesn't have them and niether does anyone who I've seen pics of LCA's. Needless to say the 10lb paperwieghts have been removed. (Please check your cars and let me know if you have these.) Bill has the pic of it so I'm sure he'll post later.

Performance wise I don't really know if they made a difference or not only because I never got on the 4.10's before installing so not sure if they helped. Regardless they look better than the fugly factory ones.
BTW-No noises or vibration as has been reported by others.

GMS A-arm support.- 5-6
Easy install. Car doesn't feel any more rigid so not sure if it made a difference. Eitherway it only cost me $30 so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

SHR rear medallion-Not finished
We ran out of time because of the LCA install so I'll be doing this one solo sometime during the coming week.

Stingers-10
Sound better than the flows as expected. Lost some of the "tiny" sound you get with the flows/ o/r h combo. Tom if that tiny sound was what irked you before you may want to consider the stinger/ o/r h combo. Also noticed I had less drone than I did with the flows during cruising with 4.10's. Wierd but true.

Thanks to Bill and Kevin for all their time and help.
Old 11/10/07, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

Tom if that tiny sound
Glad you like the gears!

You added a K-Member brace and I subtracted one (see turbo thread).

Tiny? If it was tiny, I wouldn't have had my stock H-Pipe back on in less than 2 days.

Unless you hear an O/R H-Pipe in a convertible, there is no way to tell what I was hearing. That huge tub (the stows the top) could have been what made it sound strange.

I love the Flowmasters, and I'm sure the turbo will change the sound with the Hi-Flow cats.
Old 11/10/07, 07:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
the unpainted version looks like you haven't finished it.
The nose of my car looks unfinished??

Old 11/10/07, 07:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Glad you like the gears!

You added a K-Member brace and I subtracted one (see turbo thread).

Tiny? If it was tiny, I wouldn't have had my stock H-Pipe back on in less than 2 days.

Unless you hear an O/R H-Pipe in a convertible, there is no way to tell what I was hearing. That huge tub (the stows the top) could have been what made it sound strange.

I love the Flowmasters, and I'm sure the turbo will change the sound with the Hi-Flow cats.
Tiny as in tin can sound not tiny as in little. I love the flows to but I IMO the stingers have a little extra umph that I need.

No Tom I think on your car it looks fine. If I had any other color and I would've kept it black unless of course I went with lemans stripes.
Old 11/10/07, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

A couple of 4.10 in action vids. The one from inside the car you can hear the low fuel warning kick in. It's slamming the gas back so far the car thinks it running out. LOL I love 4.10's

Vid 1 Outside
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=MVI_2325.flv

Vid 2 Inside
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=MVI_2327.flv

BTW-I think I got Bill in trouble with the warden. I probably won't be welcome back at Kevins anytime soon. We were working on the car from 9-5. Basically a full work day.
Old 11/10/07, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of 4.10 in action vids. The one from inside the car you can hear the low fuel warning kick in. It's slamming the gas back so far the car thinks it running out. LOL I love 4.10's

Vid 1 Outside
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=MVI_2325.flv

Vid 2 Inside
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...t=MVI_2327.flv

BTW-I think I got Bill in trouble with the warden. I probably won't be welcome back at Kevins anytime soon. We were working on the car from 9-5. Basically a full work day.
Looking good Leo
Old 11/10/07, 08:35 PM
GTR Member

Tiny as in tin can sound not tiny as in little. I love the flows to but I IMO the stingers have a little extra umph that I need.
That's TINNY.

No Tom I think on your car it looks fine. If I had any other color and I would've kept it black unless of course I went with lemans stripes.
I was kidding Kyle about that.

When I clean it with my tire dressing, it looks like it's gloss black.
Old 11/10/07, 08:41 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Leo, that sounds sick! The fuel chime is great.
Old 11/10/07, 08:41 PM
GTR Member

I took off the tube that runs from the back of the shaker around to the air cleaner.

I don't mind the "bathtub" look - it just looks like it's a drain for water, really.

Then I started thinking - maybe I should leave that tube on and end it with nothing more than a rubber 45 degree angle black coupler pointed between the turbo and the air filter. It looks dumb pointing toward the turbo, and I don't really want it pointing toward the air filter.

The reason would be for COOLING, not for HP.

Since there will definitely be higher under hood temperatures, why not take advantage of air coming in there. Forced or not, there has to be some sort of air coming in there.

Thoughts? It doesn't look like the greatest thing in the world, but it doesn't look terrible, either.

A car guy from down the street came by and said a lot of people that have turbos take off that weatherstripping rubber that's attached to the hood that goes against the cowl.

Air rushing in the front of the engine will replace hot air and he said the low pressure created at the base of the windshield will help suck out the air (but not with that rubber piece there).

Or maybe it wouldn't really matter since I already have a big hole in the hood for hot air to come out around the shaker?
Old 11/10/07, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Cool vids Leo, I'm glad you love the 4:10's. I am gonna be interested in how much time you drop at the drags next time around.
Old 11/10/07, 08:59 PM
Cobra Member

The reason would be for COOLING, not for HP.

Since there will definitely be higher under hood temperatures, why not take advantage of air coming in there. Forced or not, there has to be some sort of air coming in there.
Sounds like it might help. I think removing the rubber would help as well. If I was gonna run a turbo I would think seriously about the Steeda hood or maybe a GT500 hood. Just my 2 cents... Which is about all I have in my pocket any way!
Old 11/10/07, 09:01 PM
GTR Member

Sounds like it might help. I think removing the rubber would help as well. If I was gonna run a turbo I would think seriously about the Steeda hood or maybe a GT500 hood. Just my 2 cents... Which is about all I have in my pocket any way!
I'm not cutting a hole in another hood!

I added that part above while you were typing - about having a big hole in my hood already - heat has a place to go compared to a regular hood. And maybe that "low pressure" wouldn't exist with the hole there?

With all the wrapping I did, I think the majority of the heat will go out the exhaust!
Old 11/10/07, 09:40 PM
Cobra R Member

On a black car.

I don't think it would look good painted on yours.
Old 11/10/07, 09:42 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
On a black car.

I don't think it would look painted on yours.
Especially if it isn't painted...

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)