General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/07, 12:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just purchased a black anadozied fuel door from SHR. Worst case scenario I can send it back and only lose the shipping $$. I pretty sure I'll keep it as I've seen it on Ray's car and liked how it looked. Only thing I might do is paint the screws black.

BTW-Found out CDC is selling the foot rest pedal now. Only problem is they want $83 for it..

I'm waiting to see the pics before deciding wether or not to get it.

Also speaking to Marcello he said the grille panel inserts,window switch plates and a/c ***** should be out before christmas hopefully. Looks like I'm going from no SHR goodies to tons of SHR goodies.
BTW-Just realized with the money I've spent on these "minor mods" in the past 2-3 weeks I could've got gears.
Old 10/17/07, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Depends on his tires, too. If they are stock and a little worn, there will be less grip and therefore less wheel hop as they try to grab the pavement.
I'm running the stock 17's with +26,000 on them and man, talk about loss of traction as they have worn. I have noticed that as the weather has cooled down they have to be watched when applying power. I was in second and rolling at maybe 35 as I came around the sharp corner and floored it as I was going to work the other day. The rear tires broke traction and the car went sideways. I have taken this corner the same way many times and never had that happen before. So I guess that answers my question as to whether or not I'll stay the Pirellis… Not that I was really thinking of staying with them but this drops them from contention.
Old 10/17/07, 12:26 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
I'm running the stock 17's with +26,000 on them and man, talk about loss of traction as they have worn. I have noticed that as the weather has cooled down they have to be watched when applying power. I was in second and rolling at maybe 35 as I came around the sharp corner and floored it as I was going to work the other day. The rear tires broke traction and the car went sideways. I have taken this corner the same way many times and never had that happen before. So I guess that answers my question as to whether or not I'll stay the Pirellis… Not that I was really thinking of staying with them but this drops them from contention.
Yep, but like I keep telling Bill, if he gets the BFGs like me, he won't be able to fool around as much.

1. The tires will grip A LOT better.

2. He won't want to at $184+ per tire.

Old 10/17/07, 12:32 PM
Cobra Member

Yep, but like I keep telling Bill, if he gets the BFGs like me, he won't be able to fool around as much.

1. The tires will grip A LOT better.

2. He won't want to at $184+ per tire.

That is the problem with getting a good tire... Too expensive to burn up!
Old 10/17/07, 12:47 PM
Cobra R Member

V6's can't do burn outs going forward.

Sorry, Kyle, I couldn't resist...
Originally Posted by philster2003
Now Tom, I didn't even want to go there................ You had to say it............. bad Tom, bad Tom

Kyle you going to take that pal....................... Time to vid a forward and reverse burn out for us and to stand up for all the V6 er's out!
That was my pay back for taking 2nd place (and pushing me back to 3rd) at Daytona in the Mustang GT class.

I think it's pretty obvious we have a severe case of bitterness still lingering. I understand though, I would be ****ed if I lost to a V6 too.

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Kyle, any wheel hop when burning out in reverse?

My 90 GT hopped like crazy in R just like this puffy fruitcake!
He said it was "pretty fun"... and there's nothing fun about wheel hop.

Depends on his tires, too. If they are stock and a little worn, there will be less grip and therefore less wheel hop as they try to grab the pavement.
Nah, there wasn't any wheel hop that I noticed. My stock tires now have over 20k on them, so they are getting up there. I even got a 2 wheel burn, which is rare for my car. Peg leg FTL.
Old 10/17/07, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

That is the problem with getting a good tire... Too expensive to burn up!
I feel ya there. I wanna get some new rims and tires, so I might be kissing burnouts goodbye.
Old 10/17/07, 01:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
I think it's pretty obvious we have a severe case of bitterness still lingering. I understand though, I would be ****ed if I lost to a V6 too.
Old 10/17/07, 02:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Just purchased a black anadozied fuel door from SHR. ...Only thing I might do is paint the screws black.

BTW-Found out CDC is selling the foot rest pedal now. Only problem is they want $83 for it..
It's about time you got the billet fuel door! It's what I've been telling you for over a year! BTW, don't paint the screws.

Take pics of the foot rest pedal once it's installed.

I have taken this corner the same way many times and never had that happen before.
John, your car got faster.

That's what you think.

Just because you can't break them loose doesn't mean I can't. I've unleashed a few more ponies compared to yours.
Old 10/17/07, 02:33 PM
GTR Member

Just because you can't break them loose doesn't mean I can't. I've unleashed a few more ponies compared to yours.
I can break the tires loose no problem. I'm just saying that if someone doesn't have wheel hop with the stock tires doesn't mean they won't with softer tires.

I can't slide the rear-end around as much now and I have more horsepower than I did when I COULD slide the rear-end around.

The only difference? The tires...

And #2 is the main reason!
Old 10/17/07, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's about time you got the billet fuel door! It's what I've been telling you for over a year! BTW, don't paint the screws.

Take pics of the foot rest pedal once it's installed.
So true but If I remember correctly your were trying to get me to get the polished one like yours.

It's going to have to be the best looking foot pedal I've ever seen before I plop down $83 for it.
Old 10/17/07, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So Bill when are you ordering your whipple and a-arm support bar?

FYI-Steeda sells a a-arm support for the same price of the BMR except they call it a g-track bar. Here's the link.
http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_g_trac_brace.php
Old 10/17/07, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Anyone looking for a SHR cup bezel.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72446
Old 10/17/07, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Try paying $200+ for Nitto 555s..... and then trying to resist the temptation to burn them off occasionally, or even just to keep from going WOT in the first 3 gears.

Oh wait you guys only worry about WOT in 1st and maybe 2nd gear.....

Old 10/17/07, 03:01 PM
Cobra Member

John, your car got faster.
No, I have taken that corner hard since I got the tune... The tires are just losing traction.
Old 10/17/07, 03:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Anyone looking for a SHR cup bezel.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72446
Wonder why he says that it will fit manual only. I don't think the cupholders are different...
Old 10/17/07, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Try paying $200+ for Nitto 555s..... and then trying to resist the temptation to burn them off occasionally, or even just to keep from going WOT in the first 3 gears.
Tom, this sounds like a serious problem that is causing you much concern and anxiety… Listen bud, don’t you worry about a thing. Just take that supercharge off and ship it to me and you won’t have to worry anymore!
Old 10/17/07, 03:06 PM
GTR Member

No, I have taken that corner hard since I got the tune... The tires are just losing traction.
Going from good stock tires to new softer tires is one thing. Wait till you go from bald stock tires to softer tires... it will be like night and day!
Old 10/17/07, 03:06 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by kh765
Wonder why he says that it will fit manual only. I don't think the cupholders are different...
We could have tried my cupholder in your car if we knew about this the other day...
Old 10/17/07, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

We could have tried my cupholder in your car if we knew about this the other day...
I would hope yours would fit mine, both being manuals.

I have the SHR cupholder bezel and it didn't saying anything about it being for manuals only when I ordered it.
Old 10/17/07, 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Tom, this sounds like a serious problem that is causing you much concern and anxiety… Listen bud, don’t you worry about a thing. Just take that supercharge off and ship it to me and you won’t have to worry anymore!

Hahaha I like how you think John, really I do but I can't oblige.....

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)