General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 10:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought you'd be back on with tons of pics by now, Bill... it's after 9pm there!
Old 4/20/06, 09:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 19, 2006, 9:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thought you'd be back on with tons of pics by now, Bill... it's after 9pm there!
[/b][/quote]
It was a long night... my first club I joined! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I feel special now.

I was there from about 5pm (1st one there, what a rookie!) til almost 9pm. Great club, great bunch of people and great food! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Click on my photo album on my sig for pics of the cruise-in.

If anyone's local to Torrance, I highly recommend you cruise down for the next Mustang Cafe on May 17. No membership required! (but, you'll probably end up joining like I did)

Old 4/20/06, 11:49 AM

Couple of new MGW billet additions for y'all to check out! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Cupholders

With silver anodized finish bezel (at present, just layed into place, no tape or velcro applied).

OEM door pin

Door pin unscrewed

Comparison: billet pin vs OEM plastic pin

Billet pin screwed down to correct height (in locked position), then tightened internal set-screw.

Second set-screw is then screwed into pin just far enough for the third (silver) cosmetic set-screw to sit flush on top of pin.

Install complete! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
UP position

DOWN position

Sunglasses required! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ April 17, 2006, 12:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Eject Button Install - before and after...

Install write-up coming tomorrow!!!
[/b][/quote]
Looks good I did your write-up for you. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
I see you were listening to Phil Collins that day [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
And just where the heck has Susan been? Tax season is over and she went into hiding [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Your new additions look great Bill, Which Power Outlet Plug you get ? Eject, GT or the pony ?? (Chrome or silver anodized) and did you use Susan's Install Write-up for it ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 08:26 PM
GTR Member

Nice car show pics, Bill! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

I just LOOOOVE your additional MGW accessories, Bill! They look very, very familiar for some reason. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

I still haven't used velcro or tape on the cup bezel. It doesn't make any noise when driving (it fits so well) even with the low profile 20's! To clean, I just take it out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 20, 2006, 8:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Your new additions look great Bill, Which Power Outlet Plug you get ? Eject, GT or the pony ?? (Chrome or silver anodized)[/b][/quote]
He got the GT Emblem in Triple Chrome, like me!
Old 4/20/06, 08:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 20, 2006, 5:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your new additions look great Bill, Which Power Outlet Plug you get ? Eject, GT or the pony ?? (Chrome or silver anodized) and did you use Susan's Install Write-up for it ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/roll.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Yes, Tom is correct, I got the 'GT' in triple Chrome. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Pic says it all! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 20, 2006, 7:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice car show pics, Bill! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

I just LOOOOVE your additional MGW accessories, Bill! They look very, very familiar for some reason. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

I still haven't used velcro or tape on the cup bezel... To clean, I just take it out.
[/b][/quote]
Cool! Glad you enjoyed the pics. I was afraid to bust out my show poster and window sticker... didn't want to look like a 'you know what' my first time out. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Yeah, got the idea on my MGW accessories from some cool dude. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I'm just laying the bezel in without tape myself. Don't see a need to tape it down. Like you mentioned, makes cleaning a breeze!
Old 4/20/06, 09:07 PM
GTR Member

Ever since seeing the pictures for the planned GT/California Special, I've thought my car was already on it's way to looking pretty similar. Take a look:

[attachmentid=47465]

Here's a checklist for me:

Requirements:
You have to order a Premium GT Coupe or Convertible... Done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
You have to order the Interior Upgrade Package... Done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Features:
Pony Emblem Engine Cover... Done with the Midwest Plenum Cover [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Bright Rolled Dual Exhaust Tips... Done with the Flowmaster Exhaust [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Integrated Chin Spoiler... It won't be integrated, but I can have the CDC Chin Spoiler painted white with the center black.
Hood Scoop... I'm already inquiring about getting the exact GT/CS hood scoop from the dealer.
Side Scoops... Same as the hood scoop.
1.5" Lower Ride Height than the GT... this is only up front because of the chin spoiler, so that will be done, too.
18" Polished Aluminum Wheels (64W)... I'll have bullitts, but black (better on white, IMO) instead of polished aluminum... ordered [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
GT/CS Bodyside Stripes... I like the look and may try to get the exact stripes... but I'll use my GT emblem instead of the GT/CS.
Larger Air Intake... I'll be looking for the appearance more than the performance, so this won't be needed.
Rear Diffuser... I guess I'll look into this, too... Bill?

And I like the look of the clear corner lights... I still think the amber sticks out like a sore thumb on a white car:

[attachmentid=47470]

I may even change back to my Chrome Pony in the grille to complete the look.

Plus, I'll have my own unique features... like the Midwest Mirror Inserts... and the Silverhorse Racing Taillight Panel.
Old 4/20/06, 10:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 20, 2006, 8:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ever since seeing the pictures for the planned GT/California Special, I've thought my car was already on it's way to looking pretty similar...
[/b][/quote]
Clone or not, it's surely going to be sharp and original.

I know we talked about the scoop before, but I wonder how similar it is to the Roush design.
It may be because it's a pre-production model, but you can see the scoop fastening studs don't line up with the underhood liner perfectly. Curious to see what it looks like on a Roush scoop.

Front chin spoiler on the CS definately has a 2 piece appearance. 2-toning a CDC spoiler is an interesting idea, haven't seen one done yet. You can always paint the spoiler and hood scoop matte black (or all PW). Definately a personal choice here. Same will go for the rear diffuser.

I'm planning on a CDC Classic Chin and the Street Scene rear diffuser, both painted TR to match. Still undecided exactly which scoop (if any) I'll get. If not for the cost, cutting a hole in my hood, and losing the beautiful plenum cover I just bought, I'd really consider the CDC Shaker. Can you picture this set-up on my TR? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey everyone, just dicovered this thread... Bill, I love the MGW accessories. I'm highly contemplating between the running pony and GT Power outlet plug. Your interior is looking nice though.

I've got the CDC chin spoiler, and absolutely love it. It really sets off the car, without having to get full ground effects. Mine is also painted matte black; I think it looks much better this way than having it painted the body color.
Old 4/21/06, 07:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 21, 2006, 5:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey everyone, just dicovered this thread... Bill, I love the MGW accessories. I'm highly contemplating between the running pony and GT Power outlet plug. Your interior is looking nice though.

I've got the CDC chin spoiler, and absolutely love it. It really sets off the car, without having to get full ground effects. Mine is also painted matte black; I think it looks much better this way than having it painted the body color.
[/b][/quote]
Hi Erik! Welcome to the thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img]

Thanks for the MGW compliments, Tom (89 Trooper) and I pretty much have the same interior accessories going on.

Do post pics of your CDC chin spoiler, would like to see how it looks up against the Sonic Blue.
Old 4/21/06, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 21, 2006, 7:52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img] Erik. Check the first page for some good BookMarks. My MSWord File links aren't working worth a darn.
Going to have to find a better spot to host them I guess. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the welcome! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Don't worry Daryl, despite the ms word files, still some very good info. Bill, here are some pics of my chin..as well as some of my CDC ducktail. I would recommend CDC's ducktail..it's installation is very solid. Sorry for the quality in pics, they are from my cell phone.

Chin, & ducktail
Old 4/21/06, 09:19 AM
GTR Member

Looks great, Erik!

Should be easy for me to figure out where to stop the white if I two-tone it like the GT/CS. I'll probably order my chin spoiler soon...

Oh... I vote for the GT Power Outlet Plug!

Just my opinion, but GT = GT plug, V6 = Pony plug.
Old 4/21/06, 09:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ April 21, 2006, 7:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill, here are some pics of my chin..as well as some of my CDC ducktail.
[/b][/quote]
Very nice, Erik! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I vote for the 'GT' plug as well, but they both look nice so you can't go wrong with either.

Any other mods planned? Perhaps a new exhaust? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 09:32 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 21, 2006, 11:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Any other mods planned? Perhaps a new exhaust? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Yes... Perhaps a new exhaust??
Old 4/21/06, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 10:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just my opinion, but GT = GT plug, V6 = Pony plug.
[/b][/quote]
What about the "EJECT" button. I actually like that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Definitely new exhaust, hmmm maybe Flowmasters 17410 ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 09:49 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 11:44 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>What about the "EJECT" button. I actually like that one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img][/b][/quote]I was just giving my opinion on the 2 he was looking at.
[attachmentid=47519][attachmentid=47524]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Definitely new exhaust, hmmm maybe Flowmasters 17410 ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Yes, maybe Flowmasters 17410 ? What do you think, Bill?

Poor Erik... he doesn't know what he's in for with the exhaust battle! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey I'm thinking about some more interior upgrade stuff, A/c *****, cupholder, etc. (D A M N YOU Tom & Bill AGAIN !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] )
What do you guys think about these, something different.
[attachmentid=47525]
Old 4/21/06, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

Who makes those *****? The MGW ***** and other things really match the IUP, so look at that, too, when you decide.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 11:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>(D A M N YOU Tom & Bill AGAIN !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]Bill and I pay each other $20 when you order something that we already ordered.
Old 4/21/06, 10:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 10:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Who makes those *****? The MGW ***** and other things really match the IUP, so look at that, too, when you decide.[/b][/quote]
UPR Products
They come in Polished or Satin and either Red, Green or Blue Illumination.
I'm thinking Satin and either Green (Match other radio lights) or Blue Illumination (match My Gauges)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 10:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill and I pay each other $20 when you order something that we already ordered.
[/b][/quote]
This wouldn't surprise me so I will alternate to keep it even [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)