General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/07, 09:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Project AF* is complete. It was a very long weekend and this is the first time I've been home since Friday evening. The pictures are below

I'm gonna make you work for this....

*(abject failure)

It took me and my dad over 4 hours trying to get the piece that I had a problem with last night, the trunk spoiler 3rd brake light, to work. We tried heat, little heat, setting the deck lid first, setting the spoiler piece first, setting the 3rd brake light first. Everything. In the end I threw away 150 bucks and a weekend accomplishing nothing at all. I'm not happy about it, I'm not happy I couldn't get it to work. But come he ll or high water I will have stripes on this car. It just looked to friggin good just having the hood, roof and partial trunk done to completely give up now.
Old 9/9/07, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are some cool stripes...

WTF!

I know this is a tender time for you but have you considered painted stripes? Charlie had his done for $1,800 bones including clear coat. StangWorks did it. It looks great all you have to do is sign the check.

Bill2
Old 9/9/07, 10:17 PM
Cobra R Member

They are subtle, give her a sleeper look.

Just kiddin Brian, sorry things didn't work out. They WILL look good once you get them done and everything.
Old 9/9/07, 11:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Unhappy Nooooo....

O man! Sorry Brian. Hope it works out soon! I wish we could help and make it all better.
Old 9/10/07, 06:08 AM
Cobra Member

Dang Brian! Couldn't you have left what you had on and finished another day or got some professional help? I'm sure TacoBill would have givin you some help. You were so close and then to throw it all away. Wow.
Old 9/10/07, 06:15 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Phil... Did you forget something? And you called me a slacker! I got your slacker for you...

Old 9/10/07, 07:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Anyway we watched this video on YouTube on a Grand National check it out. Remember this car is a 6 banger but it's a performer with the best of them...
Yup, I remember the GN's. They were at one point king of the hill (even beating out the Vette).
No matter how it performed, at the end of the day it was still a Buick Regal with turbos.

Pass.

Originally Posted by habu
Project AF* is complete.

Sorry it didn't work out man. Never got a call from you, so I thought all was going kosher.

If it makes you feel any better, I know of at least one other guy that ripped off his vinyl and threw them in the trash.

Sounds like the rear emblem/decklid was the breaking point? Did my suggestion on mating these 2 pieces help any at all?

Not that any of this matters anymore, but did you remove the ducktail and attempt to lay down the decklid and emblem stripes? This should have worked without too much trouble (only issues being what I described earlier). Then, the ducktail should have been placed into position, mark the gap location, and striped off the car. If you tried all of this, then never mind.
Old 9/10/07, 10:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Packers are undeafeated.

Did you watch the game Daryl? It was a nailbiter. Thank god for the crappy Special teams play by the Eagles.
Yep I saw the game. Can't believe we pulled that one out.
Well you are 1 for 1, although it was not for the reasons you stated, still you were correct.

BOOMER SOONER !!!! 2-0 & Ranked #3 in the AP Poll baby, outscoring opponents 130-23
North Texas 79-10 (Yea I know it was North Texas, but still...)
Miami Hurricanes 51-13 (Not the team they once were, but....)
Old 9/10/07, 10:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Project AF* is complete. It was a very long weekend and this is the first time I've been home since Friday evening. The pictures are below
Man, I am sorry to hear your troubles. I know the front and rear bumpers are by far the hardest part, and I took my front stripes off and reapplied several times before I got them good enough for me. I would definately look into getting them painted if you can afford it.
Old 9/10/07, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks I appreciate the condolences....

Kyle, I wish they were stealth stripes. That would have been pretty cool.

Bill, I almost called you a couple times, I didn't for two reasons. Pride being one. The other is that I wasn't so sure I could describe what the problem was to get any usefull help. I had already set the emblem piece Saturday and couldn't really float them in together. Although I don't see how that would have helped at all. Spoiler/3rd brake light piece killed the whole deal. Didn't even get to the bumpers.

Dad and I said Friday evening, "now I know why they charge 500 bucks to install stripes". In complete frustration the 500 bucks didn't seem so bad. I am calling the guy now. Who needs gears of war ??

Speaking of GN's when they were hot, me and my friend raced one in his dad's vette... It had us but then it had to try and stop when we finally got to the red light you could see the smoke coming from the Buicks brakes. Awesome motor, cool looking car, horrible otherwise.

Go Seahawks. We're undefeated too !!! Just wish I would have had the time this weekend to watch at least some football. Caught highlights. HAHAHAHA raider nation fell to the Lions.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 9/10/07, 12:16 PM

Ehh, don't sweat it Brian. At least you and ur Pops gave it a run before throwing the towel in. For that, you outta pat yourselves on the back.

Back when I was looking for quotes, I found one shop in HB that sounded pretty good and almost went with them.
Modern Image

Apparently they do vinyl stripes for the local Ford Dealers.

BTW, You guys are killing me with all the football talk.
Old 9/10/07, 12:43 PM

Leo, you have a fan!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=717
Old 9/10/07, 12:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Well it is a nice contribution
Old 9/10/07, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Leo, you have a fan!
I'm sure the fan in the picture didn't hurt.
Old 9/10/07, 02:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
BOOMER SOONER !!!! 2-0 & Ranked #3 in the AP Poll baby, outscoring opponents 130-23
I'm just proud of my USF Bulls pulling off the upset of Auburn!!

I'm a little scared of the way the Gator defense looked in the second half on Saturday. Should be a good test this Saturday with Tennessee coming to town.
Old 9/10/07, 09:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

So WTH ?? POTR has been real slow the last week or so ? Don't tell me everyone has a life ? I thought this was it ?

So it seems that things might be looking a bit up, I will confirm tomorrow but if everything works out I'll be striped before the end of the week. No one seems to do 12" stripes so 10"ers it will have to be.

Hey Bill .... I know you love the NFL or NASCAR talk around here, how about this one...

HOCKEY starts soon !!!! Will that help

Oh Yeah... Jed... Got the package. Thanks !!! haven't checked it out though, I'm working on something that is commanding my full attention, which is hard to do, so hopefully in the next day or so I'll be able to peruse it completely.
Old 9/10/07, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Yep I saw the game. Can't believe we pulled that one out.
Well you are 1 for 1, although it was not for the reasons you stated, still you were correct.

Yeah for some reason my local fox station cut away from the game right as the ball was snapped in the final field goal. I went apesh!t until they showed a reply a minute or two into the Bears/Chargers game. Good news is looks like another easy win next week since eli manning's out with a seprated shoulder and their running back is out with a strained mcl.
With a little hope we may just be 3-1 by the end of October.

I'm sure it's the girl and not the car.

Brian-Sorry to here the stripe install went bad. I'd make sure you really want a 10" stripe before commiting the money. Isn't 10" the size they use on the V6's?? Or is 10" the same size on the GT500?
Old 9/10/07, 09:51 PM

Hey Bill .... I know you love the NFL or NASCAR talk around here, how about this one...

HOCKEY starts soon !!!! Will that help

Oh Yeah... Jed... Got the package. Thanks !!!
Hockey!! Yay!!... not.

What? No UFC fans here? Rampage Jackson just owned Dan Henderson last Saturday night.

Package? Stop holding out Brian, whatcha get?

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Isn't 10" the size they use on the V6's?? Or is 10" the same size on the GT500?
Yeah, the GT500's got 10's.

FRPP stripes are also 10's.
Old 9/10/07, 09:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Package = DVD from the palos verde shoot and then some.

UFC not for me, neither is boxing but I'd watch a boxing match before I watched UFC.

I'd prefer the 12" stripes but I can't find anyone that does them, including the place you suggested Bill. Anyway what convinced me that they'd look OK was two things, the 65 Stang stripes varied in width but was never more than 11".... AND I looked at tom281 & 05fordgt's pics w/10" stripes...especially 05fordgt's as he also has the SSE ducktail and I do like the way it looks.

Lemonaide, dude, lemonaide
Old 9/10/07, 10:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hockey!! Yay!!... not.

What? No UFC fans here? Rampage Jackson just owned Dan Henderson last Saturday night.

Package? Stop holding out Brian, whatcha get?

Yeah, the GT500's got 10's.

FRPP stripes are also 10's.
That fight was weaksauce. They were hugging the entire match.

Package = DVD from the palos verde shoot... I'll hafta double check though, I haven't opened it yet.

I'd prefer the 12" stripes but I can't find anyone that does them, including the place you suggested Bill. Anyway what convinced me that they'd look OK was two things, the 65 Stang stripes varied in width but was never more than 11".... AND I looked at tom281 & 05fordgt's pics w/10" stripes...especially 05fordgt's as he also has the SSE ducktail and I do like the way it looks.

Lemonaide, dude, lemonaide
I didn't know Tom281 had 10" stripes. Now that I know that then yes I say 10's will look awesome. If you don't mind me asking how much is it going to run you??

Bill(S) you guys coming down next Friday? Brian there's still time to change your mind.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)