General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/07, 10:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Brian-Congrats on the pulley install. Glad to hear you found worth the $$. Now all you need is some delete plates. Then of course there's always gears and d/s.
MGW shifter, Gear and a DS will come before delete plates. In fact talked to thy buy that I bought the UPDs from and he gave me the idea of getting some hi-flow cats to maybe pick up some of what I lost when I took the Off Road H off. BTW... ever hear from Steve ??
Old 8/11/07, 11:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
MGW shifter, Gear and a DS will come before delete plates. In fact talked to thy buy that I bought the UPDs from and he gave me the idea of getting some hi-flow cats to maybe pick up some of what I lost when I took the Off Road H off. BTW... ever hear from Steve ??
HI-Flows still illegal in cali so you might as well get the O/R H if your going to go through the hassle. I think you maybe a little too paranoid the cops and neigbors. I've driven by so many cops and never had a problem. Haven't heard from Steve. I'd say go ahead and sell it if your getting other offers.
Old 8/11/07, 11:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Kyle, Phil thanks for the recap. I swear I was gonna ask about Harvick too but didn't. He's become a better driver in the last couple of years, or maybe he's settled down a little more. Not letting his emotions run amok. Too bad about JPM. He is a brut. I could not stand him in CART or F-1 but I think NASCAR actually will suit him.

Thanks for the 'grats. I was pretty skeptical about what they'd do or feel like and besides the blower I keep saying that I'll get didn't want to blow money on something that didn't make a change. I was wrong. It feels stout enough to feel. As good as taking the cats off... no, but I can still feel a difference.
First off, congrats on the new mod. Glad you like it.

Are you gonna leave the rockers as they are for a little while?

Harvick has won the past 2 weeks at road courses, he's becoming a real driver! Still isn't in the same league as Gordon, Stewart, or even Montoya IMO, but he's certinaly improved. Back when Harvick started, he was a complete hot head. (remember they parked him for a race in 02 for reckless driving in the trucks) He has calmed down and has become one of the Nextel Cups' best drivers. Tony Stewart should take notes...
Old 8/11/07, 11:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
On this end, pullies are in and everything is A-OK. Had a problem with the puller. The rental was no where as good as Bill's, but what can you do ? Adapt, Improvise and Overcome.
Bill would choke if he saw what I had to do to get the balancer off. Not the pretties thing ever and it was a little sketchy, but he ll it worked
Okay Brian, what exactly did you do? Hammer and chisel?

Glad the install went smooth. Any problems torquing the crank bolt?

Bill-Check out this thread. There's pics of a GT500 spoiler on a TR.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=69548

What do you guys think of the pony corral and fog light bezels? Would it look cool on my car?
That's Steve's GT. He's the one that got the fading rocker stripes started.
I'm 90% liking that spoiler, so that's not the issue. Since everyone talked me out of getting a knock-off, the Ford part is $250+, and still needs to get painted.
So there's my hold up.

No and no on the corral and bezels.

HI-Flows still illegal in cali...
Are you sure? I wasn't aware that they're illegal. I figured they're okay as long as they meet emission standards.
Old 8/12/07, 12:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Old 8/12/07, 12:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HI-Flows still illegal in cali so you might as well get the O/R H if your going to go through the hassle. I think you maybe a little too paranoid the cops and neigbors. I've driven by so many cops and never had a problem. Haven't heard from Steve. I'd say go ahead and sell it if your getting other offers.
You're right I'm probably more paranoid than I need to be.

Are you sure? I wasn't aware that they're illegal. I figured they're okay as long as they meet emission standards.
I will be looking into this to find out. Bassani & JBA make hi-flow systems that are not specifically for headers. I'll have to research some more.

corral/fog bezels, no just IMO.

Bill Crank Bolt. Didn't need the air compressor for anything. No problems removing the crank bolt or putting on the crank bolt, after torquing everything per instructions.

Removal of the balancer....
The rental puller's Bolt was not small enough to bottom out in the crank or big enough to NOT go into the crank. It was just the right size to screw up the first bit of threads in the crank So I had to improvise several things to get it to work. Finally had to sacrifice a 1/2->3/8 socket adapter to put the puller bolt into and have it too big from going into the crank. So once the balancer was off I had to concentrate on cleaning out the threads. You should always have the right tool for the job, but I didn't and not much of a choice ya know. Still a hammer was involved to "shock" the balancer, easy taps, and knock it loose a bit.

You were right, the final 90 degrees was a real pain though.

'nother subject... didja see the 838hp GT500 that Texas Hot Rods did.... The post with all the changes are on Mustang Forums
Old 8/12/07, 06:53 AM
Cobra Member

1+ here... Unless you feel that your stang needs grannie glasses!

Cool that you got to drive the GT500, sounds like it was awesome!

Phil (you old fart you) and Kyle - Why all the fuss about the Sox? As a long time Yankees fan I still don't see it...

One of my favorite baseball memories is catching every game of a Boston-Yankees series in NY... What fun! It was amazing how many people go to every game!

147 mph Tom? Bad Tom... Very Bad!

I had my 98 up 140+, and my 06 up to 125.
Old 8/12/07, 07:27 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
What do you guys think of the pony corral and fog light bezels? Would it look cool on my car?
The bezels will look wrong on your car.
They are super bling and only work on cars with so much chrome you don't see them.
I love the corral on my car. With no spoiler on the back and the stock ehaust it just adds to the sleeper aspect (6 cyl.).
On your car it may make it less black and your look is more like dark and menacing.
Old 8/12/07, 07:31 AM

I saw the FRPP/Whipple now has a 600hp twin screw S/C!!
Oops... my mistake, it's a twin screw from Roush. It pushes the GT500 to 620 HP up from 500, with a 3 yr warranty.

Here's a 'how-to install' video; they sure may it look easy.

http://www.webridestv.com/movie_v3.aspx?movieid=214

Originally Posted by pville piper
1+ here... Unless you feel that your stang needs grannie glasses!

Never heard that one before!

Brian, sometimes you gotta pull a little MacGyverism to get things done. Good job!
Old 8/12/07, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kenne!

You're right I'm probably more paranoid than I need to be.

I will be looking into this to find out. Bassani & JBA make hi-flow systems that are not specifically for headers. I'll have to research some more.

corral/fog bezels, no just IMO.

Bill Crank Bolt. Didn't need the air compressor for anything. No problems removing the crank bolt or putting on the crank bolt, after torquing everything per instructions.

Removal of the balancer....
The rental puller's Bolt was not small enough to bottom out in the crank or big enough to NOT go into the crank. It was just the right size to screw up the first bit of threads in the crank So I had to improvise several things to get it to work. Finally had to sacrifice a 1/2->3/8 socket adapter to put the puller bolt into and have it too big from going into the crank. So once the balancer was off I had to concentrate on cleaning out the threads. You should always have the right tool for the job, but I didn't and not much of a choice ya know. Still a hammer was involved to "shock" the balancer, easy taps, and knock it loose a bit.

You were right, the final 90 degrees was a real pain though.

'nother subject... didja see the 838hp GT500 that Texas Hot Rods did.... The post with all the changes are on Mustang Forums
Deja Vu! I can't wait for when I'm video taping KB.....when maybe next week

Hey this is off topic but I saw this link to the Urban Dictionary on guess what? Take a look...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice

Bill2
Old 8/12/07, 09:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Roush vs Kenne Bell

Oops... my mistake, it's a twin screw from Roush. It pushes the GT500 to 620 HP up from 500, with a 3 yr warranty.

Here's a 'how-to install' video; they sure may it look easy.

http://www.webridestv.com/movie_v3.aspx?movieid=214

Never heard that one before!

Brian, sometimes you gotta pull a little MacGyverism to get things done. Good job!
Good news from ROUSH but not good enough

The new spec's for the Roush TS are not on their web site even thought Mark from the video said it was But If you look at the gains from the new TS you only get 120HP. That's still not that great. The old model below from ROUSH get you 130 if you upgrade to the small pulley,doing so cost your almost $400 bones more. I called ROUSH and asked if they would sell the new pulley with the blower? I mean why buy it twice right? Oh I know so ROUSH can make an extra $400 on you okay As far as the warranty
goes 2 years beyond the KB is good peace of mind if you need it. But if your hardcore and blowup you engine that warranty and your Ford engine warranty is toast anyway.

When you look at the KB spec's you will understand real efficiency HP/PSI (see below) and that's at 8PSI you can go as high as 24 PSI try doing that with the new ROUSH blower NOT

And the winner is...

Old 8/12/07, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey this is off topic but I saw this link to the Urban Dictionary on guess what? Take a look...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rice

Good one!

ROUSH get you 130 if you upgrade to the small pulley,doing so cost your almost $400 bones more.
$389 for one SC pulley?

Believe me Bill, I'm a KB fan all the way ( ). I was just pointing out that Ford Racing/Roush has a new SC for the GT500 and to see how 'simple' the SC swap is.
Old 8/12/07, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

That's too funny!

I saw the new Dark Candy Apple Red today when I swung by the lot. Looks good, I like it more than the Redfire even though they are close. The car also had on the new Marauder style 5 spoke chrome rims and I actually liked them as well.
Old 8/12/07, 11:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pville piper
Phil (you old fart you) and Kyle - Why all the fuss about the Sox? As a long time Yankees fan I still don't see it...

One of my favorite baseball memories is catching every game of a Boston-Yankees series in NY... What fun! It was amazing how many people go to every game!
You're a long-time Yankees fan and don't have a strong hatred for everything Sox? When I heard about the Roush deal, I was so disappointed with Jack.

I would love to go to a Sox-Yanks series. You got to see one of the best rivalries in sports live.
Old 8/12/07, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just making sure no one misses this thread.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...983#post982983
Old 8/12/07, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kh765
You're a long-time Yankees fan and don't have a strong hatred for everything Sox?

WARNING! WARNING!

Sorry, hatred for another sports team is moronic... I won't post a joke after that because if I hate anything it is just that kind of attitude.
Rivalries can be fun, but should never be taken so seriously. I even rooted for the Sox when they went to the series... I mean what the heck does it say about my team if they one who beats them is a pushover in the series? Sorry for the lecture... I now relinquish the soapbox.

Just making sure no one misses this thread.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...983#post982983
I been following that one... He did a nice one on that stang.

BTW... I wonder how much her mods cost!
Old 8/12/07, 12:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was ROUSH Bashing :)

Good one!

$389 for one SC pulley?

Believe me Bill, I'm a KB fan all the way ( ). I was just pointing out that Ford Racing/Roush has a new SC for the GT500 and to see how 'simple' the SC swap is.
Hey Bill sorry I was going off on you (you know your my hero!) I was just ROUSH bashing

Jack give me a break. I hope he doesn't read this he's signing my car end of this month. I hope he s h _ _ s a billet turd when he see's Kenne.

Now some new news! Eibach is having a open house do any of you local TMS guys want to go? here is the info and link:

I'm thinking discount? Muhahah timing is everything!

They said they are serving pizza I wonder if it's CPK...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...g?t=1185815495

Old 8/12/07, 12:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kenne deal

Hey look I just came across this a used KB. Not trying temp you guys or anything. A plus is the guy lives in SOCAL. this is a 2.4L not a 2.6L maybe you can get it down more?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...806#post976806
Old 8/12/07, 04:21 PM

Okay John and Kyle, kiss and make up. We all know that the Dodgers rule.

Bill, don't sweat it man, KB all the way for you! (Whipple for Brian) =)

Eibach tour sounds pretty cool, gonna have to mark it down on my calender.
Old 8/12/07, 04:32 PM
GTR Member

Montoya sucks! Just kidding, Kyle...

The only thing that sucks about that crash was Jeff Burton having no place to go.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)